Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

news from Phideaux?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Discography Auditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbzr48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2018 at 10:44
Originally posted by Nogbad_The_Bad Nogbad_The_Bad wrote:

How come Infernal is up on the site when its not release until July 31st?
Many albums have a preorder long before the album is out, when the info is available no reason not to post it, you would not be happy that let's say the Vinyl Is sold out on the release day and you wish that you got one Smile
mbzr48 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Discography Auditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbzr48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2018 at 10:45
Originally posted by Guldbamsen Guldbamsen wrote:

Once a band is in everyone is free to add albums. I think Mayer added it.
Just for future purposes, and that goes for everyone: it'd be nice if we could wait just a wee bit longer before we add an album to the database. I know because I've already deleted Infernal once in the past...and woe and behold if there wasn't already a couple of Nostradamuses who'd rated the album 5 stars.
Nahh better just to wait until the album is out among early reviewers/promo copy go-getters.
Many albums have a preorder long before the album is out, when the info is available no reason not to post it, you would not be happy that let's say the Vinyl Is sold out on the release day and you wish that you got oneSmile
glass-moon View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glass-moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2018 at 01:18
It's happening! Is it? Yay!
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2018 at 01:44
Originally posted by mbzr48 mbzr48 wrote:

Originally posted by Guldbamsen Guldbamsen wrote:

Once a band is in everyone is free to add albums. I think Mayer added it.
Just for future purposes, and that goes for everyone: it'd be nice if we could wait just a wee bit longer before we add an album to the database. I know because I've already deleted Infernal once in the past...and woe and behold if there wasn't already a couple of Nostradamuses who'd rated the album 5 stars.
Nahh better just to wait until the album is out among early reviewers/promo copy go-getters.

Many albums have a preorder long before the album is out, when the info is available no reason not to post it, you would not be happy that let's say the Vinyl Is sold out on the release day and you wish that you got oneSmile

Lots of reasons not to post it - most noteably to stop idiots from rating the album before it's out on the street. When I was part of the admin team I could've spent all day deleting bogus rating on Steven Wilson's/Dream Theater's/Transatlantic's newest album.
As for announcing the occation? We've got a whole dedicated subforum for that ie Prog News, which incidentally also is linked to via the frontpage.
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Rendref View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rendref Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2018 at 06:46
Great news!
When "Number 7 1/2" is released then? :)

But seriously, I've been waiting 6 years for that (as everyone, I guess). No pre-order yet opened?
natewait View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natewait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2018 at 19:15
Has anyone heard the new Phideaux EP "We Only Have Eyes For You"? I stumbled across it on Bandcamp, and I think it is really worth a listen, it is excellent to my ears and a great teaser for the upcoming album. Each track blends right to the next, making it feel almost like a nice 20 minute epic. I especially love The Sleepers Wake, it is a really excellent track. 

It is just really refreshing to hear new Phideaux music, and I can't wait for the full length album. I'll be first in line to pre-order when it becomes available.

Here is the bandcamp link: https://mrmdistribution.bandcamp.com/album/we-only-have-eyes-for-you-ep

Just wanted to see if anybody else had any thoughts because I hadn't seen any yet. Smile
Please check out my Progressive Music Blog: The Leviathan.
Cag71 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cag71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2018 at 05:31
I enjoy Phideaux's music a lot and have collected nearly all his releases so far, so particularly looking forward to the release of Infernal. I hope that this will also be available through Bandcamp.
Micaiorb View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Micaiorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2018 at 09:54
I went to preorder the Infernal LP from Just for Kicks Music's website and it said the release date was now September 7th. I emailed them about this and they said that the artist informed them that the release date had been postponed. I hope this isn't a bad sign and we go another 5 years with no information.
DarkTower View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkTower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2018 at 07:37
Finally, the new album by Phideaux will be released soon.
Good news. Phideaux is better on each and every album.
Snowtorch is really fantastic. I saw his band live in Quebec City a few years ago and it was really good.
noni View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2018 at 12:43
Looking forward to the new album Smile
someone_else View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote someone_else Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2018 at 14:46
It is announced for 9 September, as I posted in a rather unusual thread.
johnobvious View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnobvious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2018 at 18:50
Review of the new album over on DPRP now. Sounds like the wait was worth it. Although there is this caveat so who really knows:

"Infernal has been a long time coming. It was first expected in 2013 and after numerous delayed release dates, it appears that it is finally ready to be released later this year."
Biggles was in rehab last Saturday
Phideaux View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Phideaux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2018 at 12:08
Good afternoon People of the World.  I was going to post that I have a new album coming out, but then I saw this thread, so I will use this instead.  As you know I've been working on my double album, Infernal for the past 7 years.  Now, it's coming out - September 9, although it might be moved up for delivery early on Amazon.

