Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General Polls
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - If the Presidential Election was held tomorrow?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

If the Presidential Election was held tomorrow?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Poll Question: If the Presidential Election was tomorrow would Trump be reelected?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
4 [17.39%]
3 [13.04%]
7 [30.43%]
3 [13.04%]
6 [26.09%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vompatti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2018 at 11:51
I'd vote for McAfee over Trump.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2018 at 15:00
Originally posted by Icarium Icarium wrote:

Mention 5 democrats whom could outsmart, outtalk, outmanouver and outwit Trump and hes media talkskill. One need to find a tachtique and dont act like smartasses cause els Trump will win. One needs the wit of Stephen Colbert, the stature of Schwartzenegger, the political toughness of Sandars, then you will beat Trump

5?? Mention one.....LOL. The Bern is super weak, love his passion but he's done. The biggest plus Trump has going for him is he is more a business man than a politician, and international business too. He has more contacts around the world than any previous politician has ever dreamed of having, and vision.....I saw a 20+yr old TV piece of him on Oprah and even then he was saying how the US was being taken advantage of by NATO, it just needs to be fixed.

I'm not sure he will win again if he runs, but right now, today not sure who could beat him. We will see in a couple yrs, but with all the bitchin and moanin going on I would be shocked if he wins a 2nd term.
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2018 at 16:26
You know...it gets a little funny when people trump Trump's business background. Here's a man who has had multiple Chapter 11's and bankruptcies and failures of various branded  products. It's claimed he owes everyone money and is in hock when it comes to many dealings and has pimped over many ( it's no secret he has a bad rep with business people in New York...) and has had many lawsuits both started by him and against him. And there are reasons to believe he's in league with many Russian business partners..not all of them above board.
He was given a large stake by his father to get going and his fathers many connections. I think most of us with half a brain could have parlayed that into more money.
Having said all of that , he is 'bullish' on America which is a good thing, but at the same time he's an obnoxious egotistical person who pisses people off including old friends. He is also catering to the Evangelical and hard right to get support which imho is a bad thing. We don't need that kind of Neanderthal thinking as we move forward into the 21st century.
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
Easy Money View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Easy Money Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2018 at 17:10
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

Mention 5 democrats whom could outsmart, outtalk, outmanouver and outwit Trump and hes media talkskill. One need to find a tachtique and dont act like smartasses cause els Trump will win. One needs the wit of Stephen Colbert, the stature of Schwartzenegger, the political toughness of Sandars, then you will beat Trump

5?? Mention one.....LOL. The Bern is super weak, love his passion but he's done. The biggest plus Trump has going for him is he is more a business man than a politician, and international business too. He has more contacts around the world than any previous politician has ever dreamed of having, and vision.....I saw a 20+yr old TV piece of him on Oprah and even then he was saying how the US was being taken advantage of by NATO, it just needs to be fixed.

I'm not sure he will win again if he runs, but right now, today not sure who could beat him. We will see in a couple yrs, but with all the bitchin and moanin going on I would be shocked if he wins a 2nd term.

Name one country he has good relations with, besides our enemy, Russia.
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2018 at 18:58
^ North Korea.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Easy Money Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2018 at 19:56
^ yes, apparently he is in like company with dictators.
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2018 at 22:00
He definitely looks like a wannabe dictator.

But we all know it will never happen for him, fortunately.
rogerthat View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rogerthat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2018 at 00:14
Originally posted by Barbu Barbu wrote:

He definitely looks like a wannabe dictator.

But we all know it will never happen for him, fortunately.

Know that how? If the GOP keeps rolling over, Trump may do as he pleases. I am watching the once self professedly democratic BJP roll over for Modi. It's come down to cabinet rank ministers garlanding lynch convicts. Politicians play only one game and that is the game of winning elections. And they will back a winner to the hilt and at any price. The people have to vote down the Trumps and Modis of the world. We are accountable for the leaders we choose.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2018 at 11:05
Originally posted by Easy Money Easy Money wrote:

Name one country he has good relations with, besides our enemy, Russia.

It seems you need to re-read my post. I never said he has "good relations" with anyone. Simply stated as a business man he has contacts all over the world. Whether they are contacts that like him or not, or if Trump even considers them good relationships, none of us would have a clue.
I think more people will respect a business person for their accomplishments, before they respect a politician for who knows what they do...

Being in business and also international business exposes you to all aspects of the law and also the inner workings of politics in the US as well as other countries. More so than any career politician would hope to be exposed to.

Besides the point, I still struggle to believe he will be elected a 2nd term.....Although, if the Dems keep up their bitchin and moanin, voters could react and call them on it come 2020. Most of the bitchin is with empty calories. Schumer really needs to chill and listen back to what he is saying.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Easy Money Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2018 at 11:48
^ "Dems" aren't the only ones complaining, I know plenty of Republicans and independents who think he is an immature morally corrupt con artist.
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2018 at 14:16
Trump is the Mr. Rogers of dictators.   Which is to say I'd take him over Mussolini, Noriega, or Kim Jong Il -

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2018 at 14:22
Therein lies the problem.  There isn't a viable Democrat or Independent candidate to oppose him at this time.  Quite frankly, the best chance to overthrow him would be if there were to be a Republican primary and even then I'm not sure if that would necessarily be an improvement.  Pence and Cruz may be less obnoxious people but their politics are far worse than Trump's. 
Argo2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argo2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2018 at 14:43
^ Hopefully someone can emerge in the next few years who can defeat him. Hilary had a world of sh*t flying around her just before the election that was impossible to overcome. If someone emerges that the right can't
 demonize so easily may be America comes to it's seances and elects them. 
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2018 at 15:17
Originally posted by rushfan4 rushfan4 wrote:

Therein lies the problem.  There isn't a viable Democrat or Independent candidate to oppose him at this time.  Quite frankly, the best chance to overthrow him would be if there were to be a Republican primary and even then I'm not sure if that would necessarily be an improvement.  Pence and Cruz may be less obnoxious people but their politics are far worse than Trump's. 
Yes, but what will Repubs like Pence and Cruz act like after Trump slinks away, having set a precedent?
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2018 at 15:26
Pence would behave presidentially.  As much as I disagree with his religious beliefs as a political tool, he does come across as a mature/presidential individual.  Cruz, on the other hand, is a bit obnoxious and I can see him behaving moreso as a result of the precedent set by the current president.
Blacksword View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blacksword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2018 at 04:05
Probably.

