Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - acid mothers temple albums with clear production
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedacid mothers temple albums with clear production

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: acid mothers temple albums with clear production
    Posted: February 20 2018 at 08:04
If anyone listens to Acid Mothers temple can they please recommend me their albums which have clear production value? I tried listening to some of their stuff but on every album I've listened to the production value is so crappy and distorted that I can't enjoy listening to their music,Angry which is a shame because I think they are very talented musicians.
twseel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2018 at 10:12
Ha, big fan here, I think it would be safe to go for 'Anthem of the Space', 'Pink Lady Lemonade (You're From Outer Space)', 'Crystal Rainbow Pyramid Under the Stars', 'Wake to a New Dawn of Another Astro Era' or 'Psychedelic Navigator' (as Acid Mothers Guru Guru), those are all pretty accessible with good production, though really most of their work after 2008 sounds more professional than the better known albums that came before it.
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2018 at 13:20
Hi,

I'm not sure if what I say is quite right, but in my estimation, the Acid Mothers Temple group made their fame on live shows, not in albums, and it shows in their work, and when they meet up with others (Mani and Gong as an example), that their best is improvised and sometimes different than what a regular album might expect.

My thoughts are that some of the earlier albums were designed to sound like a lot of their live performances which are an energy draining experience at the end, for many of us, but exciting to see that done so well, even though it is pretty obvious that they are very relaxed and able to improvise at the drop of a needle!

However, I would agree, that in the past 20 years, not having some quality on the recordings and pressings, is not exactly a great thing, but I tend to think that finances around their work were not quite the best and it made for very difficult recordings. Today, however, since everyone can have a piece of mastering software on their computers at home, and then even take it some place to make it better, this is far less expensive of an undertaking than it was 20 years ago.

I kinda look at it as if I were listening to a bootleg ... it's about the show and its energy and quality, and the recording may not do it justice, but the energy behind it ... can leave you breathless for some time! Picking on the quality of the "recording", sometimes, only shows me what waste some famous bands lay in terms of money in these things ... and they don't need it! I don't mind a big name these days, but the over produced thing after the recordings is so much what the band itself is not, even in concert, that I tend to stop listening to that particular band. This has not happened to me with AMT and their work. It still feels fresh more often than not, though some of us might get really tired of the "thrashing", but honestly? I prefer it to many "metal" things that are almost aimless in the thrashing.
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
 Post Reply Post Reply