Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Klaus-Peter Matziol appreciation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gulliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Klaus-Peter Matziol appreciation
    Posted: June 12 2018 at 12:56
APPRECIATION
Why Klaus-Peter Matziol is super-unknow?
Matzion  is  a GOD
With exception Chris Squire there arenīt bass player like Matziol
Squire is first best composer bass player all times.
Pastorius is great but Squire is colossal !
Mike rutherford is underappreciated but GENESIS & YES
are famous bands and ELOY is cult band for elite  progheads with good taste 
AND YES ...I know great bass players:  Jussi Pekka Pohjola, Steve Harris & go on....

What is your opinion about MATZIOL?
jiminyCrikett View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jiminyCrikett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2018 at 13:25
Eloy wouldn't be the same without him, some of my favorite bass lines of all time are played by him and just generally the bass is a big reason I love Eloy!!

Edited by jiminyCrikett - June 12 2018 at 13:25
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2018 at 14:31
I agree... Matziol is actually Eloy's biggest asset. I was a big Eloy fan at some point in the past and grew a bit out of it, but my appreciation of Matze is undiminished. (I'd love to listen to something from his solo album by the way, never heard anything of it.)
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2018 at 19:16
Frank's said the only guy he thinks is a better rock bassist than KPM is Geddy Lee. Make of that what you will. (:
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2018 at 00:05
Yep he is fantastic. I can happily listen to Time To Turn for just the bass lines. Chris (Squire) and Geddy are the only other ones I care about and its also correct to mention Steve Harris who must be the best within his particular genre.
Gulliver View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gulliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2018 at 07:39
Geddy Lee is  underapreciated?
I think that Roger Waters , Greg Lake , Geddy Lee  arenīt forgotten
Unfair or not unfair is the question....

Edited by Gulliver - June 13 2018 at 07:56
jiminyCrikett View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jiminyCrikett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2018 at 11:26
I think he was saying that Frank puts Matziol on the same plane as Geddy and Squire and I would agree. Couldn't choose between the three as I love them all but Matziol has to be in that conversation.
Gulliver View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gulliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2018 at 12:52
i am glad that you think same equal.

verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2018 at 17:59
Originally posted by richardh richardh wrote:

Yep he is fantastic. I can happily listen to Time To Turn for just the bass lines. Chris (Squire) and Geddy are the only other ones I care about and its also correct to mention Steve Harris who must be the best within his particular genre.

*Billy Sheehan Wink
Gulliver View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gulliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2018 at 13:04
YES , SHEEHAN IS OBLIGATORY! GOOD TASTE!
 Post Reply Post Reply