Poll Question: Which is yr favourite
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
13 [54.17%]
11 [45.83%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who´s Next vs Led Zeppelin IV
    Posted: April 28 2018 at 22:45
There was Led Zeppelin vs the Who poll that Zeppelin won. How it is with those great albums from 1971? I choose Who´s next.
dwill123 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwill123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2018 at 08:39
It's "Who´s Next" for me.
Jeffro View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeffro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2018 at 05:29
Who's Next, definitely
someone_else View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote someone_else Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2018 at 09:00
No contest. Next.
Argo2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argo2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2018 at 09:05
Who's Next  - Hands down winner.
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2018 at 11:43
Two of my all time favorite albums.....they would both be on my list of top 20 classic rock albums.
This time around I'm going for Zep....it has 2 of my favorite 'mystical' Zep songs in 4 Sticks and Evermore.
And it has Levee....no need to mention that 'other song' which has been overplayed,  but then so has many other classic rock songs.....like Won't Get Fooled Again.

As a funny(interesting) side note....there is a short 2 minute interview of Townsend commenting on Zep on You Tube where he says that he never really liked what Zep was doing but he admits that Zep were bigger/more successful than the Who in their chosen field of rock music.
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2018 at 12:13
Quite surprised at the moment Who´s Next got so much more votes than Zep IV. Always thought prog fans prefer Zeppelin over the Who (that was also that band poll result).
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2018 at 13:21
^ A bit surprising....far more people I know that collect music are into Zep over the Who though they are Who fans also.
Haquin
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2018 at 16:59
Next by a small margin... Not a fan of Zoso's flipside
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2018 at 01:45
led zeppelin
someone_else View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote someone_else Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2018 at 02:26
Originally posted by Sean Trane Sean Trane wrote:

Next by a small margin... Not a fan of Zoso's flipside

Exactly. The Battle of Evermore and Stairway are great and the other two songs on side 1 are at least OK, but Zoso's flipside leaves me totally cold.

Edited by someone_else - May 01 2018 at 02:27
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2018 at 06:46
Led Zeppelin IV always meant more to me growing up. Objectively, I would say Who's Next is perhaps one of the ten greatest rock albums of all time. But I listen to LZ IV more often.
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2018 at 12:05
^I play Zep more than The Who also.............and I don't think there's a bad song on Zep iv.
Haquin
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2018 at 13:38
Originally posted by dr wu23 dr wu23 wrote:

^I play Zep more than The Who also.............and I don't think there's a bad song on Zep iv.

I recall throughout my teenage years always hearing "When the Levee Breaks" at 3 or 4 in the morning. Usually before I lost consciousness on someone's front lawn. Shocked
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
Polymorphia View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Polymorphia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2018 at 15:52
Zoso, but Who's Next is no slouch.
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2018 at 21:11
Interesting that only 17 people bothered to vote.....when this board is full of Zep fans ..and Who fans also.
Haquin
Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2018 at 23:08
Maybe people don´t visit here as much as before? I think also some "oldies" are tired to vote in polls with much same subjects.
Intruder View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Intruder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2018 at 19:18
Battle of Evermore tilts it to Zep......The Song Is Over makes me think twice.  
I like to feel the suspense when you're certain you know I am there.....
ReactioninG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReactioninG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2018 at 18:47
Who's Next by a hundred miles... Zeppelin is a lazy band... particularly the lyrics of Zeppelin... it kills me. Good album from them obviously but the Who play their heart out with some really moving songs that stay with you your whole life.
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2018 at 22:43
The Who 
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>