Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General Polls
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Friends vs Two and A Half Men vs Big Bang Theory
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Friends vs Two and A Half Men vs Big Bang Theory

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Poll Question: Which of these sit-com is funniest
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
11 [47.83%]
3 [13.04%]
9 [39.13%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Friends vs Two and A Half Men vs Big Bang Theory
    Posted: April 22 2018 at 09:46
Which is most  

Edited by Icarium - April 22 2018 at 10:09
Vompatti View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vompatti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2018 at 09:54
None of them is funny, but Friends has some minor nostalgic value.
twseel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twseel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2018 at 12:51
I wouldn't choose to watch any of them these days but I used to watch 2.5 Men when I was around 12 and I didn't get the sex jokes, but I probably liked it more because of that.
Friends is still an all-round classier show though so it gets my vote.
Polymorphia View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Polymorphia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2018 at 12:57
Don't like Big Bang Theory, haven't seen Two and A Half Men, and Friends has its problems but is somewhat enjoyable sometimes.
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2018 at 18:24
Friends over BBT.
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
progaardvark View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progaardvark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2018 at 06:19
I gave Big Bang Theory a slight edge over Friends, though BBT hasn't been that funny for years now, but was great the first six or seven seasons.

I think The Middle and The Office are funnier than these three choices.
----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
BaldJean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldJean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2018 at 09:22
neither. not my kind of humor anymore. superficial one-liners without any real depth

A shot of me as High Priestess of Gaia during our fall festival. Ceterum censeo principiis obsta
dwill123 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwill123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2018 at 16:45
'Big Bang Theory' worst TV show in the history of television.
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2018 at 20:38
No..that would be Modern Family.

;)
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2018 at 20:39
Originally posted by BaldJean BaldJean wrote:

neither. not my kind of humor anymore. superficial one-liners without any real depth

You just described most comedy shows  on television.

;)

Edited by dr wu23 - April 23 2018 at 20:40
Haquin
BaldJean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldJean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2018 at 21:12
Originally posted by dr wu23 dr wu23 wrote:

Originally posted by BaldJean BaldJean wrote:

You just described most comedy shows  on television. ;)

that's why I love the late German TV-comedian Vicco von Bülow, better known under his pen name Loriot. his sketches are masterpieces in which every little detail is important and are often about communication failure, especially between men and women, and people trying to keep their dignity in totally undignified situations and of course failing. many phrases from his sketches have entered German everyday speech, like for example "da hast du was Eigenes" ("you have something of your own there"). he is in my opinion unsurpassed. many of his sketches feature Evelyn Hamann, who is congenial.

here a sketch that is understandable even if you don't speak German. a boss wants to get amorous with his secretary on the day of her 15th anniversary as his secretary:

A shot of me as High Priestess of Gaia during our fall festival. Ceterum censeo principiis obsta
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2018 at 21:40
I didn't think Germans had a sense of humor...?

;)
Haquin
BaldJean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldJean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2018 at 06:12
Originally posted by dr wu23 dr wu23 wrote:

I didn't think Germans had a sense of humor...?

;)

that is one of the biggest false stereotypes about Germans. when I came to Germany in 1993 (I am originally from Oakland, CA) I believed in it too and was extremely surprised that this is not the case at all. German humor is definitely different from US humor though.

Helge Schneider, one of the very best German comedians, is absolutely inconceivable in the USA; his humor relies a lot on the finer points of the German language, and his total mix of styles is absolutely incomparable to anyone else, even in Germany. plus Helge Schneider is an excellent musician who plays dozens of instruments (he mixes humor and music in his live acts): piano (he was awarded the title of best German jazz pianist once), and he is excellent on cello (he won a classical cello competition once), vibraphone and saxophone, and he plays trumpet, organ, ukulele, guitar, bass, clarinet and other instruments as well. his humor is completely improvised, which is why he mostly does live shows. al his shows are complete improvisations (of course the band rehearsed the songs, but when they are played and everything he speaks in between is completely improvised).

on the other end of the scale is the late Vicco von Bülow, better known under his pen name Loriot. he is widely considered to be the greatest German comedian ever and is best known for a six-part TV-series of sketches, with each episode being 45 minutes long. the sketches from this series are absolute classics and included acted sketches, mostly with the congenially funny Evelyn Hamann, but also with other actors, and also of cartoons which he drew himself. many phrases from these sketches and cartoons have become part of everyday German, like for example the phrase "da hast du was Eigenes"  ("you have something of your own there"). Loriot's sketches are planned to the smallest detail. he is known for having dozens dozens of takes for his sketches before he was finally satisfied with them.

here the last and allegedly final concert of Helge Schneider (he has given several "last concerts" before though and has so far always returned after a lengthy pause). his jokes will be lost for those who don't speak German, and he also does lots of parodies of artists that are well known in Germany that you probably don't know at all (for example Howard Carpendale, Udo Lindenberg or Peter Maffay; in this specific video he parodies Howard Carpendale at one point) but you can hear what a great musician he is

Edited by BaldJean - May 02 2018 at 14:27

BaldJean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldJean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2018 at 06:37
here another classic of German comedy: Hape Kerkeling in disguise doing an alleged performance of modern classical music by a Polish composer in front of an audience that have no idea they are taken for a ride (they obviously don't recognize him in his disguise and bona fide believe they are experiencing modern classical music until the very end when Kerkeling sings the title song of his own TV-show). Kerkeling speaks with a false Polish accent, and the pianist as well. the laughter in this video is from the audience of Kerkeling's show in which this video was played.

the funniest thing about this sketch is that the audience is trying to make sense out of this performance and give their interpretation of it, including the absolutely nonsensical exclamation "Hurz"! this is again only fully understandable for those who speak German, but for those who do this is totally hilarious. the first few seconds of this video don't belong to the sketch:

Edited by BaldJean - April 24 2018 at 06:51

Blacksword View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blacksword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2018 at 02:12
Originally posted by Vompatti Vompatti wrote:

My feelings exactly.

Two and a half men is abysmal, and I just can't cope with the stupid voices of the characters, and the manic pace of the "comedy" in the BBT.
Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy!
Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2018 at 11:56
Originally posted by Blacksword Blacksword wrote:

My feelings exactly.

Two and a half men is abysmal, and I just can't cope with the stupid voices of the characters, and the manic pace of the "comedy" in the BBT.

Yup. The big selling point on BBT is "all the science is real". All the science is real on Nova as well and is way more entertaining. BBT is a laughtrack dependent comedy vacuum.
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2018 at 13:49
Analysis is often overrated........all I know is that after a lifetime of watching tv comedies of all kinds ...Friends never really made me laugh .....Two and a Half Men was usually only gratuitous sexual humor......but Big Bang often makes me laugh out loud on a number of different issues. 
Maybe I'm just getting too old.

;)
Haquin
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2018 at 12:40
Big Bang Theory rules!!......some of you need to loosen up! LOL

Related image

Edited by Catcher10 - May 31 2018 at 12:41
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2018 at 12:41
Stoopid f***ing captcha!!
noni View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2018 at 13:00

I agree..  Friends had more value, plus viewable.  The others are a waste of time.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>