Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedRussian chemical attack on UK

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 14>
Poll Question: How should government respond?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
2 [13.33%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
2 [13.33%]
3 [20.00%]
1 [6.67%]
3 [20.00%]
4 [26.67%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2018 at 07:10
Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

Who gains most from the death of a Russian spy?  Other Russian spies

Excellent example. No one is claiming that false flags don't exist, only that in this case it's unlikely and that's the difference when people try to argue their paranoid agenda. And make no mistake about it, a big part of paranoia is the failure to reason rationally.

There is no proof that it is and no proof it is not but given the history of governments of the world, a false flag event is just as likely to be the case as any other scenario and as someone above stated, we only know a fraction of what really has gone down. After seeing an entire series about false flags, it turns out many incidents that seemed impossible to have been so actually turned out to have been inside operations. 

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy
Blacksword View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2018 at 07:13
Originally posted by M27Barney M27Barney wrote:

We may be a small country but we still have the ability to nuke some sense into any bigger adversary - think of us as an angry short ginger bloke with an AK47.......

Indeed, like the small guy has the ability the punch the big guy, before the big guy crushes him like a gingernut biscuit, and makes a radioactive cheescake base out of him.
Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy!
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2018 at 08:04
Originally posted by Blacksword Blacksword wrote:

Originally posted by M27Barney M27Barney wrote:

We may be a small country but we still have the ability to nuke some sense into any bigger adversary - think of us as an angry short ginger bloke with an AK47.......

Indeed, like the small guy has the ability the punch the big guy, before the big guy crushes him like a gingernut biscuit, and makes a radioactive cheescake base out of him.

Any any nuclear weapons set off contaminate the entire surface of the planet. Testing from the 1940s and 50s still is affecting the ecology of the planet, therefore any nuclear attacks are in effect internecine in nature.

omphaloskepsis View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2018 at 09:02
If Russia poisoned the spy...

- Why did Russia use such a clumsy nerve agent?   

Multiple folks hurt.  Untraceable "heart attack guns" have been in use since the mid 70's.  Ergo, Russia must have wanted the world to know Russia poisoned the spy. 

Why did Russia want the world to know they poisoned the spy?

The only plausible motive that occurs to me at present is... Warn, threaten, intimidate other Russian spies with "termination with prejudice" if they turn their backs on Russia.

What other plausible motives might Russia have?   

Edited by omphaloskepsis - March 17 2018 at 15:47
Davesax1965 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2018 at 10:06
I had a run in with the FSB. 

True story. 1998, Sheremetievo Airport, Moscow. Accidentally ripped my visa in half. A nice gentleman in a grey suit took me into a side room and handed me a sellotape dispenser and invited me to tape my visa back up before I left Russia. Four of his friends were standing there with AK-74's so I thought discretion was the better part of value. I did point out the flight was due to Paris in 15 minutes. 

"The plane leaves when we tell it to", he helpfully informed me. 

Smert Schpionam really existed not to get rid of spies, more to act as an informer network in the lead up to the Great Purges of 1936 and 1937. However, the Russians always have had an interest in getting shut of the predatel - traitor - and Machiavellian assassinations, occasionally on foreign soil, have always happened. As Trotsky can tell you, once he gets rid of the ice pick. 

There's quite a lot of conspiracy theories on this thread and I'd ask the advocates of the whackier theories - (a) Ever been to the USSR or Russia ? (b) Aware of Russian history ? (c) Resident in Europe (as it's the sphere of influence for Russia, the US is generally not (I know Trotsky was assassinated in Mexico, yeah yeah.) 

If the answers to these questions is "no" then you're falling into the usual Internet pattern of "opinion rather than knowledge", I'm afraid. 

Another funny I did in Moscow was go off to see the Lubyanka. Nearly got knocked down outside it by a gang of Russian criminals with faces like blind cobblers' thumbs. Car screeched around a corner, scattering pedestrians, I just thought "zhopa" and stood there look a tough English idiot. "Pashol von, mudaki", I shouted at them as the car missed me by two inches. My bad Russian accent probably saved me as if they'd understand me, I'd have more metal in my chest than Leonid Brezhnev. (600 medals.) 

