Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Top 10s and lists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Most Disliked Song From Your Favorite Bands

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cstack3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2018 at 11:37
Originally posted by Cristi Cristi wrote:

Originally posted by cstack3 cstack3 wrote:

"Cadence and Cascade" by King Crimson works for me. 

you dislike it? What's wrong with it? 

I don't know, I just never cared for it one bit.  Also, I wanted to throw something in here to start the conversation.  

Hate is a pretty strong word, I usually reserve it for music by Justin Bieber. 
I am not a Robot, I'm a FREE MAN!!
Argos View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2018 at 12:00
Seamus - Pink Floyd
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2018 at 13:12
Originally posted by dr wu23 dr wu23 wrote:

ELP ....really like the first 4 albums but on Tarkus, Trilogy, and BSS never cared for the 'beer hall' tracks like R U Reddy Eddy, The Sheriff, and Benny the Bouncer.....

Beerhall? I never thought of that. I always referred to them as "goofy cowboy songs" although I suppose "are you ready Eddie" wouldn't qualify. 
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2018 at 16:11
spent a few minutes staring at the keyboard and polishing off the first beer of the evening.. and still no clue.  Can't honestly think of anything from my favorites I hate, or even really dislike.   
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Squonk19 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Squonk19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2018 at 16:23
Hate is too strong a word. I'm also struggling to find a track from my favourite bands that I even dislike. Even the least impressive songs I hardly ever play have something about them. Age mellows you.... I can even sing along with a Who tribute band doing Squeeze Box these days, and was even swaying along with my wife in the audience at a recent Classic Rock Show to a cover of Rosanna by Toto - FFS!

Edited by Squonk19 - March 22 2018 at 16:24
“Living in their pools, they soon forget about the sea.”
Cambus741 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambus741 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2018 at 17:22
Marillion - The Party
SquonkHunter View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SquonkHunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2018 at 21:15
Moody Blues - I'm Just a Singer in a Rock and Roll Band. Didn't like it then, still don't like it now.
"You never had the things you thought you should have had and you'll not get them now..."
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2018 at 02:02
Originally posted by Cambus741 Cambus741 wrote:

Marillion - The Party

I love this song. 

What's wrong with it?
I prophesy disaster View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote I prophesy disaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2018 at 05:10
Are You Ready Eddy? from Tarkus (ELP). I'm not offended by the subject matter. I just have a strong dislike for this track overall. Fortunately, it is the final track and I can simply eject the CD before it starts. I don't have a problem with Jeremy Bender or Benny The Bouncer from Brain Salad Surgery.

No, I know how to behave in the restaurant now, I don't tear at the meat with my hands. If I've become a man of the world somehow, that's not necessarily to say I'm a worldly man.
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2018 at 07:58
Originally posted by AFlowerKingCrimson AFlowerKingCrimson wrote:

Originally posted by dr wu23 dr wu23 wrote:

ELP ....really like the first 4 albums but on Tarkus, Trilogy, and BSS never cared for the 'beer hall' tracks like R U Reddy Eddy, The Sheriff, and Benny the Bouncer.....

Beerhall? I never thought of that. I always referred to them as "goofy cowboy songs" although I suppose "are you ready Eddie" wouldn't qualify. 

Yeah...I don't think 'beerhall' is the right term but  that's how I always thought of them...goofy sing along songs. To me they ruined the flow of those albums which is why to this day I prefer the first one....it had no silly songs like those.
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
The.Crimson.King View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The.Crimson.King Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2018 at 09:16
Genesis: F You F Me
Yes: Onward
King Crimson: Sleepless
Tull: Budapest
ELP: Taste of My Love
Zappa: Titties & Beer
Gentle Giant: I'm Turning Around

Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2018 at 09:20
funny, I like a lot of songs people mention here (roflmao)
Jeffro View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeffro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2018 at 09:53
Rush - either Rivendell and/or Out Of The Cradle

Although hate is too strong a word, I can't handle listening to either of those songs. 
We all live in an amber subdomain, amber subdomain, amber subdomain.

My face IS a maserati
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2018 at 10:26
Hate is indeed too, er, hateful. Dislike is what we really mean.

For example, I dislike most of Snakes & Arrows by Rush. I like the instrumentals, and "Far Cry" and one or two other songs, maybe. But that Rush album is the one I've spent less time with overall than all the others.

When Saga went into their pop phase (I refuse to call it pop-prog) right after recording five stellar albums, they got some dislike from me, too. 
ReactioninG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReactioninG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2018 at 10:28
Pink Floyd is my favorite band, so Seamus with them, but if I work my way down one or two bands I really, really hate the song "Illegal Alien" from Genesis' self-titled album. The accent and the music... and it's really pretty offensive.
Jeffro View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeffro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2018 at 10:59
Originally posted by verslibre verslibre wrote:

For example, I dislike most of Snakes & Arrows by Rush. I like the instrumentals, and "Far Cry" and one or two other songs, maybe. But that Rush album is the one I've spent less time with overall than all the others.

For me, it's Roll The Bones. Other than Dreamline, it's mostly 'eh whatever' for me
We all live in an amber subdomain, amber subdomain, amber subdomain.

My face IS a maserati
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2018 at 11:22
Yes-Don't Kill The Whale.  Dead
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
Blacksword View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blacksword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2018 at 11:23
Genesis - Illegal Alien.

Although they made me gag with Invisble Touch and Anthing she does too.
Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy!
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2018 at 11:54
I can't think of anything. Even the stuff that I consider quite bad I tend to get pleasure from. Weirdest, or most idiosyncratic, or least liked I guess I could do, but hated, no. There are albums by cherished bands that I'm not really into.
Just a fanboy passin' through.
Squonk19 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Squonk19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2018 at 13:47
Originally posted by Blacksword Blacksword wrote:

Genesis - Illegal Alien.

Although they made me gag with Invisble Touch and Anthing she does too.

I'm starting to warm to the thread more now that hate has been replaced with dislike. A lot of post-Hackett Genesis might fit here - such as the above. I'll add I Can't Dance and Jesus He Knows Me - if you can throw in the videos too!
“Living in their pools, they soon forget about the sea.”
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>