Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - intense. emotionally, vocally progressive stuff.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

intense. emotionally, vocally progressive stuff.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GorgonZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: intense. emotionally, vocally progressive stuff.
    Posted: July 06 2018 at 05:34
hey i'm new and stuff. this is a suggest me music thread. so yeah. i had enough instrumentally progressive stuff. you know, you are a guitar guy you play it progressively. you make the guitar cry or whatever. i don't want that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GgkrOp9Xwo

all kinds of genres thrown into one song. there are melancholic parts, there are energetic parts also etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbC7q2zD0rE

in this one i like vocals very, very much. she is so intense and she kinda force her voice to the limit progressively.

so the theme is unique ways of being progressive. the more obscure the sh*t you suggest the better. suggest me something and tell me how do you think they are being progressively progressive. if you know what i mean. if stupid, don't answer. just kidding or am i?

thanks in advance.
BaldFriede View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldFriede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2018 at 05:56

BaldJean and I; I am the one in blue.
GorgonZ View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GorgonZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2018 at 06:13
at 3:20 of that van der graaf stuff, for 10 secs, you kinda came close.
I prophesy disaster View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote I prophesy disaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2018 at 07:00
Originally posted by GorgonZ GorgonZ wrote:

at 3:20 of that van der graaf stuff, for 10 secs, you kinda came close.

Perhaps you should listen to the rest of Pawn Hearts and see what you think.

No, I know how to behave in the restaurant now, I don't tear at the meat with my hands. If I've become a man of the world somehow, that's not necessarily to say I'm a worldly man.
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2018 at 07:15
Come on people! He is asking for music in the vein of the two vids he posted and you suggest him some Van Damme Generator? That's like going online asking for recs similar to Yes' Close To The Edge and folks directing you towards Kate Bush.

Maybe try:
Bent Knee - Shiny Eyed Babies
Gorguts - Obscura
Ephel Duath - The Painter's Palette
Seven Impale - City Of The Sun
PiNiol - Bran Cocou
Kayo Dot - Hubardo

Plenty more where they came from:)

Edited by Guldbamsen - July 06 2018 at 07:16
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
BaldFriede View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldFriede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2018 at 07:51
Originally posted by Guldbamsen Guldbamsen wrote:

Come on people! He is asking for music in the vein of the two vids he posted and you suggest him some Van Damme Generator? That's like going online asking for recs similar to Yes' Close To The Edge and folks directing you towards Kate Bush.

He wanted intense, emotionally, vocally progressive stuff, and VdGG are the first that come to my mind there.

But alright, let's give him something else:

These are all intense, emotionally, vocally progressive tracks.

BaldJean and I; I am the one in blue.
BaldJean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldJean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2018 at 08:01
Friede is being mild-mannered, but I say feed him to the lions:

Edited by BaldJean - July 06 2018 at 08:14

A shot of me as High Priestess of Gaia during our fall festival. Ceterum censeo principiis obsta
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2018 at 08:14
Sure that is the text, but did you listen to the two vids he posted?
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
BaldJean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldJean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2018 at 08:28
we certainly did. but he said "so the theme is unique ways of being progressive". and I actually do not think VdGG are so far away from what he presented

Edited by BaldJean - July 06 2018 at 08:37

A shot of me as High Priestess of Gaia during our fall festival. Ceterum censeo principiis obsta
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2018 at 08:44
Alright then.
I get what you're saying I just don't understand the reasoning. Maybe it's just me, but when new members join up who are overtly into modern prog/metal/death metal, I just don't understand why one would recommend old school prog and Krautrock straight off the bat.
I'd start by finding some music that seems like a close cousin to what the person already knows and loves and then build from there...or at the very least something in the same ballpark. Plenty of time to widen one's horizon.

Edited by Guldbamsen - July 06 2018 at 08:46

- Douglas Adams
BaldJean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldJean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2018 at 09:05
I am of the opposite opinion. why give him the kind of stuff he already knows? he wants to expand his mind, so give him something he has to chew on

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2018 at 09:08
Coolio. I'll remember to recommend you guys some black metal then
Give you something to chew on.

- Douglas Adams
BaldJean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldJean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2018 at 09:15
Originally posted by Guldbamsen Guldbamsen wrote:

Coolio. I'll remember to recommend you guys some black metal then
Give you something to chew on.

we like this very much, so I don't think it would be much to chew on for us:

Edited by BaldJean - July 06 2018 at 09:25

BaldJean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldJean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2018 at 10:17

I prophesy disaster View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote I prophesy disaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2018 at 10:17
How about something from The Residents:

No, I know how to behave in the restaurant now, I don't tear at the meat with my hands. If I've become a man of the world somehow, that's not necessarily to say I'm a worldly man.
GorgonZ View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GorgonZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2018 at 10:55
i am in the process of listening bent knee now and loving it. that max ernst painting in your avatar also a fav of mine so no wonder. anyhow, i will try everything posted here sooner or later. here is one more song i like for finetuning maybe:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpSQrqD76kc

BaldJean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldJean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2018 at 11:07
these are the most emotionally intense vocals I know in prog rock:

GorgonZ View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GorgonZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2018 at 11:24
gorguts definitely too technical. i don't like death metal in general. old amorphis was really good though. they were being "orientally progressive" even though from finland haha, full of killer riffs.

when it comes to black metal... drudkh is one of the very few bands i like.
BaldJean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldJean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2018 at 11:25
and now for something completely different Wink, but immensely intent: Waltraud Meier as Isolde in Wagner's "Tristan and Isolde" (sorry, I had to put this in here):

GorgonZ View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GorgonZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2018 at 11:41
Originally posted by BaldJean BaldJean wrote:

these are the most emotionally intense vocals I know in prog rock:

reminds me shy version of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIVWqn1AvAc

heh.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>