Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedtony banks ( a curious feeling )

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: tony banks ( a curious feeling )
    Posted: March 06 2018 at 19:28
Never clicked with me, someday maybe. As Cosmic said, maybe with a better sounding rem.
Cosmiclawnmower View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2018 at 15:15
^ Likewise; I was given a pre-release copy many years back and felt it offered a lot, in fact apart from Steve Hackett's output, one of the best solo lps from a genesis member (ok, i'm not including PG here..). Some very strong songs but has a cold, fairly depth-less production so am interested to hear a remastered version that might have injected some depth & warmth.

Squonk19 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2018 at 14:22
Been a while since I heard it...always my favourite Banks album, but never quite up there compared to the Genesis stuff (unfair to compare, I know). Time for a revisit, I think - if I can hear the remastered version. I'll get back to you.
“Living in their pools, they soon forget about the sea.”
grantman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2018 at 14:16
I am doing a new review of tony banks ( a curious feeling ) previously i had the an early cd not remastered was i felt the the entire album sounded poorly and had a muddy mix .Whereupon getting a updated remaster of the album,i tell you it,s like night and day ,thankfully as with most genesis re-issues no b-sides or demos that because i like only the tracks featured on albums , being a purist for a more smooth listen.Anyways the most intriguing thing ,i can say about the album it has got to be very genesis like, in mr banks playing i can clearly hear different sounds or arrangements from earlier genesis albums,my favorite tracks is LUCKY ME and AFTER THE LIE the epic instrumental has got be THE WATERS OF LETHE the song that breaks my heart is IN THE DARK the closing song, all i can really say of all the solo albums of genesis member this one in particular really does it for me. p.s any other suggestions like to know ,once thanks for taking the time to read
 Post Reply Post Reply