Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWhen Trump fires Mueller

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Poll Question: What do you think will happen?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
2 [50.00%]
2 [50.00%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2018 at 17:54
I too live in WA state, south of Seattle....I too voted for Trump, at the time simply because I could not see Hillary as the 1st woman president of the USA. Her past precedes her and is not what I wanted as a reward for her family. Talking about her issues is beating a dead horse, that family is politically done.

I pretty much agree with all that @profpanglos wrote. It was the card we were dealt and I knew it was going to be a circus and the news media was going to have a field day (term) with him, it makes for great news bottom line, but its getting super old. So much that any good/positive that current administration is doing is not even being discussed.
I speak to people all over the world in my business, the over riding feeling is that the general US voter is a dumba$$. Not for voting in Trump, that has nothing to do with it.......Its because they tell me how can you honestly believe your voter was influenced by Russia? The US has the most respected voting process in the world, trustworthy and without question at the end of a voting process. 
They all believe social media has influence in all elections, but that the US voter is clearly more intelligent than only paying attention to Facebook. All the debates, fully televised live and interviews give you the information to make the best informed decision you can and now we are being told that the voter was influenced by Facebook posts??? This is nuts and the media is just throwing fuel on that fire and I don't understand why since they are making the US voter (all of us) look like nimrods to the world....We have the freedom to vote as we like, but I firmly believe the bulk of voters use better information that what is put on Facebook.
Obama publicly endorsed a candidate before the French election, proclaimed this was the best for the US and its relationship with France, I really have no issue with him doing that, all of them do it. But all of a sudden now it is a problem? Every country has/can/does meddle in elections, but to think that Russia infiltrated our votes and ballots is simply nuts.
We have heard enough politicians state there is no evidence of collusion also, again this stuff is getting old and really making the US look like a bunch of whinny a$$ cry-babies......

At this point I wish Trump well for the balance of his term and if he decides to run again, I'll pay attention, look at what he accomplished and listen to the other candidates, watch debates and make my decision again. 
The media is just trying to keep ratings up....

Cheers
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2018 at 17:58
I consider myself to be a Democrat on most social issues and generally disagree with the Republicans pretty much across the board on just about every major social issue. But I am for the most part fiscally conservative and like ProfPanglos, from a purely selfish standpoint, my taxes also will go down and this truly is the only item that personally intersects with my day-to-day life.  I find Trump to be an absolute buffoon and his personality to be a complete embarrassment to the office of the President of the United States of America.  It remains to be seen if his tax reform turns out to be a boon or a bust.  There is something to be said about kicking the can down the road so our children and grandchildren can fix our messes.  (given that I have neither this is another political position that does not personally intersect with my life personally).  Anyhow, I am all for civil conversations regarding this, and am also open to understanding both sides of the coin so to speak.
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2018 at 18:51
I can hear Phil Ochs penning a song called 'When Trump Fired Mueller'.  Where are the folk singers when you need 'em.
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2018 at 19:30
^Well....even Mitch McConnell...,who is as Republican and conservative as one can get, also thinks that would be a major mistake.

One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2018 at 07:24
I am currently listening to the Foo Fighters.  I had never heard of this Stefan Molyneux guy so I looked him up.  According to Wikipedia he gives new meaning to the name Foo Fighters.  :)
progaardvark View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2018 at 08:11
I would say that if Mueller was fired, it would cross a red line. Some would say the firing of Comey was that red line. Ultimately I don't see the Republicans doing anything about it, except for the few that aren't concerned about re-election might speak up. The Democrats will call for impeachment, but will have to wait for the 2018 elections to see if they gain enough seats to make this possible. The media will have a field day with a Mueller firing. Worst case scenario is a constitutional crisis. This is worse than Nixon's Watergate, significantly worse.

Taking this further into the future: If Putin interferes with the 2018 U.S. election, there is a good possibility that chaos will take over for a time. It's too hard to predict much more than that. I don't see any evidence that the Trump administration is preparing for Russian interference or preparing for anything else in general because he keeps firing people and the State Department is in shambles.

