Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > Proto-Prog and Prog-Related Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ritual de lo Habitual

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iancat87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ritual de lo Habitual
    Posted: May 07 2018 at 08:29
Yes, side 1 is basically funk metal / alt-rock. I know.

But side 2... I kinda feel like side 2 is some kind of prog masterpiece. The second side of Ritual de lo Habitual outshines the first half of that record to the point where I only listen to that first side just to get to "Three Days" and the other three songs.

Look, I know that the "purists" here won't think of it as prog. That's fine. But as far as putting the PROGRESS in PROGRESSive rock, I'm curious what other folks think of that incredible side of music.
doompaul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doompaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2018 at 09:41
I will have to listen to it again. I do remember seeing them live on the nothing shocking tour and they were amazing.

Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2018 at 15:42
Yep, Three Days. Though I don’t own anymore JA albums. Perry Farrell was a tripper !!
 Post Reply Post Reply