Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jakko Jakszyk of KC Interview

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AEProgman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jakko Jakszyk of KC Interview
    Posted: February 28 2018 at 07:02
Very entertaining interview with Jakko Jakszyk of KC about his early career up to being in King Crimson.  Also about his re-mixing/5.1 Stereo mixes of the likes of ELP, Jethro Tull, Chris Squire's solo album, and others.

He is quite the chatter box and humorous, so much so the interviewer had to break it up into 2 parts.  The interviewer is Nate Goyer of "The Vinyl Guide" podcast.  Parts 1 and 2 url's below.  Enjoy...

http://www.thevinylguide.com/episodes/ep111-jakko-m-jakszyk-of-king-crimson-pt-1

http://www.thevinylguide.com/episodes/ep112-jakko-m-jakszyk-of-king-crimson-pt-2
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2018 at 10:24
Nice interview, but just to pedantically point out that this thread is for interviews which are exclusive to PA, not ones conducted elsewhere.
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
AEProgman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AEProgman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2018 at 11:03
^ I unfortunately saw that after I posted and should be moved to a more appropriate thread.  I do not think I can move it, but if an admin could that would be great. 
tboyd1802 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tboyd1802 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2018 at 17:34
Thanks for sharing, Jakko gives a great interview.

Last year I went to one of the KC shows and paid for the Royal Package. This included a half-hour or so Q&A with a band member. Jakko was the band member that night. Very engaging. At one point one of the guests questioned Jakko about one of his solos - I've forgotten which one - and asserted that he had played it differently over the course of several shows. Jakko simply stated, no, he played it the same every night. The questioner persisted, insisting that he played it differently. Jakko then simply stated "Are you mad? I'm the one that plays it and I can assure you I play it the same every night." It was beautiful...
He neither drank, smoked, nor rode a bicycle. Living frugally, saving his money, he died early, surrounded by greedy relatives. It was a great lesson to me -- John Barrymore
 Post Reply Post Reply