To comment on the several supporters of Trump on here, all I can say is I disagree with everything you have said. I think most of this disagreement boils down to what you and I regard as reliable sources of information and sometimes even down to what actual words mean and in what context they are used. 
----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2018 at 11:23
Laughable presumptions, particularly the idiots like Trump tweeting "No Collusion". Collusion as a term is not a federal charge, hence the infantile Trump bawls the word out like it means something. But it doesn't.

The words to use are "obstruction" and "conspiracy". Those are the words that got Nixon, as he was never charged for burglarizing the Watergate Hotel. And there's plenty of evidence to suggest Trump, his inbred family and his addled associates can all be charged. Mueller already has guilty pleas from 4 defendants, other cooperating witnesses, court dates for Manafort, and indictments of 13 Russian nationals and Russian organizations.

But you won't hear anything from Mueller until it happens. No leaks. Integrity. Unlike Trump's White House that has more leaks than a line of drunks at a urinal during a rock festival, and more tweets than a flock of crows with venereal disease. Chirpes. It's untweetable.
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2018 at 19:12
*spits beer on monitor*

what the hell did I miss

well... this thread sure seems it went nuclear.. and without my help. Time for a fresh beer and play catch up.
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2018 at 19:20
welcome back

Edited by siLLy puPPy - March 22 2018 at 19:26

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy
DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Avant/Cross/Neo/Post Teams

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2018 at 22:50
Some posts drenched in racism and related ones have been hidden. Thanks for your patience, for my sake. Embarrassed
npjnpj View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2018 at 01:44
Thank you, DamoXt7942. Much appreciated.
twseel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2018 at 04:10
My post is pending approval?? I voted green party! I have black friends! My time with the KKK was only for investigative purposes!
What a time to be alive...
Okay, I understand you wanna play it safe but presenting the general theory that freely mixing up people from all over the world will inevitably cause frustration is not an inherently racist thing to say, even if racists use the idea, that's not what makes them racist. Surely we can have a discussion about the viability of free immigration without labelling people?
Easy Money View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2018 at 07:24
^ Why would "mixing up people from all over the world" eventually cause frustration?    
npjnpj View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2018 at 08:03
Oh for heaven's sake, don't poke it!
twseel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2018 at 08:07
Originally posted by Easy Money Easy Money wrote:

^ Why would "mixing up people from all over the world" eventually cause frustration?    
Because of tribal instinct and conflicting traditions, the root of racism and oppression all over the world. I'm not arguing that it can't be overcome, I'm pretty pro-immigration myself, but the idea is not extreme right propaganda.
twseel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2018 at 08:08
Originally posted by npjnpj npjnpj wrote:

Oh for heaven's sake, don't poke it!
I literally voted Green-Left! I'm not your opponent!
npjnpj View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2018 at 08:09
There! See what you've done?
npjnpj View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2018 at 08:18
OK, perhaps I'm wrong. If so, I apologize, but grant me this opinion: from the dawn of time human history has consisted of mixing races. The problem is that the thousands of wars all over the globe were partially due to a conservative effort to preserve the status quo. That's what's on the verge of happening now.

To your posts; I, when reading them, have the impression that your arguments are on the line of: I'm no racist, but ....

If I'm wrong, I'm sorry, but that's the impression I get.
Easy Money View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2018 at 08:19
Originally posted by twseel twseel wrote:

Originally posted by Easy Money Easy Money wrote:

Because of tribal instinct and conflicting traditions, the root of racism and oppression all over the world. I'm not arguing that it can't be overcome, I'm pretty pro-immigration myself, but the idea is not extreme right propaganda.

This is actually alien to me, I work with families and schools that are predominantly African-American and immigrants from all over the world. People get in fights over parking spots, or "why is he a starter on the team and my kid's on the bench", or 'why isn't my child doing better" etc. Or kids get in fights over bullying situations, but in several decades of working like this I have never heard anyone complain about someone else's culture, never ever.

Who are these people who have "conflicting traditions", describe them to me, because I have never experienced this myself. I am aware there are xenophobes and racists in this world if that is what you are talking about.

Edited by Easy Money - March 23 2018 at 08:45
npjnpj View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2018 at 08:36
Well, there's the GOP.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>