Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > I Have A Question For You......?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Posting my radio show to the "Prog Radio" page

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrufordFreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Posting my radio show to the "Prog Radio" page
    Posted: May 28 2018 at 09:10
Hey guys! I've only JUST noticed that this site has a special page accessed on the top line of the Home page just for advertizing one's prog radio program or station. I would like to get my show, "Prog Is Alive!" broadcast for 2 hours every Sunday night on WDRT-Viroqua, 91.9 FM or www.wdrt.org, for 136 weeks now, on that page! How can I accomplish this? 

Thanks!

Sincerely,

Drew
Drew Fisher
https://progisaliveandwell.blogspot.com/
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2018 at 11:07
Drew, I'm afraid that on this thread your question might go unnoticed  by the admins (I suppose they are able to give you an answer,  I can only tell you SC do not have that power - at least I don't)

I once asked Andy Webb about the similar additions under Prog Links tab but never got an answer from him (?)

Maybe PM Keishiro or ...
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2018 at 15:27
That Prog Radio page hasn't been updated since Dec 4th 2010...and some of the stations that were using Live365 when it shut down in January 2016 (due to imposition of higher royalty rates) didn't resume broadcasting with it (or with anyone else in the meantime as far as I know) when it was relaunched a year later. A couple of other shows mentioned on there no longer exist either. The page could do with a bit of a makeover in any case by the look of it.
aapatsos View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aapatsos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2018 at 15:40
I have asked a few times to get up the station where I broadcast to M@x but never received a reply...

Not sure if an Admin can amend this page
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2018 at 21:59
I think if it was possible for an admin to do it, it would have been updated well before now. I'm sure Dean in his heyday would have taken care of it if it was at all possible without the intervention of M@D M@X.

Whilst on the subject of Internet radio, how the Hell do they ever make any money to continue broadcasting anyway? The two I listen to the most don't broadcast any adverts over the air, and don't have any that I can see on their websites either. They must have to pay for tons of bandwidth, website hosting fees, performance royalties for songwriters etc etc...So where does the income to pay for it all come from? They've both been going for at least nine years now, so must be getting the dosh from somewhere...But where? Confused

Edited by yam yam - May 29 2018 at 22:06
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2018 at 10:05
Hi,

So sad to see that ... the death of "progressive music" is in the hands of admins that simply do not have the time, or the money, to be able to do the little things that need to be done to keep it alive.

PA, either needs more volunteers, or needs to think again ... who is able to help and assist, instead of having admins that think that banning a person is the answer to the success of the music that this site is dedicated to. And spend their time on personal comments that are not about the music, or the artist.

I am too old, and have given up "helping" anyone anymore, except the arts. I wish PA was an "art" ... but it seems not to be. 
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2018 at 11:06
This isn't something that we can blame our admins for. Our admins do their absolute best to keep this site functioning as best they can with the tools at their disposal, but it all really boils down to the site owner M@X, I'm afraid - whose input is essential for carrying out certain actions which an admin doesn't have a button for (of which I'm pretty sure amending this Prog Radio page is one).

M@X seemed to lose all real interest in the site quite some time ago by the look of things. As far as is visible to us guys out here in the public forums (I guess he must tweak a few things behind the scenes now and again which we don't get to know about), the last thing of any real value to us he that did was to upgrade the forum software a few years back. Since then all he has done that has had any real impact on our use of the forum was to introduce this insane, bug-ridden CAPTCHA nonsense at the beginning of last year, which has virtually killed the forum part of the site completely for all but the very determined amongst us.

The admins do as much as they can under very difficult circumstances, but unless M@X decides to take an interest in the site again at some time in the not-too-distant future, then yes - the PA that we all enjoyed a few years ago is probably headed for an early grave.
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2018 at 06:15
Hi,

I have no issues with the CAPTCHA and what its role and idea is. It is something that is necessary in order to try and cut down the number of spams and trolls, and in a way, it will help define the folks that are really into the subject matter and post accordingly. We might not all agree on the same things, but we do post with fervor and quite a strong sense of vision and knowledge of the music, although I have a few thoughts on some folks that are "Admin's" whose knowledge, discussion and posting is not exactly up to snuff, and while I would not think that they are not good fans, they are, in the end, I feel that what they do is weak, and their postings tend to be closer to trolling, than they do towards the OP, in very general terms.

The answer here lies ... in the typical, get my friend to do this, and sometimes, that is not the best option, specially when you end up with too many friends, and not enough capability and desire to help clean things up. So most "Admins" can only clean up their forum and lock people out ... whooopeedooo ... but in the end ... what helps ... is missing.

I hope PA does not go to an early grace and that someone with a nice, clear and good vision of it, helps take "progressive" and "prog" to where it needs to go ... and it's not the trash and the amount of history through thousands of years, of wasted music that no one will ever know or hear about!. We can do better than that in these days, to help the annals of time to remember this ... if we stop talking like teenagers that love their bubblegum and their song, which is a constant problem with some Admins, always advocating their favorites, instead of a CLEARER oversight of the very music we are posting and discussing and hoping to hold dear for our lives and the next for others! 

Instead, the focus is wrong ... on the hit at one time, many of which are not even appreciated any more.

As an example, I find it distasteful when hearing someone say they like ELP, and they have not given Rachel a serious listen to realize that ELP was not all about a few rock songs, and hits ... it also had, like many others, some serious music, and its compositional side is excellent, as can be seen by Rachel's playing ... and we would think that this would help elevate the quality of the music and its importance ... but no ... many admins couldn't careless ... it's just another song ... 

Until such a time, as the "strength" of the direction gets a serious improvement, and some folks take to their jobs a bit more seriously than just trolling and posting ... I am not sure that we can take this whole thing anywhere, but into an early grave ... and we're helping it get there.

At the least, and I have been "accused" of straying from the OP/Topic, I have tried to stick to the music itself ... but it scares me when an Admin talks about the piece of music ... just because it sounds like ... instead of looking at the music itself. So Haydn and Liszt sound the same ... and no one cares. I doubt that some folks like one or the other because of the way they "sound", and the same thing as Beethoven, Mozart and Bach.

But it's hard to tell these folks about this ... they are not into "music" ... they are into a bunch of songs. And while a "song" is still music, there is a lot that will help a song get more valuable discussion than just ... it's my favorite. 

I like a famous line for all this ... the father and I are one. And it means that we are no longer connected to the source, since we do not know what music is for a song. Totally disconnected.

for Progressive/Prog to survive and get better, you ... "YOU" ... have to address this part of things within yourself first. At that point you did your best ... and its all "and you and I" can do.
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Davesax1965 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davesax1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2018 at 06:53
Mosh. Just to point out that the OP is asking how to do something. And not what your opinion of a vaguely connected subject is. 

Post Reply Post Reply