Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHelp make the new Colouratura album a reality!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help make the new Colouratura album a reality!
    Posted: February 26 2018 at 10:21
Hey gang!

Wanted to let you know that we are very close to finishing the second Colouratura album, Unfamiliar Skies.

It's a bit of a hodgepodge, like the last one, but we feel very strongly that it is a much stronger, much more focused work than the first. It's also backed by a band on most of the tracks, so it 'feels' a bit more live and like a group project.

We also dabble a bit with progressive rock, with a 10 minute suite (featuring Dave Newhouse of The Muffins on saxes). You can hear an excerpt of that track here. There's also a bit of a stoner metal / Black Sabbath homage, and a bit of a beat poetry / funk number with Michael Dawson on sax!

Other guests include Damon Waitkus of Jack o' the Clock, plus some supreme local talent in Derek Pavlic, a guitarist who's something of a Frank Zappa disciple, local 'odd time signature guru' Eric Holskey, and more.

Today, we're launching our gofundme campaign to press the album, complete with a beautiful design byEric Kearns. If you like what you hear, please consider helping us to reach our goal and put out a truly independent release. It was entirely produced in a studio I built from the ground up, so it's a fairly significant project for us to complete and we are beyond excited to share it with you.

Thank you!

Ian Beabout

Edited by progrockdeepcuts - February 26 2018 at 10:22

Listen to older shows here: mixcloud.com/progrockdeepcuts/
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2018 at 15:49
wooo hooo....  awesome.  Glad to hear that Ian. Loved the first and can't wait to hear what you are cooking up.

Hopefully it will be out by Progday and I'll share my thoughts over a bottle of plum wine with you hahah.  '

Oh I haven't forgotten...  you and I are setting at 2 bottles right now.  Love the album? Will get you to 3 bottles haha
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
progrockdeepcuts View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2018 at 16:07
Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

wooo hooo....  awesome.  Glad to hear that Ian. Loved the first and can't wait to hear what you are cooking up.

Hopefully it will be out by Progday and I'll share my thoughts over a bottle of plum wine with you hahah.  '

Oh I haven't forgotten...  you and I are setting at 2 bottles right now.  Love the album? Will get you to 3 bottles haha

Micky, you make me smile. Thanks man. I think you're really going to like this one. It's brighter, and a lot more fun. And it has more Dave, and everybody needs more Dave. Big smile

Edited by progrockdeepcuts - February 26 2018 at 16:08

micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2018 at 17:20
I do try Ian.  Why do you think Raff has put up with my bullsh*t and eccentricities .. for what...  12 years now...  I do make her smile and laugh.  It sure isn't for my face which looks like roadkill.. though the body of some Greek god offsets that for her I guess hahah

More Dave?  Oh yes... I can see that 3rd bottle.  As per my MO.. I'll pass the sample by.. I like to be surprised on first listens.
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
progrockdeepcuts View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2018 at 10:53
FUNDED.

With this, we have officially begun the CD production of our new album. Artwork and mastering complete and sending off to be pressed today. We did it, and we did it with your help and the help of our supporting cast.

Oh, by the way. This is merely the tip of the iceberg.

On the strength of “Unfamiliar Skies”, Colouratura have been signed to Nick Katona’s Melodic Revolution Records!

Edited by progrockdeepcuts - April 04 2018 at 10:54

Post Reply Post Reply