Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General Polls
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - If the Presidential Election was held tomorrow?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

If the Presidential Election was held tomorrow?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Poll Question: If the Presidential Election was tomorrow would Trump be reelected?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
4 [17.39%]
3 [13.04%]
7 [30.43%]
3 [13.04%]
6 [26.09%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: If the Presidential Election was held tomorrow?
    Posted: July 02 2018 at 12:56
If the next US Presidential Election was held tomorrow, would Donald Trump be reelected? 
Argo2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argo2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2018 at 14:59
I hope not but I don't know anymore. Feels like America went crazy. 
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2018 at 15:02
I would say definitely not. There's a lot of folks who won't admit it publicly, but they're embarrassed as hell over their vote. That, and had the Democrats fielded any candidate other than Hillary (like Biden, for instance), we wouldn't even be having this discussion.
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2018 at 17:09
I'd hope not, I fear so. 
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2018 at 18:28
With a decent DEM candidate,,,not likely.....but never underestimate the stupidity (and bigotry) of American voters.
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
Jonathan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2018 at 01:16
No, Especially not if he has a Primary Challenger or Challengers that either are NeverTrump Republicans like John Kasich or Alt Right Loonies like Steve Bannon or Don Blankenship. (I've heard rumors of them possibly doing this.)
 Trump would most likely win the Primary but the supporters of the Primary Challengers would then either stay home and not vote, vote for the Democrat, or even vote for a Third Party/Independent Candidate.
It's what happened to Herbert Hoover, Gerald Ford, Jimmy Carter, and Bush Sr.
They all lost in part because of Primary Challengers like Joseph I. France, Ronald Reagan, Ted Kennedy, and Pat Buchannon.
(I've even heard rumors of Mike Pence thinking about Challenging Trump because Pence started his own SuperPAC which is unusual for a Vice President to do.)
And also especially if a Third Party/Independent Candidate runs against him like possibly Don Blankenship running with the Constitution Party.

Edited by Jonathan - July 03 2018 at 01:20
"Do not do to others as you don't want done to yourself."- Confucius
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2018 at 12:22
With the 43% approval rating that Trump currently has, I would have to say so yes unfortunately.
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2018 at 13:58
Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

With the 43% approval rating that Trump currently has, I would have to say so yes unfortunately.

Considering only 58% of eligible voters went to the polls in 2016, that 43% is not really quantifiable. Many of those who approve of him have trouble counting the few teeth in their heads, let alone actually vote.
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2018 at 15:45
I certainly won't be shocked if he wins reelection in 2020. 
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Prog Sothoth View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prog Sothoth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2018 at 21:16
Man I wish Alton Brown would run for president; I want good eats dammit!
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2018 at 21:29

So, in a bipartisan report, both Republicans and Democrats on the Senate Intelligence Committee all agree that the Russians attacked the U.S. 2016 election in favor of Trump. The CIA, FBI and NSA also all agreed when they assessed that "Putin and the Russian Government aspired to help President-elect Trump’s election chances when possible by discrediting Secretary Clinton and publicly contrasting her unfavorably to him." 

The only one who will not admit it is Trump himself. And as president, he is the one who is supposed to coordinate the defense of our democracy. He refuses to do so. Vote November 6th.

Here is a very good encapsulation of the agreement of the bipartisan senate committee and every U.S. intelligence agency, as opposed to the sham ran by Trump Quisling Devin "I ain't hidin' behind this bush" Nunes. The article is aptly titled, "Bipartisan Senate Panel Gives Middle Finger to Devin Nunes".

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2018 at 17:25
Trump angrily decides to invade Venezuela when his aides notify him Puerto Rico is already a U.S. territory.

Frenetic Zetetic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frenetic Zetetic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2018 at 17:37
I'm willing to bet he's in for another four years.

"I am so prog, I listen to concept albums on shuffle." -KMac2021
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2018 at 09:22
Originally posted by The Dark Elf The Dark Elf wrote:

Considering only 58% of eligible voters went to the polls in 2016, that 43% is not really quantifiable. Many of those who approve of him have trouble counting the few teeth in their heads, let alone actually vote.
I hear you, but 43% of the 58% that votes still gets him in.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2018 at 11:08

Mathematics, my dear, mathematics. If only 58% of the population votes, and of that number only 43% vote for Trump, that's still 57% voting against him. To put it in perspective, Obama got 51.19% of the vote and Romney 47.32% of the vote in 2012. Obama won by 5 million votes.

Unless you plan on resurrecting Ross Perot.
rogerthat View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rogerthat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2018 at 22:54

Mathematics, my dear, mathematics. If only 58% of the population votes, and of that number only 43% vote for Trump, that's still 57% voting against him. To put it in perspective, Obama got 51.19% of the vote and Romney 47.32% of the vote in 2012. Obama won by 5 million votes.

Unless you plan on resurrecting Ross Perot.

But if a large chunk of that 57% comes from Calif and New York?  We have seen this movie before and not long ago either. What will it take for Democrats to rebuild the Lost Blue Wall in the Midwest, is the question.
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2018 at 04:17
Yes, numbers don't lie, but it's not a full 57% on the other side that will vote against Trump. Some will vote for some other party's candidate or just not vote at all like in the last election.
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2018 at 08:27
Trump only squeeked by last time due to the Electoral College...he lost the popular vote.
It still amazes me that people voted for such an obnoxious person but if the Dems get a decent candidate I think Trump would lose. 
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2018 at 09:10
Originally posted by dr wu23 dr wu23 wrote:

Trump only squeeked by last time due to the Electoral College...he lost the popular vote.
It still amazes me that people voted for such an obnoxious person but if the Dems get a decent candidate I think Trump would lose. 
I can't say that it amazes me but perhaps I'm jaded. Anyhow, if blacks and Latinos don't vote in numbers the next time around and if millennials still bemoan the loss of Bernie and don't vote, we'll be in the same pickle. Perhaps if some people lose some liberal rights like legal abortion then maybe people will wake from their coma.
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2018 at 09:33
Mention 5 democrats whom could outsmart, outtalk, outmanouver and outwit Trump and hes media talkskill. One need to find a tachtique and dont act like smartasses cause els Trump will win. One needs the wit of Stephen Colbert, the stature of Schwartzenegger, the political toughness of Sandars, then you will beat Trump
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>