Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

news from Phideaux?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spleenache Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: news from Phideaux?
    Posted: March 10 2018 at 19:10
Has anyone heard from Phideaux recently? Last email from him to me was about two years ago (since then i lost his email address) when i was asking him about his upcoming album. He has told me that they were about  to go into the recording sessions and he was waiting for the engineer's time to be freed up. Well that was long time ago. I hope everything with him is OK and he is working on the next release. Does anyone have any news?
omphaloskepsis View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omphaloskepsis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2018 at 21:05
Xavier Phideaux's Facebook page has been unavailable for a year and half.  I think Xavier got tired of being pestered about Infernal.   I read that-  Phideaux violin player Ariel Farber commented (about 2 months ago) that there are reasons to be optimistic for a Late 2018 release.   

If your aching for everything, anything, something Phideaux, tune into Xavier Phideaux's directed "General Hospital" episode on March 19, 2018.  Staring Matt Cohen, Greg Evigan, Rebeca Herbst, and Kelly Monoco! Wink 

Edited by omphaloskepsis - March 10 2018 at 21:19
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2018 at 08:01
He should get together with Tool.
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2018 at 11:06
Tooldeux lol!
Floyd Steely View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Floyd Steely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2018 at 21:28
Originally posted by omphaloskepsis omphaloskepsis wrote:

If your aching for everything, anything, something Phideaux, tune into Xavier Phideaux's directed "General Hospital" episode on March 19, 2018.  Staring Matt Cohen, Greg Evigan, Rebeca Herbst, and Kelly Monoco! Wink 

Well, if nothing else, it's good to hear that Greg Evigan's still alive!
And if you can't be with the prog you love, honey, love the prog you're with.
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2018 at 01:28
^ BJ & The Bear lol
octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl,Neo & Post/Math Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2018 at 11:31
Happy to hear that Xavier is fine. His Doomsday Afternoon is a great album.
Curiosity killed a cat, Schroedinger only half.
My poor home recorded stuff at https://yellingxoanon.bandcamp.com
spleenache View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spleenache Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2018 at 10:44
Originally posted by octopus-4 octopus-4 wrote:

Happy to hear that Xavier is fine. His Doomsday Afternoon is a great album.

Me too. Hope to hear from him.

Phideaux View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Phideaux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2018 at 08:10
greetings my friends.  Although I had to leave the world for awhile, my cold asteroid became too lonely, so I am back.  I have news of my new album Infernal, which will arrive late July/earlly August.  I'm very happy to finally have it done - although I have to say the slow nature off finishing it allowed me to examine many possibilities and fix problems I didn't perceive initially.

In truth, between work requirements and inability to get  time with my engineer, it has been difficult to find the time to finish.  But, now it's done - being mastered now, artwork ready for printing.

Double LP - clear red vinyl
Double CD - mini LP format sleeve

I hope everyone enjoys it.

Meanwhile there is an EP coming out late May with one or two songs from the album, plus some other unreleased things and alternate versions of tracks from the album. 

Thanks for you interest and support.  I promise you'll hear more from me sooner than you think.

Much love
Phideaux
Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2018 at 08:55
Excellent news, thanks for the update.
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
TheGazzardian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheGazzardian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2018 at 09:14
Best news I've heard in a long time and an instant buy on CD here even though I've been moving away from physical media Clap
octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl,Neo & Post/Math Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2018 at 09:31
Great new. Thanx Xavier for posting.
Curiosity killed a cat, Schroedinger only half.
My poor home recorded stuff at https://yellingxoanon.bandcamp.com
Mascodagama View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mascodagama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2018 at 01:10
Well bugger me with a cactus!
Soldato of the Pan Head Mafia. We'll make you an offer you can't listen to.
Bandcamp Profile
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2018 at 09:38
Originally posted by Mascodagama Mascodagama wrote:

Well bugger me with a cactus!

LOL
The Doctor View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Doctor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2018 at 17:50
Just ordered the new EP from Kinesis (apparently, they've made an exception to not getting anything new in stock for Phideaux).  Looking forward to hearing that and great to hear the new album will be along shortly. 
I can understand your anger at me, but what did the horse I rode in on ever do to you?
TheGazzardian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheGazzardian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2018 at 14:34
There's a new EP? Is it possible to buy at bandcamp?
guimabvue View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guimabvue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2018 at 16:08
Yes! There is an EP and it is called 'We only have eyes for you'. It is available on Kinesis website (http://www.kinesiscd.com/storeframe1.htm) and Amazon.com.. Nothing on Bandcamp for now..
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2018 at 01:36
Wow
Did not see this coming....but I am positively surprised. I genuinely feared that Infernal would become Prog's Chinese Democracy.
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2018 at 06:00
How come Infernal is up on the site when its not release until July 31st?
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2018 at 06:07
Once a band is in everyone is free to add albums. I think Mayer added it.
Just for future purposes, and that goes for everyone: it'd be nice if we could wait just a wee bit longer before we add an album to the database. I know because I've already deleted Infernal once in the past...and woe and behold if there wasn't already a couple of Nostradamuses who'd rated the album 5 stars.
Nahh better just to wait until the album is out among early reviewers/promo copy go-getters.
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>