Since this is the "Press releases" thread, here's the official press release:

Phideaux to Release “Infernal” in September: Double the Doom, Twice the Fun

Los Angeles, CA — US based artist Phideaux Xavier makes his long awaited return from a seven year hiatus with Infernal. The much anticipated release is a double album of fear, terror, and perhaps a ray of hope that will finally see the light of day on September 9, 2018. Infernal will be available in double red vinyl as well as 2 CDs in a gatefold mini-LP format.

Infernal is the final installment of Phideaux’s trilogy of albums that began in 2006 with The Great Leap. The second installment, Doomsday Afternoon, was a bombastic and complex opus, utilizing a 12 piece section of
the Los Angeles Philharmonic Orchestra among a bevy of other musicians, old and new. Released in 2007, Doomsday garnered the attention of the progressive rock communities in the US and Europe. The many accolades and increasing interest led to invitations for Phideaux to play various festivals, such as RoSfest (US), Summer’s End (UK), Crescendo (France), and Terra Incognita (Canada).

While Phideaux has released other albums since Doomsday Afternoon (Number Seven, Snowtorch), Infernal returns to the stunning artwork and musical DNA from which the first two albums in the trilogy were created.

The singular "eco terror tale" continues with Infernal. Cryptic, melodic, mysterious and frightening, this new release is all one might hope to find within Phideaux’s new double creation. Infernal is "the end we saw begin”. At last.

Edited by Phideaux - August 25 2018 at 12:09
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2018 at 04:40
I snuck a peek yesterday and am thoroughly looking forward to the full kahuna.
Please don't let us wait another 6 years again Xavier!

What I did notice about my granted somewhat superficial sneekpeak was that melodies, hooks and some arrangements echo the former installments in the trilogy yet somehow retain a freshness about them.
Oh and I really missed those simple and highly melodic synth lines you sprinkle your albums in. Some times less is indeed more.
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Phideaux View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phideaux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2018 at 00:14
Hey friends, the official release date for my new album, Infernal, has been moved up and it's now available for stream and purchase on this planet.  I've been so lucky by the warm welcome I've been given upon my return to the land of the living. 

I can imagine how people were frustrated by the wolf crying of "coming soon" - and probably no one as annoyed as myself when impediment after impediment was put in my way.

To be fair, many of those impediments turned out the be blessings, because it gave me more time to reflect and react to the recording and to let the "statue" tell me which bits of marble to cut away.

And so, while I have wished I could work on the album, and wished my engineer was available to me, and wished I hadn't gotten absorbed in my day job, I have finally gotten the project completed.

Thanks for support and here's hoping folks will take a listen.  There's a free playlist of the album at soundcloud

https://soundcloud.com/phideaux/sets/infernal

So take a listen and let me know what you think.

cheers,
Phideaux

Edited by Phideaux - September 04 2018 at 00:15
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2018 at 06:53
got the new album at Progday..and good God man.. it is so good to hear them again. This album rules....
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2018 at 06:58
Originally posted by Phideaux Phideaux wrote:

Hey friends, the official release date for my new album, Infernal, has been moved up and it's now available for stream and purchase on this planet.  I've been so lucky by the warm welcome I've been given upon my return to the land of the living. 

I can imagine how people were frustrated by the wolf crying of "coming soon" - and probably no one as annoyed as myself when impediment after impediment was put in my way.

To be fair, many of those impediments turned out the be blessings, because it gave me more time to reflect and react to the recording and to let the "statue" tell me which bits of marble to cut away.

And so, while I have wished I could work on the album, and wished my engineer was available to me, and wished I hadn't gotten absorbed in my day job, I have finally gotten the project completed.

Thanks for support and here's hoping folks will take a listen.  There's a free playlist of the album at soundcloud

https://soundcloud.com/phideaux/sets/infernal

So take a listen and let me know what you think.

cheers,
Phideaux

fabulous album.  You knocked that baby out of the park, and a word of personal thanks for the very kind note you sent my wife (Raffaella). Very sweet. It meant a lot to her, and to me.
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Phideaux View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phideaux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2018 at 13:26
Micky!  Thank you for your kind words about the album.  I'm glad you are enjoying it.  Give my love to Raffaella.  She has been such a great supporter, and is a lovely person.  I remember having breakfast with her at Rosfest one year in the cafe.  Always great to run into!

cheers PX
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2018 at 15:14
I'm also looking forward to buying the new album by Phideaux ...been a relatively new fan for the last 5 years or so.
:)
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
LearsFool View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LearsFool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2018 at 16:14
It's an excellent record, exactly what I've been waiting so patiently and expectantly for. Bravo!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>