He's not even done one term yet, so those who voted for him are unlikely to change their minds so early. They would want time to see if his policies have the effect he said they would when he campaigned on them.

As for the more undesirable traits of character he possesses, and the apparent lack of intellect, there's little evidence to suggest that people really care about these things, beyond the liberal/left and the mainstream media,and those folks never supported him anyway.

Edited by Blacksword - July 12 2018 at 04:06
Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy!
twseel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twseel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2018 at 09:40

Being in business and also international business exposes you to all aspects of the law and also the inner workings of politics in the US as well as other countries. More so than any career politician would hope to be exposed to.

No, you get to deal with financial and trade law, but you don't get to know anything about the people in those countries or in your own country, and the laws which influence their lives. A career politician actually studies those laws like all others, and they study the attitudes of the people to many political issues.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2018 at 14:55
Originally posted by rushfan4 rushfan4 wrote:

I think you are not picking up what is going on Scott.  There isn't a viable MODERATE Democrat or independent to oppose him.

Much as the Republican Party shifted hard to the right IMO one has to be blind to not see that the Democratic Party has begun the shift to the left.  One can point to all the obvious results of Trump being elected. 

The death of the mainstream moderate Republican Party is the obvious one.  What may not be so obvious is the rise of the far left as a major player in the Democratic Party.

And one of the real effects of Trump may be destroying the notion that a far left candidate is unelectable.  Given a choice between Trump and ..  let's pick 'Liz Warren out of a hat so I think she''ll run, get the nomination (in a crowded primary field very similar to the Republican 2016 Primary in that if you have the passion of the a part of the party, the rest will split the remaining) and I do think she CAN win and unless Trump starts a war, she'll likely win.  Why?

Was every Trump voter a f**king ignorant racist, bigoted, bible beating southern redneck.  Of course not, it is just that every racist, bigotted intolerant f**k DID vote for him haha. What of those others that voted for him?

Many just wanted a change for the status quo which Hillary represented. One can argue if Trump has given them reason to get their vote again.  A lot IMO will depend on how badly his trade war blows up in his face.

Assume as many do that his list of accomplishments going into 2020 are red meat social issues, a tax break for the rich, and diminishing (if not wrecking completely) the great economy he inherited from Obama.

So if Warren can siphon any significant fraction of those votes, she crushes Trump.  Trump barely won, he needs keep pretty much all that voted for him, and hope the Democrats put a highly unlikeable corporate stooge like Hillary up again. Trump won the election by playing the populist card, even though anyone with a brain knew he didn't give a sh*t about the 'common man'.  Warren though, has made a career standing up for the little guy and against the big corporations.

The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2018 at 15:20
Frankly, I can't see Elizabeth Warren beating Trump.  With all of his Pocahontas rants, if she were to be his opponent his voters will all return in force.  As a lifelong Democrat, I am quite unhappy with the direction that the Democratic party has taken.  (Not happy with the direction that the Republican party has taken either).  I would really like to see a centrist candidate emerge that would be able to unite the moderate democrats and republicans.  (I'm not sure if this is even possible). 
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2018 at 16:43
Pocahontas twitter riff''s?  Come on Scott. I'm talking about the rational Trump voter, who voted based not on ignorance or hate but out of economic concern, not the social politics morons and teenagers that think silly insults matter or are becoming a President of the United States.

Look at it rationally.  Trump is pretty much hard capped in the 40's.  Those that love Trump now, loved him then.  I can probably count on 1 hand how many Hillary voters, or those that didn't vote at all that would suddenly..  support him and what he is doing. I've give Trump credit for one thing. He was no phony.  He campaigned as a smug, unintelligent jerk who had no empathy, heart, or experience for the job.  He remained true to that. Credit him for that. But how many do you really think have changed their minds thinking it was unacceptable and unbecoming as a candidate to lead this country but as President. He has been a f**king embarssment to all but his core supporters.

He only wins in 2020 if the Democrats put up another corporate centrist which depresses the enthusiasm and young and left leaning voters.

That is why Warren can win... IMO will win.  She can do what Hillary did not do,  fire up voters, and unlike Trump. She is genuinely a populist who doesn't tell people what they want to hear but has a record of doing so. Why do you think Trump has run so hard at her, he knows .. or more like the few smart people he keeps around him know what I am saying here. Trump will beat a moderate Democrat, he will have big problems with a true left wing populist who can take back a part of the working class that the Democrats lost because of people like Hillary Clinton. Love her and that ass I do, her and the old Clinton strategy had their time, it is new political reality now.  Many are seeing it Scott and yes it is going to leave moderate Democrats as much without a party as the almost now extinct moderate wing of the Republican Party.

As you might have remembered way back in the 2016 political threads. This is nothing new,  Bernie.. Trump.. both parties are moving to the extremes.  The middle will soon find itself with a party until a new one forms.  Given the current course and dead end politics of the Republican Party I suspect we will see the end of the Republican Party in the decades to come, perhaps our lifetimes and out of it's ashes as a 2nd party in this country a more centrist party to combat the more left leaning Democratic Party.
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>