11 [19.30%]
2 [3.51%]
21 [36.84%]
9 [15.79%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YESESIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2018 at 17:26
Originally posted by iancat87 iancat87 wrote:

Back by popular demand, live by request, the VH1 Storytellers edition of Side 1 Track 1 Shootout! Joining us again are ELP, Tull, and Yes, who received the fewest votes in Vol. 1.

And for that one guy in the Vol. 1 thread: HERE IS YOUR ZAPPA (wink wink wink wink wink we will have more for sure).

I think we all know that Yes is going to run away with this thing, but here we are.

Being I'm pretty sure I'm "that guy" I did vote for Zappa here(mostly out of feeling that I better lol). And it is a very good song. I would have voted for Tarkus just barely over Close to the Edge.. obviously both all time mammoth tracks.

I agree with others that no one was beating Close to the Edge in this one, so I'm glad that the great Inca Roads is being saved for another poll.
iancat87 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iancat87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2018 at 12:05
^Yes of course, there will be more Zappa for sure! I'm a fan of "Peaches" too. Hot Rats is the illest of his, imo.
ALotOfBottle View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALotOfBottle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2018 at 12:14
Freefall for me. Love that track.

Edited by ALotOfBottle - June 07 2018 at 12:14
Categories strain, crack and sometimes break, under their burden - step out of the space provided.
YESESIS View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YESESIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2018 at 18:17
Originally posted by iancat87 iancat87 wrote:

^Yes of course, there will be more Zappa for sure! I'm a fan of "Peaches" too. Hot Rats is the illest of his, imo.

I rate it very high as well, but he has a lot of great stuff. Pretty much anything from the 60's and 70's is good imo. Then the 80's get a little hit or miss. Ship Arriving and Them or Us are both very good, but like Thing Fish is not.

Some other good opining tracks from him are Transylvania Boogie and of course the epic.. The Adventures of Greggery Peccary. Plus some fun ones like Camarillo Brillo, Hungry Freaks Daddy, Yellow Snow, Gas Station.. etc.
Saperlipopette! View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saperlipopette! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2018 at 00:59
There's parts of Close to the Edge that are pure magic but as an opener the three and a half minute of Peaches En Regalia for sure. 
iancat87 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iancat87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2018 at 13:30
I gotta say, the results are very interesting thus far. Yes is in the lead, no surprise there, but only ONE vote for "2112."
octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl,Neo & Post/Math Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2018 at 12:32
No context even if I've had the temptation of voting Freefall.
Curiosity killed a cat, Schroedinger only half.
My poor home recorded stuff at https://yellingxoanon.bandcamp.com
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2018 at 14:15
A slew of great tracks............difficult to compare the longer pieces with the shorter ones.
CTTE.........but Tarkus  and Thick are also right there. Like Peaches and Freefall...never really cared much for 2112.

One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
Cosmiclawnmower View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cosmiclawnmower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2018 at 15:50
I'm voting Freefall, closely followed by Peaches as they are both excellent opening tracks to lps featuring a number of other great tracks. In my view 2112 is lots of different tracks plus the rest of the lp is a bit lame; Tarkus.. mmm again, lots of tracks making up a big track.. suppose the Yes & Tull I could say the same but I do like them more and they are stunning pieces.. but they get lots of votes in everything else..

Freefall was the first track by Camel I ever heard & Mirage is one of the key lps of the 70's that got my into progressive music so gets my vote

doompaul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doompaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2018 at 16:43
Tarkus gets my vote. A monster of a record.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12