Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Russia 2018 World Cup

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twseel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2018 at 06:32
The hilarious blunder was the cherry on the cake btw, poor guy
tempest_77 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tempest_77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2018 at 06:34
vive la France
I use they/them pronouns (feel free to ask me about this!)

Check out my music on my bandcamp!
Guests View Drop Down
Forum Guest Group
Forum Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2018 at 14:24

Congrats to France and I hope that any hate they're maybe getting is just gonna turn as a regular old healthy rivalry already 20 years in the making. As someone who is not a football fan, these performances from our team kinda temporarily turned me into one and it's been really inspiring hearing support from world all over for Croatia, and I hope we diversified the pool of great football nations just a bit (when you can't beat them in anything else, I guess football will have to do). Hope we can all share in this kind of ecstasy again in two years or four from wherever you are and I'll be enjoying it from Zagreb.

tszirmay View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tszirmay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2018 at 14:51
Originally posted by Modrigue Modrigue wrote:

For the story, I was returning from my holidays yesterday.

I arrived at my apartment's when the second half-time began, the score was 2-1.

Before leaving, I had bought packaged 2 discs which were waiting to be opened.

I open the first one (Yes - Keys to Ascension I) => 3-1.
I open the second one (King Gizzard - Murder of the Universe) => 4-1.
Fortunately for the Croatians, I did not bought a third disc Big smile

And for those who wonder, my pseudo has nothing to do with the valorous Croatian captain.

Originally posted by tszirmay tszirmay wrote:

playing together, not exactly a French attribute

Could you develop, please? Smile

Avec grand plaisir, mon ami! Do you not remember the terrible Domenech period where the players were scandalized and rebelled ? And before 1998, when Cantona was treated like dirt by the FFF? How about Evra, Anelka and company? Thankfully only the hapless Dutch are a sadder lot! 
I never post anything anywhere without doing more than basic research, often in depth.
twseel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twseel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2018 at 16:16
^oof, harsh but true
Modrigue View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Modrigue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2018 at 02:32

Originally posted by Modrigue Modrigue wrote:

playing together, not exactly a French attribute

Could you develop, please? Smile

Avec grand plaisir, mon ami! Do you not remember the terrible Domenech period where the players were scandalized and rebelled ? And before 1998, when Cantona was treated like dirt by the FFF? How about Evra, Anelka and company? Thankfully only the hapless Dutch are a sadder lot! 

Unfortunately yes, I remember the Knysna 2010 world cup with the infamous behavior of the French overpaid footballers who didn't even go out of their bus and take their earphones out to say hello to the children who travel a long way to see their team.

Didier Deschamps removed the troublemakers, as he did in 1998 when he was captain, preventing characterial divas Cantona and Ginola from disturbing the French team by playing too personal.

Our 2018 team are young, do not have established superstars such as Messi, Modric or Neymar, but has managed to play and create occasions collectively. So you see, not playing together is not particularly a French attribute Wink

This young generation of champions StarStar makes us forget the international shame brought by the previous thug generation of Anelka, Benzema, Evra, etc..., and their excesses...

Edited by Modrigue - July 17 2018 at 03:47
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678