Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General Polls
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Friends vs Two and A Half Men vs Big Bang Theory
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Friends vs Two and A Half Men vs Big Bang Theory

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Poll Question: Which of these sit-com is funniest
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
11 [47.83%]
3 [13.04%]
9 [39.13%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2018 at 16:06
Prog has made you all....grumpy old men.
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2018 at 18:26
Grumpy Old Friends
Two and a Half Grumpy Old Men
Grumpy Old Men Theory

:)
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2018 at 19:07
Fan of all three especially Friends and BBT. I voted for BBT though since it's probably my favorite show of all time. 
Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2018 at 20:31
Originally posted by dr wu23 dr wu23 wrote:

...Grumpy Old Men Theory

:)

I believe you are thinking of the 'No Bang Theory'.
CPicard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CPicard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2018 at 04:54
There's a lot of things wrong with Friends (some uncanny plots led by the out-of-normal-social-reactions from the protagonists), but I can deal with that - maybe the appeal of nostalgia, like some wrote higher.
I can't deal with The Big Bang Theory: it looks like the That 70's Show, but with lame jokes about geeks and nerds... At least, what the show thinks that geeks and nerds are.
Oh, and That 70's Show had Laura prepon it its cast.

I won't talk about Two & a Half Men, it's not nice to pick on disabled shows.
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2018 at 09:16
[Oh, and That 70's Show had Laura prepon it its cast.]

Yeah? So? BBT has Kaley Cuoco who is even hotter. 

Two and a half men was kind of lame in some ways but I can think of worse shows. I think the show two broke girls from a few years ago which was finally cancelled after someone came to their senses was way worse.
Mirror Image View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mirror Image Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2018 at 09:19
I love Two and a Half Men so I voted for it. Friends and Big Bang Theory are pretty good, too, but not favorites.

Edited by Mirror Image - June 02 2018 at 10:20
“Music is enough for a lifetime but a lifetime is not enough for music.” - Sergei Rachmaninov
irrelevant View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irrelevant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2018 at 10:07
Big Bang Theory has too many annoying characters. 
I've never connected with Friends in any way as a comedy. 
Two and a Half Men is OK, and at least doesn't try to be anything other than trashy.

I'll admit I can get the occasional laugh from BBT and TaaHM, but TaaHM is less annoying, so I'll go with that.  
CPicard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CPicard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2018 at 11:25
Originally posted by AFlowerKingCrimson AFlowerKingCrimson wrote:

[Oh, and That 70's Show had Laura prepon it its cast.]

Yeah? So? BBT has Kaley Cuoco who is even hotter.

Maybe, but Laure Prepon was then a REDHEAD and, for one episode, she wore a CATHOLIC SCHOOLGIRL UNIFORM.

You can't beat that - especially if you keep in mind Zappa's vivid lyrics about catholic girls...

Originally posted by AFlowerKingCrimson AFlowerKingCrimson wrote:

Two and a half men was kind of lame in some ways but I can think of worse shows. I think the show two broke girls from a few years ago which was finally cancelled after someone came to their senses was way worse.

Oh, yeah, I saw that show (for some reason, some one in France thought it was a good idea to broadcast it): not only I found the dialogues needlessly vulgar, but I was also disturbed by the treatment of the Asian boss of the 2 girls (borderline racist, with a few hints of homophobia).
Cosmiclawnmower View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cosmiclawnmower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2018 at 15:24
The only American TV show that ive seen in recent years (and that's not that recent as I rarely watch TV) and found funny was 'Parks and Recreation' and I really enjoyed that. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12