Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedPink Floyd Clone...Meet Roger Floyd

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pink Floyd Clone...Meet Roger Floyd
    Posted: March 08 2018 at 07:30
Roger makes no bones about it.   Roger Floyd raids Pink Floyd's cabinet, steals and pilfers.  To say Roger Floyd is derivative would be a criminal understatement.   But hey, he had fun and its a personal project.  So if you can forgive and forget for a while and you need a quick Pink Floyd fix.  Just don't share needles. In Roger Floyd's own words...

"What if Pink Floyd were still producing concept albums? This is the question that I asked myself years ago. I realize this is a question that would only be asked by a huge Pink Floyd fan but still I wondered.

I wondered if the younger generation heard the alarm clocks ringing in the beginning of “Time” whether they’d know what that sound was. Grandfather clocks and any other non-digital clock are all but extinct. Would an updated song have ringtones instead? Would that have the same impact?

I soon started writing songs related to the current digital world that we live in, things that are important to me and that I had strong opinions of. I then started taking in how this technology has changed our relationships. I watched friends and couples wedge a device between them so they always have an exit strategy from true communication. This gave me the added idea to write the story of a dissolving marriage that technology helped to destroy.

In short, this album is my attempt to a) Write a concept album about a deteriorating marriage due to technology and b) To sound as much like Pink Floyd as I could. This was recorded in my home-studio by myself with some vocal help from Diana Planche and Lyra Howell.

This isn’t a hip album, it isn’t catchy, fast or uplifting but it is expressive of my current mental state and I think approaches a topic that is becoming more and more an issue and possibly a problem."

Track List

1. Zeros and Ones
2. Bluish Glow
3. The Ballad of Mark Zuckerberg Parts 1 & 2 (Another Post on the Wall)
4. Got a Text
5. All Caught Up
6. Bot and Paid for
7. Me, My Selfies and I
8. Five Screens
9. The Ballad of Mark Zuckerberg Part 3
10. No Service
11. Does Anybody Have Wifi?
12. Ones and Zeros

Edited by omphaloskepsis - March 08 2018 at 07:52
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2018 at 07:43
Aaaaaaahhhhhhh... Does anybody have WI-FI! LOL
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2018 at 08:21
In a way...that's kind of clever......at least he does a decent job.

Thumbs up....
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
 Post Reply Post Reply