Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Welcome artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

3 bass instrumental band seeking review

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Bass Invaders View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bass Invaders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 3 bass instrumental band seeking review
    Posted: June 15 2018 at 11:14
Thank you everyone! We’ve been searching for our audience for a while. Really happy everyone here is digging it.
mathman0806 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mathman0806 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2018 at 11:08
I enjoyed it and purchased the digital download. Good stuff. 
RomerilloLaMissFripp View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RomerilloLaMissFripp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2018 at 08:58
Just checked it out on bandcamp and seriously loved it. Like a mathier version of all the space and doom bands I love. You guys have earned another fan ;)
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2018 at 09:37
This is solid prog stuff and the unusual instrumentation makes it quite original. The toying around with nonstandard time signatures reminds me of some math rock. The rather dark, harsh and a bit grim sound that one should expect from this instrumentation makes me think of some RIO bands. Not exactly music for the sunny side of life, but that's fine for me. I like the heavy physicality of it.
On the other hand, I have some difficulties to connect to this emotionally, and to find parts that really stick (which is often an issue also with other artists of the genres mentioned above). On their own all the parts are good and make sense but they seem to come and go in a somewhat routine fashion not necessarily following a bigger musical aim.
The last track, Watermark, is the best in this respect, because here most time is taken to create an atmosphere, and the later parts develop on the earlier ones with some clear direction and aim. Obviously this is all subjective, just how it resonates with me.

Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bass Invaders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2018 at 02:34
Thank you!
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2018 at 21:22
Hi,

I enjoyed this tremendously, and sent my comments privately. 

A great listen, specially if one stops worrying about what it is and what it isn't. It's great stuff regardless!
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2018 at 15:11
I put you guys in the suggestion box. Good music.
Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2018 at 18:15
Ok, 2 songs in and I'm digging it so far. If the rest of your stuff follows suit I could see it living in Heavy prog or maybe post/math. Thanks for posting.
DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Avant/Cross/Neo/Post Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DamoXt7942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2018 at 16:42
Welcome.

This thread, anyway, has been moved to "Welcome artists" section because your project is not upon Progarchives Library.

Thanks, and good luck. Smile
Argo2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argo2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2018 at 12:46
Welcome. Sounds like an interesting project.  The first thing that popped in to my head when I read the description of you band was Big Bottoms by Spinal Tap. Wink Good luck with the band!

Edited by Argo2112 - June 04 2018 at 12:47
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bass Invaders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2018 at 11:50
First post here. Hoping to get some feedback on our album. We're called Bass Invaders. 3 bassists and a drummer doing instrumental prog/post rock. If anyone is interested you can stream the entire album on our bandcamp page or I can send you a download code. We do have physical CDs, as well. 

Thank you for your time!

Post Reply Post Reply