Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
16 [64.00%]
9 [36.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Meddle/Atom Heart Mother vs Quadrophenia/Tommy
    Posted: April 27 2018 at 10:09
The Who and Pink Floyds most exieting moments which do you like the most.

Edited by Icarium - April 27 2018 at 10:09
Vompatti View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vompatti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2018 at 10:16
Floyd.
Walkscore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walkscore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2018 at 19:49
Love those Who concept albums, but the Floyd you chose are some of the best ever
Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2018 at 22:33
I am also really big Who-fan and those albums are one of their best, but there aren´t many albums that can beat Atom Heart Mother. Also almost full Meddle is excellent. So it´s Floyd.
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2018 at 00:50
Pink Floyd by far
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2018 at 01:45
Not a fair fight. Floyd all the way and that is coming from a rather big Who fan.
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2018 at 23:56
I am profoundly shocked by the fact that there are so few docus about the Who. There are no "Making of Tommy" or "Whos really The Who".
I believe the Who to be one of the quintessential brittish invasion groups. Along side The Beatles, the Rolling Stones and the Kinks they shaped a fundament for rock to move away from, into countless directions. Three of those directions 'heavy metal' 'prog rock' and 'punk' was present and alive inside the perameters of the Whos natural sound and band philosophy.

My respect for the writing mind of Pete Townsend is evergrowing. To me hes among topo 10 rock conceptualists. He helped to forge the storytelling aspect of rock music, hes a rock'n'roll bard.

Edited by Icarium - April 30 2018 at 23:58
Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2018 at 00:17
I have watched document about making Tommy...also making Quadrophenia.
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2018 at 01:11
Are there links
Frenetic Zetetic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frenetic Zetetic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2018 at 02:08
Meddle/AHM

"I am so prog, I listen to concept albums on shuffle." -KMac2021
someone_else View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote someone_else Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2018 at 02:24
Floyd. If these two PF albums were paired against Quadrophenia/Who's Next this one would be incredibly tough and I might even have picked The Who then.

Meddle > Quadrophenia > AHM >> Tommy

Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2018 at 03:58
Originally posted by Icarium Icarium wrote:

Are there links
Here´s an ad in youtube about Tommy document. They both came from Finnish television:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6o596qXRP90
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2018 at 11:43
 I enjoy Meddle...but I think Atom Heart is hit or miss and a little weak in places......but for me pound for pound The Who albums have more meat on the bone. 
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2018 at 12:07
The Who today.
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2018 at 14:03
Originally posted by dr wu23 dr wu23 wrote:

I enjoy Meddle...but I think Atom Heart is hit or miss and a little weak in places......but for me pound for pound The Who albums have more meat on the bone. 

Agreed. I think Atom Heart is fairly sub-par, certainly not on the same level as Floyd's later releases. The Who albums are far superior.
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
Argo2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argo2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2018 at 14:37
If it were different albums I might say Floyd but for these, The Who
Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2018 at 02:17
To me Atom Heart Mother is the greatest Floyd album. Also one of the greatest albums in the world. Some years ago I think If is little weaker than other songs in it, but really have loved recent years also it´s minimalism.
iancat87 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iancat87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2018 at 10:04
This is a weird debate because Meddle and AHM aren't concept albums like Tommy and Quadrophenia. I adore those Who albums, particularly Quadrophenia, but comparing them against these Floyd albums is difficult because I don't see them on the same footing.

Plus, it's hard to compare four very different albums in this way. I would take Meddle and Quadrophenia over AHM and Tommy, to be honest. Even then, it's not really fair. AHM is more of a transition album, whereas the other three are fully formed records.
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2018 at 13:36
^I agree ...it is an odd set of records to compare...but that seems to be the trend lately.
;)
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2018 at 03:16
This world is unfair and very odd place. And you don´t always have to participate into these polls, if you feel yourself uncomfortable.

I am agreeing these are Floyd´s and the Who´s most excited moments although the Who Sell Out is my biggest favourite from the Who.
 Post Reply Post Reply