Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

About Yes T-Shirts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superQuizzie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: About Yes T-Shirts
    Posted: May 28 2018 at 00:52
I'm going to start out by apologizing because it is a bit hard to categorize this topic so I chose here. 

So I'm going to see Yes* in a couple weeks, and I was planning to buy a t-shirt because I don't have any Yes memorbilia. I saw this sick shirt on Amazon for relayer and it looks like this:
Image result for yes relayer shirt
this one even wraps around the whole thing! It looks really neat! So then I tried looking for a similar style "close to the edge" shirt because that's my favorite Yes album (relayer is pretty close). I couldn't find any. I looked into google and found this:

On the website it says it is $50. Idk, it would seem like a more popular shirt design so I was wondering if y'all know of some prog shirt website or something. I'm looking for something preferably less than $20.

Here are the links of the 2 shirts:

https://www.amazon.com/Yes-Relayers-Front-Back-T-Shirt/dp/B015HNPQGM/ref=sr_1_5?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1527488196&sr=1-5&nodeID=7141123011&psd=1&keywords=yes+shirt&dpID=51b3J10yLUL&preST=_SX342_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

https://produto.mercadolivre.com.br/MLB-788553116-camiseta-ou-baby-look-ou-regata-yes-close-to-the-edge-color-_JM

*= Mostly just a couple fellas from the Buggles plus Jon Davison and Steve Howe.

The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2018 at 04:09
If you are not careful, people will think you are Spam. And Spam is being recalled in the U.S.
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
someone_else View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote someone_else Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2018 at 04:25
Originally posted by The Dark Elf The Dark Elf wrote:

If you are not careful, people will think you are Spam. And Spam is being recalled in the U.S.

Based on his other posts, I don't think this is intended as spam. But it's close to the edge...
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2018 at 04:29
Originally posted by someone_else someone_else wrote:

Originally posted by The Dark Elf The Dark Elf wrote:

Based on his other posts, I don't think this is intended as spam. But it's close to the edge...

Ba-dump-tisch! Hey, I'm here till Tuesday. Try the veal! LOL
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
Frenetic Zetetic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frenetic Zetetic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2018 at 16:48
That CTTE shirt is SICK!

"I am so prog, I listen to concept albums on shuffle." -KMac2021
cstack3 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cstack3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2018 at 19:21
Originally posted by Frenetic Zetetic Frenetic Zetetic wrote:

That CTTE shirt is SICK!

I agree!!  

I have what may be one of the rarest Yes tee-shirts....when I was at the after-show backstage for the 35th Anniversary show in Chicago, they had a pile of tee-shirts for the Lincolnwood Chorale, who performed with Yes onstage for the song "Nine Voices."  This is what the tee-shirt looks like, it is one of my favorites!  Note the "with The Lincolnwood Chorale" under the logo.  

I am not a Robot, I'm a FREE MAN!!
Frenetic Zetetic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frenetic Zetetic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2018 at 02:16
^Bravo!

I need more YES shirts.

"I am so prog, I listen to concept albums on shuffle." -KMac2021
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2018 at 10:10
[*= Mostly just a couple fellas from the Buggles plus Jon Davison and Steve Howe.]

Actually only one member of the Buggles. Trevor Horne hasn't been an official member(despite the recent "return trip" album)in over 35 years.
cstack3 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cstack3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2018 at 17:37
Originally posted by Frenetic Zetetic Frenetic Zetetic wrote:

^Bravo!

I need more YES shirts.

Indeed!  This video shows the Lincolnwood Chorale, performing for Chris Squire...please note that they are wearing the same shirt that I have! 

I am not a Robot, I'm a FREE MAN!!
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2018 at 08:32
Maybe a little Off Topic but...given the OP's Icon I thought I'd share this.
Got it for christmas last year. A nice combination but I was really  wanting the full Tarkus monty.
You's think there'd be at least one Tee Shirt Mfg'er that would make available high quality tees with quality graphics. I also got one with the ELPowell cover image which is nice.

So, what's your best Prog Tee??
Thank you for supporting independently produced music
 Post Reply Post Reply