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2018 at 10:18
Incidentally, I'd like to ask how the Bay of Pigs was "a false flag".

Russian nerve agent found at the site, no false flag. So much for the conspiracy theory. 

Unless you want to believe (as in X Files) that UK Gov PLC "made it up", in which case, you can disbelieve any fact whatsoever, which is what conspiracy theorists tend to do. 

So I blame Jeremy Clarkson, that's just as rational. Jezzer is behind it. 

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2018 at 10:51
From Irish Times...

"British prime minister Theresa May put two scenarios to parliament on Monday. The attack on former British-Russian spy Sergei Skripal may have been planned directly by the Kremlin or that through lax scrutiny Russia allowed the nerve agent to fall into the wrong hands. The situation is more complicated than that"....

..."

Produced illegally

It is also possible that Novichok has since been produced illegally. It is made from chemical elements which are harmless on their own but lethal when combined.

Theresa May’s first scenario, that the Kremlin was directly involved, seems unlikely. Skripal was in the UK as part of an official spy-swap deal with Russia. The only suggestion of suspicious activities on Skripal’s part has been a report in the Daily Telegraph that he was close to an unnamed person in the organization run by Christopher Steele, who produced the dossier claiming Russia had compromising material on Donald Trump."

https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/unlikely-that-vladimir-putin-behind-skripal-poisoning-1.3425736

Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2018 at 15:18
LOL  Well now it's getting a tad silly.  Who doesn't have compromising material on Donald Trump.  He's one big compromise.  Sounds like global politiks as usual.
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2018 at 17:52
Originally posted by Davesax1965 Davesax1965 wrote:

Russian nerve agent found at the site, no false flag. So much for the conspiracy theory. 

Unless you want to believe (as in X Files) that UK Gov PLC "made it up", in which case, you can disbelieve any fact whatsoever, which is what conspiracy theorists tend to do. 

Operation Northwoods was a propsed false flag against Cuba, unlike many of these planned events, this one got nipped by JFK.

As for your references to conspiracy theories regarding Russia. Yes, i've been there. I studied the Russian language for five years in the university and i have studied the history fairly extensively as well as delving into the suppressed scientific discoveries that went underground after the USSR collapsed. Some of us really do have a deep understanding of these issues that are firmly based in extensive research rather than banal paranoia and insipid distrust of authority.

As for why the UK government would want to instigate such an event to conceive aggressive retribution against Russia, i would guess it has something to do with Putin's plans on dropping the US dollar in favor of an alternative currency. Add to that the banning of Monsanto laced products as well as other moves that have wrankled the US such as banning the adoption of Russian babies to the US market where pedolphelia rings run rampent. The UK is pretty much a puppet to US interests these days instead of the other way around. All the English commonwealth countries also form a tightly knit group. There could be a million other reasons as well, but the truth is, as the Western powers weaken under the inevitable rising of the East, the greatest fear of these old superpowers is that resource rich Russia will partner with China, India and Indonesia to create a new world order that leaves them out in the cold. I have heard convincing arguments that the whole Brexit thing was based on the desire to break from the E.U. in order so that Britain can become the next Switzerland type banking haven for Eastern finance. Purportedly instigated by the monarchy but the schism in the UK is growing stronger everyday with the previously unthinkable of Corbyn actually gaining ground in public opinion. 

All in all, this is better than a James Bond flick LOL

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2018 at 18:15
Silly Puppy said- 

"As for your references to conspiracy theories regarding Russia. Yes, i've been there. I studied the Russian language for five years in the university and i have studied the history fairly extensively as well as delving into the suppressed scientific discoveries that went underground after the USSR collapsed. Some of us really do have a deep understanding of these issues that are firmly based in extensive research rather than banal paranoia and insipid distrust of authority.

