Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

t

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: t
    Posted: June 10 2018 at 12:49
t

Edited by dr wu23 - June 13 2018 at 07:46
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2018 at 14:14
t

Edited by dr wu23 - June 13 2018 at 07:47
Haquin
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2018 at 14:19
Is keeping a dog on your lot an option ?
(Or maybe the cure would be worse than the disease lol)
Vompatti View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vompatti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2018 at 14:41
Pavement.
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2018 at 14:45
t

Edited by dr wu23 - June 13 2018 at 07:40
Haquin
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2018 at 15:10
I've owned Labrador retrievers and Belgian sheepdogs. Never had an issue with any cats surviving in my backyard. In fact, there's been a couple times the dogs killed them. Keep your damn cats indoors.
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2018 at 15:31
Don't poison cats.   A pellet gun sounds far more humane, or maybe a sprinkler that's connected to a movement sensor, if such a thing exists.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
noni View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2018 at 16:28
Originally posted by dr wu23 dr wu23 wrote:

Anyone know of a guaranteed way to keep cats from sh*tting on your property?
I live in an older subdivision and the man across the street lets his 7 or 8 cats just roam and live outside...they sh*t on our yards and flower beds. They sneek in when you are asleep or not home... have tried animal repellent granules...moth balls...sprays,,...I'm getting ready to take drastic measures .
Any fool proof ideas..? The animal control people aren't allowed to round up cats...just dogs in my area.

Yes use citris fruit,  old peels etc.  They hate it!!...  Trust me it works!!!.....    Lemons, Limes or Oranges,  etc ...

Good for the garden too!....Wink

Edited by noni - June 10 2018 at 16:29
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2018 at 16:30
t

Edited by dr wu23 - June 13 2018 at 07:47
Haquin
Vompatti View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vompatti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2018 at 16:34
If you have such a problem with cats, maybe you should move to an area without any.
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2018 at 16:37
s

Edited by dr wu23 - June 13 2018 at 08:03
Haquin
Vompatti View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vompatti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2018 at 17:12
Allowed or not, cats are outdoor animals and your neighbour is doing the right thing by letting them come and go as they please.
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2018 at 18:14

Not sure why I should have to invest money to buy a motion sprinkler because he can't keep his effin cats off my property?
As far as I'm concerned if they come onto my property...they are fair game. No one else seems to want to do anything about it....so it is what it is.

I'll try citrus peels......but if that don't work they are toast.

The notion of killing a domesticated animal is abhorrent.   I'm sorry it's become such a problem for you as I know what it's like to own property and have my life profoundly affected by a bad neighbor ~ nothing worse than that ~ but this talk of poisoning quiet animals that control rodents and give love & companionship to those who don't or can't own a dog is appalling.   And I suspect rather illegal.  

If there were as many cat-lovers on this site as there used to be, you'd be the one who's toast.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2018 at 21:14
''If that don't work they are toast'' - The poor man's Micky

What a sad, unpleasant old man. *sigh*

The real Micky, however unpleasant he could be at times was at least somewhat funny.

Don't bother us anymore with this cruel sh*t, man.
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2018 at 22:02
shotguns. 
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Larkstongue41 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larkstongue41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2018 at 23:46
The thought of killing a cat simply because it is sh*tting on your grass is ridiculous and makes me sick.
"Larks' tongues. Wrens' livers. Chaffinch brains. Jaguars' earlobes. Wolf nipple chips. Get 'em while they're hot. They're lovely. Dromedary pretzels, only half a denar."
noni View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2018 at 00:07

Not sure why I should have to invest money to buy a motion sprinkler because he can't keep his effin cats off my property?
As far as I'm concerned if they come onto my property...they are fair game. No one else seems to want to do anything about it....so it is what it is.

I'll try citrus peels......but if that don't work they are toast.

Citrus peels works !!!  Wink
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2018 at 05:39
Try googling for cat repellents - there are sonic devices and various other options. I believe lion poo also works (which you might be able to get from a local zoo).

Or get a dog.
twseel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twseel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2018 at 05:50
If you know who the cat belongs to you should attend the guy/gal to this and ask them to teach their cat to use a litterbox, since it is ultimately their responsibility, but if there's too many it will be hard to avoid.
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2018 at 06:12
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>