Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Celeste new release

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote faraone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Celeste new release
    Posted: May 07 2018 at 16:55
MELLOW RECORDS PRESS RELEASE, MAY 2018.
----------------------------------------------------------------
MMP 540 CELESTE - IL RISVEGLIO DEL PRINCIPE out in Autumn 2018 with exclusive bonus track for the Japanese market!
CELESTE is a very important name within the vast world of Italian progressive rock. Like many other bands, they disbanded after only one self-titled LP released in 1976, but thanks to that beautiful album we can consider Celeste among the greatest Italian prog groups. After the reissues of unreleased material in the nineties, we were still missing one piece: a new album consisting of original songs, which finally sees the light here, in "IL RISVEGLIO DEL PRINCIPE" (The Prince's Awakening), that will be exclusively released by Mellow Records in september!

Why CELESTE again?
46 years have passed since "La Danza del Fato" was written. In fact it was in September of 1972 that I met with Mariano Schiavolini to lay the foundations of what would become the CELESTE project. In those moments however, the name of the “complesso” was beyond to come. Excuse me if I call it still "complesso", but the exact terminology of the sixties / seventies was this. Group or band is recent history.
And so I remain linked to what I consider a historical / musical recovery of that ancient project.
So much time passed and about two years ago I felt a strong desire and the impulse to find myself immersed in those atmospheres, in those spells that had been the most important and evident aspect of the adventure of "Prince of a Day".
In addition over the years I have collected the invitation of many supporters, professionals who asked me to follow the first and only album of CELESTE.
And now I find myself happily talking about what is now no longer just an idea, an abstraction but also a reality.
The natural evolution of the Prince's path is ready. The seal of the registration has begun.
All the parts have been written, the lyrics that illustrate the new path of the solitary hero, who finds himself in a new world, have found the right words. The tests with all the musicians who will participate now have highlighted the goodness of the structures and the validity of the musical proposals.
Who loved the air that you breathed, and you breathe again listening to "Prince of a Day" can not fail to appreciate this new chapter where are repeated and consolidated the melodies, the harmonies, the sound of the same instruments, my beloved Mellotron 400, acoustic guitars, flutes and saxophones, the delicate touches of the small percussion reinvigorated by the presence of the acoustic drums.
Everything has been thought in respect of the true Spirit of CELESTE. A recovery dictated by the desire to recreate BEAUTY and to make it even more present and current.
CIRO PERRINO, may 2018
--
Mauro Moroni
Mellow Records President
http://www.mellowrecords.com
http://www.myspace.com/mellowrecordsmusic/
kenethlevine View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog-Folk Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenethlevine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2018 at 17:08
good news, thank you!
Aussie-Byrd-Brother View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2018 at 17:39
Very exciting news! So many of the `comeback' albums from many of the older Italian bands really set the standard for high-quality albums from older acts, so hopefully Celeste keep up the same level!

OK, and while we're at it, Mellow Records, how about starting an all-new reissue program that bring back all your titles from your back catalogue, many of the original CD's of your Italian albums go for insanely expensive prices or are impossible to find anymore!
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2018 at 18:02
This is going to be really special !!
Rednight View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rednight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2018 at 18:46
Prog magic indeed happens.
"It just has none of the qualities of your work that I find interesting. Abandon [?] it." - Eno
faraone View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote faraone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2019 at 14:12
At last:

https://ciroperrino.bandcamp.com/album/il-risveglio-del-principe

Vinyl and Cd available first week of February.

Hope to find an American distributor to save very high postage costs to buy from Italy directly
--
Mauro Moroni
Mellow Records President
http://www.mellowrecords.com
http://www.myspace.com/mellowrecordsmusic/
 Post Reply Post Reply