As for why the UK government would want to instigate such an event to conceive aggressive retribution against Russia, i would guess it has something to do with Putin's plans on dropping the US dollar in favor of an alternative currency. Add to that the banning of Monsanto laced products as well as other moves that have wrankled the US such as banning the adoption of Russian babies to the US market where pedolphelia rings run rampent. The UK is pretty much a puppet to US interests these days instead of the other way around. All the English commonwealth countries also form a tightly knit group. There could be a million other reasons as well, but the truth is, as the Western powers weaken under the inevitable rising of the East, the greatest fear of these old superpowers is that resource rich Russia will partner with China, India and Indonesia to create a new world order that leaves them out in the cold. I have heard convincing arguments that the whole Brexit thing was based on the desire to break from the E.U. in order so that Britain can become the next Switzerland type banking haven for Eastern finance. Purportedly instigated by the monarchy but the schism in the UK is growing stronger everyday with the previously unthinkable of Corbyn actually gaining ground in public opinion."

Very interesting summarization of English-Russia-East relationships. 

Although I didn't study Russian for 5 years,  I majored in Biology and minored in Russia Translation.  My next door neighbor and good friend was born in Russia, defected, and retired last year as a professor at University of North Texas.  We talk Russian politics a few times a month.  That being said, I believe "False Flags" are more common then the general population believe.  There is also a thing some call a "opportunistic false flag".   World leaders often practice the belief of- "Never let a good disaster go to waste."   In other words Politicians make hay with every disaster and push their devious plans in at a rapid pace after the disaster (opportunistic false flag).   Rarely do World Leaders plan for the best of their citizens. 

Edited by omphaloskepsis - March 15 2018 at 18:19
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2018 at 19:01
^ looks like we're kindred spirits. I was also a biology major but i was a linguistics freak and studied Russian, German, Spanish, Italian and French as well. All along though i have been very interested in just about every other aspect of reality so call me the ultimate nerd. I fit the bill. There is another aspect as to why false flags occur. I have also been a student of metaphysics and spriritual practices. It seems that black magic is being used to manipulate the world on governmental levels. Purportedly rediscovered by Queen Elizabeth's sorcerer at hand in the 1500s and used to usurp power. I know it sounds crazy but the whole reason pedophilia exists is to split personalities in humans so they can be manipulated by mind control. Also we are living in nothing more than an adult version of Monsters Inc where the power hungry elites harvest our fears after such attacks. Their greatest fear is that our group consciousness will merge and awaken to our true powers. Since they are not allowed by the universe to carry these things out without revealing their intentions, there is purportedly a declaration of the three world wars (one, two and terror) on display in the Library of London i believe. I have heard from those who have seen it that it is indeed quite real. Politicians are not really in control. They are indeed puppets of the hidden elites just as the Pope is a front for the "black pope." It's all really wild the deeper you dig into this stuff. 

And BTW World Leaders NEVER plan for the best of their citizens. Because when they did (JFK for example) they end up in the ground. The good news is that the insider "alliance" or "white hats" are successfully defeating this cabal of Luciferian cult that has been carrying out the most horrific of atrocities on the human race for millenia. The amount of information i've studied regarded this stuff is encyclopedic in scope but ties together all the dots that are out of everyday site. Living in the Bay Area i've also chatted with a number of Russians since there is a huge population here. Insights into both cultures through their eyes has also proven stimualting. There are many reasons we are villifying Russia and they are not for the crimes that they truly should be villified for since we are carrying out these same crimes against humanity.

Hold on to your hats. The wild ride is only beginning.

tszirmay View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2018 at 22:32

Really enjoyed your in depth analysis of Russian (ex-Soviet , ex-Czarist) attitudes towards rats to the Motherland. Its even imbedded in basic Russian folklore as Matiya Rus (or Mother Russia) ! 
For decades, the Cheka, NKVD, MGB, GRU, KGB , SVR, FSB and tutti quanti...., had no compunctions whatsoever in hounding ex-patriates, whether real or imagined, especially in the case of scientists. I know full well, being both a historian as well as a refugee from the Hungarian Revolution in 1956. BTW, this uprising was the seed by which the Soviet Empire ultimately crumbled , something I have studied intensely and can conclude that you are absolutely correct in your well-versed opinion. Because there is historical, un-biased evidence of the evilness of the Communist attempt at victory. Even from both sides! 
It was a failure from the get-go , a country where mismanagement due to POLITICAL primitiveness is well documented , I having heard stories , real ones, that defy imagination . Putin is a potentially lethal maniac because he is extremely smart and beguiling. His logic is water-tight: All is America"s fault! BORING!!!!

