9 [36.00%]
5 [20.00%]
11 [44.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Beatles - the Who - Pink Floyd
    Posted: May 16 2018 at 07:39
Three of the most influential bands fromnthe U.K whom hails from the 60s and gave esque and ians to bands sound be it Beatelesque elements, floydian tappestries or Whovian ernestness. This can be quite exieting.

Edited by Icarium - May 16 2018 at 10:07
Argo2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argo2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2018 at 07:44
Three of my favorite bands. I went with the Beatles but all are great in their own way.  
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2018 at 10:49
In these kind of polls I a;ways ask who would I want to listen to for the rest of my life if I had only one choice.....The Beatles.
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2018 at 10:54
Pink Floyd out of these
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2018 at 12:12
Oink Floyd
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2018 at 08:46
No contest between The Beatles and anyone else, but I would like to know what "esque and ians " are?
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2018 at 09:48
Originally posted by chopper chopper wrote:

No contest between The Beatles and anyone else, but I would like to know what "esque and ians " are?
it is the suffix whic deterlins the sound influence of a band if a band contains a Bestelesque sound or a Floydian sound. So it is a suffix that explains elementa of bands ontu other bands. Or that is how i understands it
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2018 at 10:49
The Who rock!
Pink Floyd psychedelic masters

The Beatles boring pop music
Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2018 at 11:29
The Beatles is still the most important band in pop music, but it´s Pink Floyd for me personally. Really love also the Who and they have been also really important to me and the music.
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2018 at 15:35
Floyd, easy. 
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2018 at 15:38
Interesting that Catcher said The Beatles was boring pop music because that's how I feel about much of Floyd's music.....boring.
Wink

Edited by dr wu23 - May 17 2018 at 15:39
Haquin
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2018 at 16:08
Originally posted by dr wu23 dr wu23 wrote:

Interesting that Catcher said The Beatles was boring pop music because that's how I feel about much of Floyd's music.....boring.
Wink

So you picked The Who.....excellent choice ClapLOL
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2018 at 07:27

I kind of agree - I do like the Floyd but they can send me to sleep faster than any other band.
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2018 at 07:29
Originally posted by Icarium Icarium wrote:

Originally posted by chopper chopper wrote:

it is the suffix whic deterlins the sound influence of a band if a band contains a Bestelesque sound or a Floydian sound. So it is a suffix that explains elementa of bands ontu other bands. Or that is how i understands it

I realised that after I posted but my response got captchad and I couldn't be arsed to retype it.

esque or ian? I think it just depends on what sounds best. a band could be Floyd-esque or Floydian.
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2018 at 07:50
Kind of disappointing that only 15 people have voted........would have though at least twice that .

Is there a 'classic rock poll' with all the greats listed in the poll? Say 12 or 15 bands?

ps: I think the older one is the more likely one is to vote Beatles....many of us 'grew up' with them and they are such a large part of our cultural/music background....that it's hard not to accept them as the largest influence on that level.
Haquin
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2018 at 07:56

Kind of disappointing that only 15 people have voted........would have though at least twice that .

Is there a 'classic rock poll' with all the greats listed in the poll? Say 12 or 15 bands?

you could make a poll.

If I made it, I'm sure I would forget a few. :)
someone_else View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote someone_else Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2018 at 09:14
Pink Floyd easily (though I like The Beatles and The Who more than a bit).
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2018 at 15:19

ps: I think the older one is the more likely one is to vote Beatles....many of us 'grew up' with them and they are such a large part of our cultural/music background....that it's hard not to accept them as the largest influence on that level.
what are the qualifying measure to gauge which 15 bands to be natural choice in such a poll.
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2018 at 16:26
Pink Floyd for me, but I like music by all three very much. A fave of mine by each.

Just a fanboy passin' through.
Fischman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fischman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2018 at 23:31
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

The Who rock!
Pink Floyd psychedelic masters

The Beatles boring pop music

What he said.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>