Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Transit Method for Heavy Prog

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SirPsycho388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Transit Method for Heavy Prog
    Posted: May 23 2018 at 18:16
Transit Method would definitely fit into the Heavy Prog genre for Prog Archives. Their sound is similar to Rush, Soundgarden, The Mars Volta, Jane's Addiction, Porcupine Tree. They have been been labeled as "alt-prog" by Austin's Progressive Rock Festival "Voyager Fest", as "proto-prog metal" by the Austin Chronicle, and as "progressive grunge" by Amped Sound.

BAND BIO (from their website):
Transit Method is an Austin, TX band by way of New Jersey. The power trio was started by brother's Matt and Mike LoCoco. Their adventurous compositions are soaked with sharp riffs and fiery guitar leads. The powerful vocals are anchored by galloping bass grooves and bombastic drumming. Their songs are both heavy and complex. 

Transit Method made their name known with the release of Celebrate Mutations in 2014. A music video was released for "Artificial Genesis" and songs like "Radioface" and "Root Rot" became live favorites. In 2016 they released their second EP Roach on Basement Avatar Records and embarked on a summer tour of the south.

Last year they released a full length album "We Won't Get Out Of Here Alive" on Brutal Panda Records. They toured the West Coast in support the release, and they're now going on an East Coast Summer Tour.

MUSIC VIDEOS:
Artificial Genesis - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=di9WrbDaP9g

MUSIC RELEASES:

1. Snake Wine (3:50)
2. Beside Moonlight (4:19)
3. One More Beyond Need (4:20)
4. Constriction (7:12)
5. Cloud Zeppelin (2:03)
6. Parasight (2:51)
7. Worlds Apart (6:01)
8. Clones (5:07)
9. Outlaw By Disguise (9:15)

Recorded by Gary Calhoun James [Daniel Johnston] at Bell Tree Studio in Austin, TX. 

Mixed by Matt Bayles [Mastodon, The Sword, Isis] at Red Room Recording in Seattle, WA. 

Mastered by Carl Saff at Saff Mastering in Chicago, IL.

Roach (2016)
1. Roach (4:18)
2. Wait To Drown (4:31)

Recorded by Gary Calhoun James [Daniel Johnston] at Bell Tree Studio in Austin, TX. 

Mastered by Carl Saff at Saff Mastering in Chicago, IL.

1. Artificial Genesis (5:52)
2. Radioface (5:23)
3. Root Rot (2:30)
4. Parachute (7:46)
5. MTB (9:37)

Recorded, Mixed & Mastered by Joe Beckham at Birdhouse Studios

PRESS:

*It looks like they might have 2 earlier releases with a different lineup but I can't find them on the web

Press quotes from website:
"Think Soundgarden, Rush, and Jane's Addiction having a lovechild." - Pure Grain Audio - http://puregrainaudio.com/audio/transit-method-streaming-grungy-new-single-wait-to-drown-exclusive-premiere

"The mostly instrumental songs on Celebrate Mutations flow seamlessly from one track to the next, fusing grunge, progressive rock, and heavy metal into something quite enjoyable and at times melodic." - Henry Schneider, Expose Online - http://expose.org/index.php/articles/display/transit-method-celebrate-mutations-6

"The power-triad’s new record features more elements than are on the periodic table; dexterous vocals, lacerating licks, walloping basslines, eccentric arrangements and complex rhythms. Their live performance is as dynamic as it is galvanizing." - Donny Rodriguez, Tour Worthy - https://tourworthy.com/blog/?bID=8487&bType=1

PEERS:
The band has shared the stage with national acts like Rishloo, The Sword, District 97, Bobaflex, The Tea Club. They've also played with local progressive bands such as The Aaron Clift Experiment, Proud Peasant, Megafauna, Opposite Day, Boyfrndz. 

I think it'll be a no-brainer to get them added to Heavy Prog. Hope you guys dig them! Thanks!
Strangers passing in the street by chance two separate glances meet and I am you and what I see is me. And do I take you by the hand and lead you through the land and help me understand the best I can
rdtprog View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Heavy, RPI, Symph, JR/F Canterbury Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rdtprog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2018 at 04:21
Thanks for the suggestion! added to the charts
Music is the refuge of souls ulcerated by happiness.

Emile M. Cioran

SirPsycho388 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SirPsycho388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2018 at 12:02
Good to hear! Does that mean they've been added as a Heavy Prog artist?
Strangers passing in the street by chance two separate glances meet and I am you and what I see is me. And do I take you by the hand and lead you through the land and help me understand the best I can
tempest_77 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tempest_77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2018 at 12:19
It means they've been officially listed for consideration by the Heavy Prog team.
I use they/them pronouns (feel free to ask me about this!)

Check out my music on my bandcamp!
rdtprog View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Heavy, RPI, Symph, JR/F Canterbury Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rdtprog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2018 at 13:01
Originally posted by tempest_77 tempest_77 wrote:

It means they've been officially listed for consideration by the Heavy Prog team.

I'll ask to my teammate to vote on this one and as soon as his vote is in, it should be a quick addition unless he thinks it's not heavy Prog.
Music is the refuge of souls ulcerated by happiness.

Emile M. Cioran

Post Reply Post Reply