Ostriches in the sand, beware ! Wake up and read , or better yet , google "Putin interviews" and see for yourself what he says: SCARY! At some of us are! 
I never post anything anywhere without doing more than basic research, often in depth.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2018 at 07:10
Hi Tszirmay (y privet ! ) 

Yes, quite correct. Since the time of the Tsars, there has always been a state police in Russia which operates without conventional rules. Started with the Okhrana, but it's gone through various incarnations - as you say, the Chekists changed into a variety of state organs: all have acted without any reference to the law and all have operated externally to Russia at some point. 

At the end of the day, what do we know ? There has been an attack in the UK (this has happened before) against a former spy. This has happened before. Traces have been found of a nerve agent produced in Russia. This has been identified by Porton Down, who are a world authority in producing chemical weapons including the more normal VX agent. Yes, Novichok *could* be synthesized outside of Russia, but it's not the easiest thing to synthesize a nerve agent. A private individual would be incapable of doing it. A company would probably have extreme difficulty. It is theoretically possible but highly unlikely. 

Strangely, when Kim Jong Un's half brother was assassinated, using VX, in Malaysia, no one came up with any conspiracy theories. Kim Jong Nam was somewhat of an embarassment and liability to North Korea, who are known to have the capacity to manufacture VX. No one pointed a finger elsewhere or looked for a cause external to North Korea. 

It seems irrational at best to start pointing fingers at anywhere other than either the Kremlin or Russian secret services in the London case. Or speculating with no evidence whatsoever. And that's what gets me about conspiracy theories, they are baseless supposition which goes way beyond a reasonable guess and fully embraces utter paranoid speculation. People believe conspiracy theories because they want to believe them - it suits their own particular views which are unsupported (or unsupportable) by any evidence. 

Flat earthers, no moon landing, JFK assassination, give us all a break. The simplest answer is always the most likely. Anything else and it all starts sounding like UFO freaks after one spliff too many. 

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2018 at 07:15
Here's a conspiracy theory for you, then. 

Porton Down synthesize a version of Novichok and then poison a former spy on UK territory. Reason unknown but for a secret reason known only to UK Gov PLC. 

That would probably be the first time in history it's happened. Now the question - "why would they ? " and also "don't you think that coming to that kind of conclusion is an unprovable step further away from a more rational explanation ? "

Another conspiracy theory. The CIA did it. 

Oh yes, of course, imagine what would happen if CIA operatives were caught with nerve agents in the UK, even with our D notices. And why should they ? 

So I reckon Jeremy Clarkson is behind this. It's just as logically reasonable a conclusion. Totally unfounded, unprovable and unlikely. 

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2018 at 07:43
^ I've found the simple answer is rarely the real one. It's certainly the lazy route for those not motivated to do the hard work to find the truth if it's even findable. Why does a lightning bolt zigzag instead of descending to the Earth in a straight line? Why do human languages have idioms when the simplest route is mechanical grammatical constructs?

Even Corbyn and entire ally countries like France have stated publicly that there is no proof that Russia had anything to do with this. Just like photoshop, evidence, chemicals etc can be easily manipulated for any political means.

Even if chemicals were manufactured in Russia by no means is tantamount to the government of Russia being responsible for anything.

Russia is guilty of many crimes itself of course and that's not my point in the least but one thing should be clear and that the Soviet Union is not the same nation as what Russia has become so comparisons can only go so far in the 21st century.

If complexity starts sounding like a stoned out rant to you, then you seriously need to spend more time digging into the nitty gritty because i do not use drugs at all (unless you count music) and despite being resistent to all these things i've discussed in the beginning, have no choice but to accept the possibilities. The world is to everyone's chagrin, much more complicated than we would like.

In the end, it's all about probabilities. Weighing historical precedence with contemporary scenarios that dovetail into  those likelihoods. Unless you've you've heard from insider's about the nuts and bolts of how government institutions work and the most unthinkable extremes they will implement to carry out their agenda, this very well may all seem like nebulous drifting and verbose punditry.

