The Motorsport Thread 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Vompatti View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vompatti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Motorsport Thread 2018
    Posted: July 28 2019 at 09:54
Good one today k
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JJLehto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2019 at 12:42
Yikes guess this thread finally has died :( 

Well, another win for Hami. Im hoping this can be a more balanced year, though idk if Bottas is capable of challenging him for a whole season, nor do I think Ferrari will be much of a threat. 

Looking forward to Long Beach!!
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JJLehto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2019 at 13:50
WOW. 
What an utterly s**t race for Power. Lead every lap and totally dominant, like everything set up for a cruise to win (the yellow did make things interesting) and to have the car break on the pit stop. Just wow. 
They kept talking about how he maybe should've pitted already to avoid getting caught by a potential yellow, like what happened, just what could've been. 

Pretty crap for Rossi too, who was so clearly set for 2nd and got screwed big by that yellow. It always seemed very unfair to me how that can happen, I mean its part of it I know but its pure out of your hands luck, Power was griping about it. I suppose Dixon got kinda screwed too, overcame a meh car to get into I think a top 5 finish coming. Yeah kinda messed up a totally random yellow can mess things up. 

Ah well, awesome for Colton Herta! Win at 18 years old. Wow. 
Great podium with Newgarden and RHR
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JJLehto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2019 at 12:54
Wow. Apologies for the mega absence. Life getting in the way of important things like the internet! 

Way too much to possibly catch up on. 
First, congrats to Lewis on another title. 
Funny, way early on in his career I remember saying, probably here!, I bet that guy will end up being the one to rival Schumacher's title record, and possibly his win and some other ones. I thought he'd be in a career rivalry against Alonso for it, or possibly Vettel. 

Damn shame what happened to Alonso, back half of his career wasted, one of the top talents (I still maintain the best actual driver) of the era just squandered. BUT, seems 10 years later I was indeed right on Lewis. 5 titles! 73 wins. Wow, and I dont think Merc is gunna fall off any time soon. I think he may actually do it. 

Agreed with Alonso, so epic he got LeMans and he deff needs to get to Indy, even if not full time at least the 500. He may be able to do so without running full time, didn't he lead some laps and was running strong before the car failed? 
He also snuck in a 24 hours of Daytona win :)

Really intrigued to see how Leclerc will run with Ferrari, and WTF!? Ricciardo leaving to go to Renault? Crazy days, I cant see how that wont be a detrimental for him. Good luck to Gasly, personally I'd have liked to see Ocon get it, he's really impressed me. 

Congrats to Dixon on a 5th Indy title! Putting him second all time (all series) for American Open WheelClap
And certainly the most successful of modern American Open Wheel. (Not the most dominant I'd say that goes to Dario)
Glad to see some Americans continuing to find success. Hoping to see Rossi be a big name going forward. 
MillsLayne View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MillsLayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2018 at 16:35
I can't believe no one is talking about Alonso conquering the second leg of the Triple Crown over the weekend, as "easy" as it might have come.  Now, he needs to come back to IndyCar full time and conquer Indy.  
noni View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2018 at 00:36
Originally posted by MillsLayne MillsLayne wrote:

^Like Ricciardo.  Could you imagine the fight he could give Seb, if the team allowed it?  It would make F1 interesting again.

Scott Dixon takes a pretty dominating win last night at Texas and takes the points lead over Alexander Rossi and Will Power, who had issues and dropped to third.  I'm still hoping Rossi can keep his consistency going and take the title fight to Sonoma when I go. Tongue

Red Bull need to focus on Daniel and not Max here!!....  Too many mistakes by Max and Daniel has been the loyal supporter here offering the best chance!!,   wake up Red Bull!!...................................Confused

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MillsLayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2018 at 19:31
^Like Ricciardo.  Could you imagine the fight he could give Seb, if the team allowed it?  It would make F1 interesting again.

Scott Dixon takes a pretty dominating win last night at Texas and takes the points lead over Alexander Rossi and Will Power, who had issues and dropped to third.  I'm still hoping Rossi can keep his consistency going and take the title fight to Sonoma when I go. Tongue
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JJLehto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2018 at 17:16
Doh! Cant believe I forgot to post here. I was travelling at the time. 

Belated congrats to Ricciardo! Redemption served! 

Congrats to Seb for his Canada win! 
Takes a, razor thin, lead for the title again. THIS is what Im talking about, real competition. 

Unlike Kimi....hurts to say from your biggest fan since 2003, time to hang it up Iceman. Unless Seb is that superior with a car that is beneath him (which is possible) he just isn't hanging at all. Kinda sad, someone else could be there.
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2018 at 14:35
^ Monaco is so iconic but I don't remember ever seeing one on TV that was not a procession. The first one I watched was in 1975 on ABC's Wide World of Sports (I think). It was run in the rain with Lauda winning. The rain added a lot of excitement and going through that tunnel! Wow!
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
noni View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2018 at 09:30
Originally posted by Vompatti Vompatti wrote:

Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

Pretty boring race tbh.
Confused It's Monaco. What did you expect?
Well there wasn't even one proper safety car and despite the new tyre everyone in the front only stopped once.

The problem with this race that everyone was saving their tyres.   This is not racing.  Though I am glad that Daniel won though!!...Smile
Vompatti View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vompatti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2018 at 04:14
Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

Pretty boring race tbh.
Well there wasn't even one proper safety car and despite the new tyre everyone in the front only stopped once.
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2018 at 03:57

Pretty boring race tbh.
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2018 at 03:55
Good win by Power. I've come to like him more now that he's not running over the top of everyone to get to first. He's become a cool, calculating and  fast driver, IMHO. Congrats to Daniel for the obvious reasons. I turned off the World 600. Too boring to watch after seeing Monaco I'm afraid. LOL
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MillsLayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2018 at 20:19
Originally posted by Man With Hat Man With Hat wrote:

600 was a snoozefest. 

glad kyle held on though 

Trust me, I was nervous as hell those last few laps.  No way did I think he'd be able to dominate literally all night long like that.
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2018 at 01:28
600 was a snoozefest. 

glad kyle held on though 
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MillsLayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2018 at 18:51
Even though Indy was a little different today, I enjoyed the hell out of it.  And Rossi revealed how big his balls were today, too.
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2018 at 14:08
Congrats to Power! Always liked the guy, glad he was able to be in the right position there at the end. 

Great reaction in victory lane too 
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JJLehto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2018 at 13:11
And now the Indy 500. Power currently leads. I hope Alex Rossi can manage to pull it off
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JJLehto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2018 at 13:02
Well, redemption served. Congrats Daniel!
noni View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2018 at 12:51

Pretty boring race tbh.

It was, but what a great win by Daniel  Ricciardo,  well deserved IMO  Smile

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>