Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

news from Phideaux?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2018 at 16:22
Already available on bandcamp

(and sounds fabulous - thanks Phideaux, it was worth the waiting)
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2018 at 17:54
Originally posted by Phideaux Phideaux wrote:

Micky!  Thank you for your kind words about the album.  I'm glad you are enjoying it.  Give my love to Raffaella.  She has been such a great supporter, and is a lovely person.  I remember having breakfast with her at Rosfest one year in the cafe.  Always great to run into!

cheers PX

Yeah that album hits about the 3 or so G-spots I have and all at once.  ahhhh

I definitely will and yeah she is an angel. Hope to see you all out here on the right coast some time soon.  Your albums are great but it was seeing you at the Orion, very up and and personal that made me the fan I am.   
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2018 at 12:17
Special Collabs who talks and reply to senior members..!?

What the f**k is going on with this place!

micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2018 at 14:50
Originally posted by Barbu Barbu wrote:

Special Collabs who talks and reply to senior members..!? *emotici-snip*

What the f**k is going on with this place!

*emotici-snip*

*spits a damn good beer on monitor*

I'm more surprised they talk to me..  she is the beauty and brains... I am just the roadkill looking big mouth...  

first time I was called.  Raff's husband.. as in.. 'OH you are Raff's husband'  Forget all I have done in prog... pfff... I discovered the proper rotation of the prog universe yes sir
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
twseel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twseel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2018 at 10:57
Glad the album is out! And it's great, I wasn't disappointed at all; in fact I think this is the strongest I've heard from him/you. You can definitely hear where the effort of perfecting every sound went, it's immaculately put together really.
POTA View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote POTA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2018 at 20:41
This is one of the strongest, most musically rich releases I’ve heard in a long time. I mentioned elsewhere that I almost forgot music of this quality could still be produced. 
Phideaux View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phideaux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2018 at 23:13
Does anyone know how to contact a moderator on this forum?  I can't seem to post any comments aside from in this spot.  I keep getting error "access denied" messages.

Rivertree View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Band Submissions

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rivertree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2018 at 03:22
sorry, but that is what we call normality lately ...

richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2018 at 00:05
Ordered
glass-moon View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glass-moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2018 at 07:26
Found some older info regarding the other releases which were hinted before:

Also, because Doomsday Afternoon has been out of print for about a year, we are making an upgraded new version to release simultaneously with Infernal. In fact, Doomsday Afternoon and a remixed "re-envisioned" version of The Great Leap will be out on vinyl as a result. Because both those albums are 60ish minutes, they are 3 sided LPs and therefore will be released together as a 3 LP version (sharing side 3's). Only The Great Leap will have some bonus track material (to round out a slightly short "side 3".

... so since we now have you here... how's that going? Smile
thx
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2018 at 08:31
Looks like the physical copies are unavailable in Canada...okay, I think I'll pass on that.
silverpot View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2018 at 16:47

Does anyone know how to contact a moderator on this forum?  I can't seem to post any comments aside from in this spot.  I keep getting error "access denied" messages.

I also get that message when I try to post with emoticons.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2018 at 21:24

sorry abou that man. The owner of the site is a prick and an a****le and doesn't care enough to fix this.
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2018 at 00:23
Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

sorry abou that man. The owner of the site is a prick and an a****le and doesn't care enough to fix this.

well pull your finger out then LOL
Phideaux View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phideaux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2018 at 00:50
thanks for the info re. error messages.  Glad it's not just me.

As for physical copies in Canada, we are having trouble with Amazon, but they are available thru Terra Incognita.

As for upgraded Leap/Doom, I was just in a horrible session today, trying to integrate mixes from Pro Tools 9 into Pro Tools 11, with plug ins that are no longer compatible.  So, it's going to be a few weeks before we can get the long hoped for rehabilitations of Doomsday Afternoon and The Great Leap up and running. 

I'm excited to hear Doomsday in it's best audio resolution - we won't be remixing that one, just upgrading the sonic soundscape, whereas The Great Leap might sound quite different.

cheers and thanks for the info and interest.
DarkTower View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkTower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2018 at 07:14
Try to clear history from your browser before posting. It may solve the Access Denied issue

Edited by DarkTower - September 19 2018 at 07:35
glass-moon View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glass-moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2019 at 14:27

thanks for the info re. error messages.  Glad it's not just me.

As for physical copies in Canada, we are having trouble with Amazon, but they are available thru Terra Incognita.

As for upgraded Leap/Doom, I was just in a horrible session today, trying to integrate mixes from Pro Tools 9 into Pro Tools 11, with plug ins that are no longer compatible.  So, it's going to be a few weeks before we can get the long hoped for rehabilitations of Doomsday Afternoon and The Great Leap up and running. 

I'm excited to hear Doomsday in it's best audio resolution - we won't be remixing that one, just upgrading the sonic soundscape, whereas The Great Leap might sound quite different.

cheers and thanks for the info and interest.
Hi there Xavier, any news?
PS: Really enjoying the Infernal.
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2022 at 01:07
I’m a newbie to the music of Phideaux and as. I’ve absolutely no idea what album to start with can. Someone please point me in the right direction thanks.

Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without music, life would be a mistake."

Music Is Live

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.

Keep Calm And Listen To The Music…
<
miamiscot View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miamiscot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2022 at 10:48
Start with his masterpiece: Doomsday Afternoon. If you don't like that one...
The Prog Corner
Rottenprogger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rottenprogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2022 at 15:11
Another new (to me) artist that I've discovered thanks to these boards. Phideaux's Bandcamp is chockfull of great music and I'm enjoying it immensely! 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123