4 [7.69%]
1 [1.92%]
3 [5.77%]
7 [13.46%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2018 at 15:50
"It Can Happen." 90125 is a splendid album. It rocks. And that's why I like it. It's a rock record.
Rednight View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rednight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2018 at 16:39
Originally posted by TerLJack TerLJack wrote:

I have a version on some cassette lying around that was a purely acapella version of Leave It.  I think they just removed all the instrumentation.  It was damn cool.
It's also damned cool on the CD remaster.
"It just has none of the qualities of your work that I find interesting. Abandon [?] it." - Eno
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2018 at 01:50
Originally posted by verslibre verslibre wrote:

"It Can Happen." 90125 is a splendid album. It rocks. And that's why I like it. It's a rock record.

Yep, it's in many ways not too far removed from Journey's "frontiers" album which was released around the same time(which I also bought when it first came out on cassette tape). The only difference being that the Journey album didn't lead me to prog and in fact I kind of lost track of them for a long time. 
someone_else View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote someone_else Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2018 at 02:44
It Can Happen > Cinema >= Changes > Hold On >= Leave It > Our Song > Owner of a Lonely Heart >> Hearts >>> City of Love
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2018 at 08:58
Just finished listening to it after a long while.

Far from essential but an always enjoyable little listen: City of Love and It Can Happen for me this morning.

jayem View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jayem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2018 at 11:49
Originally posted by AFlowerKingCrimson AFlowerKingCrimson wrote:

No offense to those who are into rap but do these rappers even know what they are sampling or do the producers just pull stuff out of the archives or something?

At least one person in the producing team has to know LOL

There's even a rap song that samples "Without Hope You Cannot Start the Day" from Union where they speed up Jon Anderson's voice(maybe so he can't sue?). 

Hm let's check that...

...Ah here it is

LOLLOL

I don't know. It just seems like sampling has gotten out of hand. Also, is it just Yes or are a lot of rock bands sampled?

There has to be a lot of rock bands, since rap roots are built on DJing.

I don't know if it'd be worth much fighting for royalties for a song like this, but copyright rules clearly apply here.

Edited by jayem - May 22 2018 at 17:01
Prog Sothoth View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prog Sothoth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2018 at 20:23
I'll go with It Can Happen. Sitar in the 80's, always a nice touch (thanks Monsoon).
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2018 at 13:43
Originally posted by Prog Sothoth Prog Sothoth wrote:

I'll go with It Can Happen. Sitar in the 80's, always a nice touch (thanks Monsoon).

It Can Happen for me too.......I do like that sound in the song.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123