Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coheed & Cambria drop 10 minute epic

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SilverEclipse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Coheed & Cambria drop 10 minute epic
    Posted: May 31 2018 at 16:18
Wow.  What a return to form this is from the Coheed guys. 

"and if the band your in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon"
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2018 at 03:31
The subject of the thread may need changing as I take it to mean that they have removed the 10 minute epic from the album presumably under pressure from the record company. However I suspect you mean they are including it?
eddiefang View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eddiefang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2018 at 09:17
Awesome song, easily among C&C best!
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2018 at 09:23
Originally posted by richardh richardh wrote:

The subject of the thread may need changing as I take it to mean that they have removed the 10 minute epic from the album presumably under pressure from the record company. However I suspect you mean they are including it?

I don't get the use of the word "drop" in this context, what's wrong with "release"?
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2018 at 09:42
Confusing post but great song.
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2018 at 10:31
Guys, it's how the young folk talk these days Clap.......Same thing as saying "drop a beat....". It means they recorded a 10 minute song.
I got it from the get go, sure it's not stuffy literary prog rock talk..but it works.
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2018 at 11:15
Yikes! We're still talking about the post and not the song! No wonder why C&C are still a cult act. LOL
Jeffro View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeffro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2018 at 11:20
I have 'dropped' Wink my interest in this band. Try as I might, I have never been able to get into them.
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2018 at 11:23
^ Did you at least check out the song? I mean listen to the song, incase 'check out' is now antiquated?
Jeffro View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeffro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2018 at 11:43
Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

^ Did you at least check out the song? I mean listen to the song, incase 'check out' is now antiquated?

I thought 'check out' meant to leave? In any event yes, I attempted to absorb that song. I hear that 'absorb' is what all the cool kids say when they listen to music. Tongue

Oh yeah, Beatles RULE!
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2018 at 12:33
Originally posted by Jeffro Jeffro wrote:

Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

I thought 'check out' meant to leave? In any event yes, I attempted to absorb that song. I hear that 'absorb' is what all the cool kids say when they listen to music. Tongue

Oh yeah, Beatles RULE!
On that note, I think it's time for me to check out, head to the bar and absorb a few vodka and tonics.
Erwaco View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Erwaco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2018 at 17:16
Actually the music industry has used the term : drop their new album" for quite awhile (decades at least) meaning to release not record.
erwaco
tempest_77 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tempest_77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2018 at 19:29
I absolutely love it. These guys are one of my favourite bands of all time, and The Dark Sentencer has been stuck in my head since it came out. Absolutely incredible.
I use they/them pronouns (feel free to ask me about this!)

Check out my music on my bandcamp!
foregonillusions View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foregonillusions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2018 at 20:03
I used to be a big fan of C&C, but their music has fallen out of favor with my ears. (Their previous album didn't help. That was truly dreadful outside of some bits and pieces.) Their latest effort seems to be in the vein of The Afterman duology. This would be fine except for the fact that I think this retread is boring. (The intro track is cool though!)
Some of my favorite artists like Neal Morse and Subsignal have a defined sound, and they don't deviate much from their norm; however, their style is very well crafted and is quite tailored to my tastes. Their music tends to have some level of depth to it where I can discover new stuff on each repeated listening. Thus when combined with their fantastic melodies, I can listen to their new and old material without getting very fatigued. (Though I don't listen to either of them constantly.) My experiences with C&C are dissimilar: their music doesn't seem to be as solidly crafted as the aforementioned groups' efforts such that this ostensible reiteration is simply not interesting. But hey, it's only two songs. Maybe they'll surprise me.
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2018 at 04:51
Originally posted by Erwaco Erwaco wrote:

Actually the music industry has used the term : drop their new album" for quite awhile (decades at least) meaning to release not record.

Can't say I've ever heard of it being used before the current decade.
 Post Reply Post Reply