Edited by siLLy puPPy - March 16 2018 at 08:26

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2018 at 09:03

Here's a conspiracy theory for you, then. 

Porton Down synthesize a version of Novichok and then poison a former spy on UK territory. Reason unknown but for a secret reason known only to UK Gov PLC. 

That would probably be the first time in history it's happened. Now the question - "why would they ? " and also "don't you think that coming to that kind of conclusion is an unprovable step further away from a more rational explanation ? "

Another conspiracy theory. The CIA did it. 

Oh yes, of course, imagine what would happen if CIA operatives were caught with nerve agents in the UK, even with our D notices. And why should they ? 

So I reckon Jeremy Clarkson is behind this. It's just as logically reasonable a conclusion. Totally unfounded, unprovable and unlikely. 

What was Russia's motive?  Force Trump into levying sanctions on Russia?    Looks like many other countries will follow suit.  Sergei Skripal served 4 years in Russian Prison.  Why wasn't he killed then?  

It would seem to me that Russia would stand the most to lose by poisoning Skripal with supposedly Russia nerve gas.  Certainly the USA or Britain could manufacture and deliver the exact same nerve gas. 

What benefits would Britain gain?   Distraction from Brexit for one.   In comparison to UK, USA governments creeping glacierly, agonizingly slow on everything citizens want, need, and demand- The USA - UK reactions and actions against Russia have been lighting quick!   Its amazing how fast the governments can move when they want to.

Edited by omphaloskepsis - March 16 2018 at 10:09
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2018 at 09:55
^ it's almost always the case that rushed accusations lacking substantial evidence is a false flag. It's like telltale sign number 1 on the list

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2018 at 10:52
(Quadruple face palm time) ;-)

SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2018 at 13:10
Originally posted by siLLy puPPy siLLy puPPy wrote:

[QUOTE=Davesax1965]As for your references to conspiracy theories regarding Russia. Yes, i've been there. I studied the Russian language for five years in the university and i have studied the history fairly extensively as well as delving into the suppressed scientific discoveries that went underground after the USSR collapsed. Some of us really do have a deep understanding of these issues that are firmly based in extensive research rather than banal paranoia and insipid distrust of authority.

*Cough* (Spits 12 year old scotch on keyboard!)

I'm the first to admit that history is always written by the winners and there's no more corrupted history to study than Russia's, so that's not a bragging right. Neither is the command of the Russian language which can't even tell you why Russians love vodka and borscht, let alone inform you on the ins and outs of the Russian social/political thought process. I must say that I'm not surprised to see that you can bound with like minded individuals on this subject. Unfortunately, its the way of the world at present.

Btw, I studied Greek which means that I can out dance any Zorba in the room. 

Edited by SteveG - March 16 2018 at 13:17
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2018 at 13:27
^ hey! that's  total waste of good scotch! Lick it off now! LOL

i really can't believe that you aren't getting the gist of this all. I'm not defending Russia, but i'm simply saying that there is no conclusive proof to accuse them either. 

My comments are more of an indictment of my lack of trust and faith in Western governments than anything about Russia or any other culture. So many false flags and propoganda have been pushed on us in the name of the great commie scare. Official history is indeed written by the elites but there are many more historians who have documented the world while the victors were pushing their agendas.

Seriously, my mission is to cast doubt on the official narrative, NOT claim any particular set of claims are correct. If you need a history lesson on false flags, Richard Dolan has done extensive research on the matter and created a university quality series titled False Flags. It's available on the Gaia network. Yes, it's a subscription site but i believe one can view a few episodes free or charge. He gets into all the history, false equivalencies, motivations etc. 

To be perfectly clear, this is food for thought, not the gospel according to dog LOL  

Also, my study of Russian language and culture has nothing to do with anything. I have equally studied US culture, British culture, French language and culture, Italian, Spanish and German languages and culture and have dabbled in dozens of other languages including Mandarin Chinese, Japanese, Finnish, Navajo and countless others. All it means is i have a firm grasp on their overarching historical developments not an insight into KGB tactics or clandestine mafia-esque illuminati.

Edited by siLLy puPPy - March 16 2018 at 13:32

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 14>