Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mort Garson CD reissues!! Lucifer and Ataraxia

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luciraxia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mort Garson CD reissues!! Lucifer and Ataraxia
    Posted: July 05 2018 at 03:40
Never give up hope. The two Mort Garson occult themed albums have recently been released on CD from original master tapes! These are official reissues, not some shady imported needle drop. Ataraxia came out a couple of months ago but Lucifer just came out last week, and I just got my hands on it. Brilliant! I guess these are very limited reissues with only 1000 copies having been pressed, so go grab a copy or two at www.rubellanremasters.com
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2018 at 04:04
Great news! I recently bought a vinyl reissue of Lucifer but it doesn't sound very good. I hope Plantasia is in their plans too.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2018 at 04:16
Just ordered it Wink
luciraxia View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote luciraxia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2018 at 05:40
No worries about sound quality on these, they sound spectacular! They are even offering a discount if you buy both CD's at once:

https://www.rubellanremasters.com/mort-garson-two-fer

Considering the cost of the old beat up used vinyl, especially Ataraxia, this is a steal. They also added the original album notes in the CD foldout and based the CD label designs on the original LP's. Very nice.

I've asked before about Plantasia. They said that the rights owner is a mystery but it may be Mort's daughter, who is not very interested in her father's electronic work. So that one may be lost other than those bad quality bootlegs that have been around the past few years.
Raccoon View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raccoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2018 at 05:20
Originally posted by luciraxia luciraxia wrote:

No worries about sound quality on these, they sound spectacular! They are even offering a discount if you buy both CD's at once:

https://www.rubellanremasters.com/mort-garson-two-fer

Considering the cost of the old beat up used vinyl, especially Ataraxia, this is a steal. They also added the original album notes in the CD foldout and based the CD label designs on the original LP's. Very nice.

I've asked before about Plantasia. They said that the rights owner is a mystery but it may be Mort's daughter, who is not very interested in her father's electronic work. So that one may be lost other than those bad quality bootlegs that have been around the past few years.

I was gonna message them about a potential Plantasia reissue. My CD version (the only cd release) isn't good,obvious a vinyl rip, and some moog parts are so far in the back you can almost hear them. It's some crap!

I bought the Ataraxia re-release on CD the first day it was put on Ebay. Couldn't believe it was true, an official release with nice notes and pics of Mort's massive Moog's. Cuz I certainly didn't wanna pay an arm and a leg for the album. 

One of my personal faves is the psych-album Cosmic Sounds from The Zodiac. Awesome to hear how clearly he influenced certain video game composers!
Raccoon View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raccoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2018 at 05:22
As for Lucifer, seems like you can get it cheap if you wait. Got a sealed 1st-press US release of it on vinyl from Ebay for $20. The Ataraxia was a godsend, though! That don't ever come cheap
luciraxia View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luciraxia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2018 at 12:53
I read on another forum some people were concerned these were not legit releases. I can confirm they most definitely are officially licensed factory pressed CD's, all from original master tapes. The label that put them out has been posting about the challenges working with the major labels on getting CD's released for this new label. There are two threads going back a year, and it's been fascinating and frustrating reading about all the pitfalls and road blocks, but the efforts are paying off with great quality products. I'm supporting anything they release. Labels like this need that to keep going. Here's a link to the most recent thread.

http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/new-classic-alt-reissue-label-rubellan-remasters-now-open-for-business.748331/

Edited by luciraxia - July 13 2018 at 12:56
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2018 at 10:44
I got my copies the other day. From what I heard it sounds great, sooo much better than my vinyl copy... which I already sold Tongue
 Post Reply Post Reply