Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > Tech Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Modular synth madness

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davesax1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2018 at 04:31
To give you an idea of the complexity of the system - the Moog 3P, as used by Tangerine Dream, typically had 3-10 oscillators. Mine has 18 multi voice ones. I can output 48 simultaneous waveforms. The Moog could do 3-10.

One of the Moog oscillators could be switched into low mode to act as a low frequency oscillator. I've got about 8 LFO's in the system.

You'd have one or two filters in a Moog. I have something like 12. 

There were usually a couple of envelope generators in the Moog, I've got about 12 as well, plus slew limiters. 

A sequencer was an expensive optional extra in a Moog modular. I have 8 secondary ones, two master ones and two two channel backups. 

MACCLESFIELD ILLUMINATI
https://brotherhoodofthemachine.bandcamp.com/
Davesax1965 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davesax1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2018 at 04:53
Let's also factor in my brother's 18U of modular synth - this gives us 56U of modular synthesizers to jam with. There are also about ten analogue synths we can use and two modern string synthesizers. 

We're multi instrumentalists, so we also have an entire music shop full of guitars, basses, saxes, flutes and percussion. No drums, though. 

The idea is to do podcasts - basically set up live somewhere, just jam along (possibly with some local musicians, if we can find any) and then release the jam sessions on either CD or as a free download on Bandcamp. All planned for 2019, watch this outer space. 

MACCLESFIELD ILLUMINATI
https://brotherhoodofthemachine.bandcamp.com/
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic