Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2018 NFL Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2018 at 15:23
Originally posted by Argo2112 Argo2112 wrote:

[QUOTE=Man With Hat]
Time for the giants to embarrass themselves again in front of a national audience! Hopefully the poor atlanta defense will help this game not get totally out of control.

/QUOTE]

I'm at the point with the Giants were I just want them to lose to get a good draft pick. Time to rebuild. 

Up date, on a related note I just heard Eli Apple has been traded to the Saints. Let the deconstruktion begin!

I think you'll get your wish. :p

and hey! I didn't realize that. good to hear. Apple was a wiff and a stretch to pick as high as they did. Getting a 4th and a 7th for a meh at best player is pretty good. More transactions ahead?
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2018 at 21:03
^ and somehow they got less for Snacks?! 

I cant imagine this team winning more than 2 games so I think you'll get your wish. 
AEProgman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AEProgman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2018 at 08:46
Steelers making it dramatic again as usual this year, look great one week, then shoot themselves in the foot the next two.... and the dreaded Ravens are right behind.  Pats and Chiefs seem to be the AFC class, although the Chargers vs Chiefs upcoming game may change seeding.

Seahawks are beginning to roll again.  Rams and Saints though both look tough to beat in the NFC.

Edit:  Redskins QBs down to #3 as another broken leg takes out McCoy last night.  In comes Sanchez and he has a Butt fumble recovery LOL

Edited by AEProgman - December 04 2018 at 08:49
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2018 at 15:28
thank god my opponents in fantasy football didn't have Henry on their teams for this week! 

Collaborator
Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2018 at 15:30
Originally posted by AEProgman AEProgman wrote:

Steelers making it dramatic again as usual this year, look great one week, then shoot themselves in the foot the next two.... and the dreaded Ravens are right behind.  Pats and Chiefs seem to be the AFC class, although the Chargers vs Chiefs upcoming game may change seeding.

Seahawks are beginning to roll again.  Rams and Saints though both look tough to beat in the NFC.

Edit:  Redskins QBs down to #3 as another broken leg takes out McCoy last night.  In comes Sanchez and he has a Butt fumble recovery LOL

Sanchez has certainly come full circle with bums. 

and yeah...Seahawks are basically a lock to make the playoffs imo. Great comeback by my #2 team in LA. Sadly, I'm sure they will blow in against the Cheifs next Thursday. :( 
AEProgman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AEProgman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2018 at 07:29
What the F-bomb going on with Tomlin and the drama queen Ben and @#@#$%&#^%# Steelers!  Now with Pats next, then the Saints at the dome and Ravens 1/2 game back, there is a good chance they will not make the playoffs at all.  Tomlin's terrible clock management and lack of prep is pretty evident.  Ben pretends to be hurt and does not come in until 5 minutes left in the game, blah, blah, blah.....  AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHGHH!!

I feel better now...

Yes, Chiefs and Chargers on Thursday should be a good one, sort of pulling for Chargers.  Seattle is looking to be the 5th seed after win over Vikings last night.  Dreaded Ravens are playing an interesting style of ball with a mostly running QB, but appears to be effective for now.
omphaloskepsis View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omphaloskepsis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2018 at 09:07
The NFC path to the Super Bowl passes through New Orleans.
 What's up with Goff since the Ram's bye week? 

Outside of Saints and Rams,  which  NFC team enters the playoffs with a hottest hand? Which team does New Orleans not want to face?  Seattle? Dallas?Wink 

AFC -Chiefs look extremely tough.  I never count N.E. out.   Chargers and Texans seem dangerous.  Meanwhile Ravens and Steelers stumble down final stretch, bequeathing Central to...da Browns.Ouch

Edited by omphaloskepsis - December 11 2018 at 18:19
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2018 at 16:58

What the F-bomb going on with Tomlin and the drama queen Ben and @#@#$%&#^%# Steelers!  Now with Pats next, then the Saints at the dome and Ravens 1/2 game back, there is a good chance they will not make the playoffs at all.  Tomlin's terrible clock management and lack of prep is pretty evident.  Ben pretends to be hurt and does not come in until 5 minutes left in the game, blah, blah, blah.....  AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHGHH!!

I feel better now...

Yes, Chiefs and Chargers on Thursday should be a good one, sort of pulling for Chargers.  Seattle is looking to be the 5th seed after win over Vikings last night.  Dreaded Ravens are playing an interesting style of ball with a mostly running QB, but appears to be effective for now.

Yeah...weirdness all around in the Burg. Ben's played hurt so many times I can't believe he wouldn't play until absolute crunch time. I think they'll still make the playoffs, even if its as a wildcard team. How do they compar tiebeaker wise with the Colts and whoever else is still sniffing around in the hunt?

