Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - ITCOCK CD error - Epitaph has part of Moonchild
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ITCOCK CD error - Epitaph has part of Moonchild

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog-Folk Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenethlevine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ITCOCK CD error - Epitaph has part of Moonchild
    Posted: May 19 2018 at 16:38
It's taken me years to notice since when you play it through it sounds fine, but the other day Epitaph came up on random play (All songs) on my iphone and it continued into Moonchild which seemed like quite a coincidence.  Then it cut out in the middle of the song part of Moonchild!  When I looked closely, I realized that, though the running times look correct on the CD case, they are clearly wrong when I look at the track lengths on the CD itself.  This is the 1989 remaster EGCD 1.  Does anyone else have it and does it have this error?  If not, could this be worth something????
Frenetic Zetetic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frenetic Zetetic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2018 at 17:33
Incredibly interesting, and astute observation! I don't know what copies I currently own; I have to go check now!

"I am so prog, I listen to concept albums on shuffle." -KMac2021
grantman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grantman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2018 at 17:33
is a pink cd cover on the cd ,if so i had that cd but did not notice that .
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2018 at 06:05
I doubt if it's worth much. I have a copy of Trilogy where Fugue starts in the wrong place (at least compared to the vinyl), it starts a short while after the band finish and the solo piano starts.
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2018 at 00:16
Originally posted by chopper chopper wrote:

I doubt if it's worth much. I have a copy of Trilogy where Fugue starts in the wrong place (at least compared to the vinyl), it starts a short while after the band finish and the solo piano starts.

That just how its splits out on the CD although in any case it may not be wrong because Fugue is, as I understand, a very a particular type of music and I suspect this part starts at the right place.

What about Genesis - Three Sides Live where part of One for The Vine is tagged onto Fountain Of Salmacis. That bugs the hell out of me , so much so I removed it from my cloud library. . 

chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2018 at 05:40
Originally posted by richardh richardh wrote:

Originally posted by chopper chopper wrote:

That just how its splits out on the CD although in any case it may not be wrong because Fugue is, as I understand, a very a particular type of music and I suspect this part starts at the right place.

You could be right but I'm sure (well fairly) that "Fugue" starts as soon as the piano goes solo on my vinyl version. I'll have to check it out.
stegor View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stegor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2018 at 05:55
I must have the same one. I couldn't remember the error exactly but I remember there's something wrong with the Moonchild track. I wonder if it was to discourage people from skipping the part that some people think is long and boring.
Argo2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argo2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2018 at 07:21
I have a copy of The Yes Album on CD.  If I try to play Starship Trooper it starts in the middle of Clap. 
Mirror Image View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mirror Image Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2018 at 07:35
I haven’t noticed, but I haven’t played that E.G. remaster in years as I just usually play the 30th or 40th Anniversary recordings nowadays.
“Music is enough for a lifetime but a lifetime is not enough for music.” - Sergei Rachmaninov
 Post Reply Post Reply