Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A Few Ayreon Songs

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: Which of these Ayreon songs is your favorite?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
0 [0.00%]
4 [30.77%]
1 [7.69%]
0 [0.00%]
2 [15.38%]
1 [7.69%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [7.69%]
1 [7.69%]
2 [15.38%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [7.69%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mystic Mamba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A Few Ayreon Songs
    Posted: April 17 2018 at 13:03
Over the weekend, I got to watch the new Ayreon live album "Ayreon Universe" and was very impressed with the quality performances from all the various singers and players! So, I have picked a nice handful of the most "epic" Ayreon songs to battle it out in this poll. My vote goes to Amazing Flight, I love the way it transitions from the main song into the incredible second half!
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2018 at 13:50
Isolation 
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2018 at 15:59
Cosmic Fusion.
Upbeat Tango Monday View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Upbeat Tango Monday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2018 at 13:35
Isis and Osiris might be their best song.
Into the Electric Castle and The Human Equation are my favorite Ayreon albums, but I consider it a rather mediocre band.
Two random guys agreed to shake hands. Just Because. They felt like it, you know. It was an agreement of sorts...a random agreement.
axeman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote axeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2018 at 21:59
I'm going to create a playlist from this list, and return with a vote. 

None of those are My House on Mars, or the Temple of the Cat, or The Shooting Company Of Captain Frans B. Cocq which is all it Spotify seems to choose on shuffle, even given probably the entire catalog of Ayreon. Although I've listened to his entire catalog, but I can't remember anything except the songs it keeps bringing up. 
-John
zachfive View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zachfive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2018 at 13:30
Out of those listed I went with The Sixth Extinction. I love the way all the vocalist get a moment and then all return at the very end. Would be very difficult to choose a best song from his entire catalogue, but if I were to have to choose right now I'd probably go with Another Time Another Space. I love the melody and the last verse sung by Damian Wilson is probably my favorite Ayreon moment of all time.
progaardvark View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote progaardvark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2024 at 10:19
Isis and Osiris. I've watched many movies about bees and have never seen them use a toilet.
----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
Hrychu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hrychu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2024 at 10:41
Originally posted by progaardvark progaardvark wrote:

Isis and Osiris. I've watched many movies about bees and have never seen them use a toilet.
Please, disable the WYSiWYG editor cause random gibberish appears at the end of your posts. ;)
Bez pierdolenia sygnał zerwie, to w realia wychodź w hełmie!
progaardvark View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote progaardvark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2024 at 10:45
Originally posted by Hrychu Hrychu wrote:

Originally posted by progaardvark progaardvark wrote:

Please, disable the WYSiWYG editor cause random gibberish appears at the end of your posts. ;)

LOL I've been wondering about that for awhile now. Thanks! My dog has been speaking to mathematicians about the beards that are growing on my walls.
----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
MikeEnRegalia View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeEnRegalia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2024 at 23:54
Originally posted by Upbeat Tango Monday Upbeat Tango Monday wrote:

Isis and Osiris might be their best song.
Into the Electric Castle and The Human Equation are my favorite Ayreon albums, but I consider it a rather mediocre band.

Ok … can you name bands that play similar music, but are much better than Ayreon?
essexboyinwales View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essexboyinwales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2024 at 14:49
Cosmic Fusion, although Amazing Flight is close behind. Great “band”😎
Heaven is waiting but waiting is Hell
 Post Reply Post Reply