I think think the Vikes  will keep control of that 6th seed, but that's really the only seed of interest in the nfc.
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2018 at 14:30
Good for LA for proving me wrong. 
omphaloskepsis View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omphaloskepsis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2018 at 16:59
Originally posted by Man With Hat Man With Hat wrote:

On any given Sunday.Wink
AEProgman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AEProgman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2018 at 07:43
Well Steelers laid a turd on themselves again.  They just can't close a game this year without shooting their foot and letting it slip away.  Now they have to win and hope the Browns can beat the Ravens to get in playoffs.  They really don't deserve to go.

Wow, Patriots still have a shot a #1 seed, but need help.  With a win they at least get #2 seed.  Amazing all these years.

The playoff picture is wide open, almost any of them that are in would not surprise me to make it to the Super Bowl, especially in the AFC.

NFC, Saints most likely should make it with home field throughout.  Philly still hanging on by a thread.

Guess... Saints vs Chargers in the Bowl.
Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2018 at 08:15
Great great win for the Seahawks, probably their best game of the season, Wilson to Lockett & Baldwin is looking great & the running game is working.

Always good to see the Steelers choke away a win & drop out of the play-off picture, come on Ravens!
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2018 at 16:01

and they of course choke big time vs Baltimore
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2018 at 16:04

Well Steelers laid a turd on themselves again.  They just can't close a game this year without shooting their foot and letting it slip away.  Now they have to win and hope the Browns can beat the Ravens to get in playoffs.  They really don't deserve to go.

Wow, Patriots still have a shot a #1 seed, but need help.  With a win they at least get #2 seed.  Amazing all these years.

The playoff picture is wide open, almost any of them that are in would not surprise me to make it to the Super Bowl, especially in the AFC.

NFC, Saints most likely should make it with home field throughout.  Philly still hanging on by a thread.

Guess... Saints vs Chargers in the Bowl.

Yeah...AFC seems to be leveling off to mediocrity pretty well. Assuming Indy gets the final spot, really any of the teams can make it. NFC I still believe in the Saints and Rams...but hawks will be the toughest out remaining (don't trust chi-town offensively and away from home). Should be fun with all this ambiguity.

Obviously I hope it is saints vs chargers. lol
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2018 at 00:38
Can't believe two teams came out of that clusterf**k of burning hornets nests that is the nfc least. 

Saturday is looking great...less excited for sunday, but hopefully the bolts can avenge their beatdown two weeks ago. 
AEProgman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AEProgman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2018 at 06:44
Yeah, they barely deserved one team getting in, hopefully the Hawks can wipe out Jerry and company.  Rooting for the Bolts to take down the Ravens and their wishbone offense.  

My TV is relieved the Steelers did not get in as I will not have to continue to throw things at it during one of their games... LOL.  They barely beat the hapless Bengals on the last game of the season.  Another year of wasted talent on offense.

Collaborator
Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2018 at 14:03

Yeah, they barely deserved one team getting in, hopefully the Hawks can wipe out Jerry and company.  Rooting for the Bolts to take down the Ravens and their wishbone offense.  

My TV is relieved the Steelers did not get in as I will not have to continue to throw things at it during one of their games... LOL.  They barely beat the hapless Bengals on the last game of the season.  Another year of wasted talent on offense.

Agreed about balitmore. As for PIT, how much do you think the Bell situation f**ked the season from the beginning?
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2018 at 14:04
Also...

8 head coaching vacancies for the new year. Quite surprised Arizona only gave one year to Wilks and that the bungles finally wised up and parted ways with Lewis. 
MrMHead View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2018 at 16:01

Also...

8 head coaching vacancies for the new year. Quite surprised Arizona only gave one year to Wilks and that the bungles finally wised up and parted ways with Lewis. 

I sure hope CLE sticks with what they have.  We really don't need another "rebuilding" year at the coaching level.

No Civilization here. Tried it on but it would not fit.
Seems only a thin veneer. A little rubbing and it comes off quick.
- The Bears
AEProgman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AEProgman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2019 at 06:54

Agreed about balitmore. As for PIT, how much do you think the Bell situation f**ked the season from the beginning?

I think Bell being out maybe cost a game or two.  They lost leads late in games a number of times and he may have been able help sustain some drives to run some clock out since the defense could not make enough stops (I think the D coordinator will be let go).  But the whole atmosphere around the team is just too much drama.  Latest news is that A. Brown threw a ball at Ben and stormed off practice and did not return, he did not play Sunday as the team reported a knee injury, but it is believed to be disciplinary action.  It goes on and on, Steelers soap opera.

Yeah, the Cardinals coach let go after 1 season?  Not much of a chance...curious.  The Browns have a tough decision about their coach, they seem on the verge of becoming a good team...will they screw it up again? LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>