Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Welcome newbies!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hello from Belarus! Searching for friends

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trioll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello from Belarus! Searching for friends
    Posted: July 10 2018 at 06:20
Hello! I'm a girl from Minsk, and here we have almost no progfans. I believe that music taste tells a lot about persons way of life perception and thinking. That's why I'm looking for people who are on the same page with me to share our interests and thoughts. So let's get acquainted! 

My favourite bands are Riverside, Lunatic soul, Porcupine tree, Gazpacho, Grice, A Perfect Circle, Caligulas Horse, Agent Fresco, Leprous, Steven Wilson, Amarok, Earthside, Katatonia, Soen, Tesseract...generally most of melodic and soft progressive rock and metal. Also I like classic music: I've been listening a lot of Chopin and Debussy for the last time. 

And what are your favourites?

Edited by Trioll - July 10 2018 at 06:43
Argo2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Argo2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2018 at 07:29
Hello & welcome. If you like prog you've come to the right place. Enjoy the journey!
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2018 at 08:28
Nice to have you, Lia, you may well be the first girl from Belarus to come around.
Do you know the Polish band Millenium ? From your tastes, I bet you will like them ...
Trioll View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trioll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2018 at 09:36
Originally posted by Quinino Quinino wrote:

Nice to have you, Lia, you may well be the first girl from Belarus to come around.
Do you know the Polish band Millenium ? From your tastes, I bet you will like them ...

Thank you! Yes, I know them! Good band) Poland in general is very rich for good music) i've even thought of moving there just to have an opportunity go to the local concerts anytime :D

Edited by Trioll - July 10 2018 at 09:37
BaldJean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldJean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2018 at 14:14
hello. not many women in here; my wife and I (same-sex marriage) are some of the few counterexamples.

our tastes seem to be different though; we are not much interested in melodic prog and also not much into modern prog (with very few exceptions like The Red Masque and of course our own band Bald Angels); we are more into 70s prog, especially Krautrock, Space Rock, Eclectic, Zeuhl and RIO/Avant-Garde.

we definitely love classical music though (I am a trained classical pianist myself). my favorite composer by far is Johann Sebastian Bach, but I like lots of composers

Edited by BaldJean - July 10 2018 at 14:21

A shot of me as High Priestess of Gaia during our fall festival. Ceterum censeo principiis obsta
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2018 at 16:14
Great to have you ~

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
Trioll View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trioll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2018 at 00:43
Originally posted by BaldJean BaldJean wrote:

hello. not many women in here; my wife and I (same-sex marriage) are some of the few counterexamples.

our tastes seem to be different though; we are not much interested in melodic prog and also not much into modern prog (with very few exceptions like The Red Masque and of course our own band Bald Angels); we are more into 70s prog, especially Krautrock, Space Rock, Eclectic, Zeuhl and RIO/Avant-Garde.

we definitely love classical music though (I am a trained classical pianist myself). my favorite composer by far is Johann Sebastian Bach, but I like lots of composers

Wow! Seems you are really rare type of person) I think I'd never meet someone like you in 1000 km radius around my location)) very nice to meet you here
DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Avant/Cross/Neo/Post Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DamoXt7942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2018 at 00:55
Welcome. Any recommendation in Belarus? We're glad to have you ... enjoy here. Smile
Trioll View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trioll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2018 at 01:43
Originally posted by DamoXt7942 DamoXt7942 wrote:

Welcome. Any recommendation in Belarus? We're glad to have you ... enjoy here. Smile

Thank you! We don't have here any "clean" prog bands. But there's one band (the best in my opinion) called Re1ikt. They mix prog rock, post rock and native folk. These guys collect old belarussian songs from the villages and make cool rock songs from it. All in belorussian language. You can find their music on youtube and bandcamp.
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2018 at 02:23
Welcome! I'm a big fan of The Worm Ouroboros Big smile Looking at your favourite bands, I'm curious to know what you'd think of this: https://esferamusic.bandcamp.com/releases
DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Avant/Cross/Neo/Post Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DamoXt7942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2018 at 02:30
Oh yeah you can check prog combos from your nation hereThumbs Up
Vompatti View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vompatti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2018 at 02:40
^ Rational Diet are awesome k ;O
Trioll View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trioll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2018 at 03:19
Originally posted by Meltdowner Meltdowner wrote:

Welcome! I'm a big fan of The Worm Ouroboros Big smile Looking at your favourite bands, I'm curious to know what you'd think of this: https://esferamusic.bandcamp.com/releases

Oh, that's a very exact hit into my musical taste) thank you!
BaldFriede View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldFriede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2018 at 03:25
My wife BaldJean already said "hello" to you; let me do it too. Welcome to the site!

And by the way: If you wonder why we have no hair: We both have alopecia universalis, an autoimmune disorder that makes all hair fall out from head to toe, even the eyelashes and nostril hairs. We met in a self-help group.

BaldJean and I; I am the one in blue.
Trioll View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trioll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2018 at 03:36
Originally posted by DamoXt7942 DamoXt7942 wrote:

Oh yeah you can check prog combos from your nation hereThumbs Up

Oh yes, blackpaperplanes are pretty cool too, but I've always thought about them as a post rock band)
And Pesniary is kind of classic in Belarussian music history. 

Trioll View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trioll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2018 at 03:46
Originally posted by BaldFriede BaldFriede wrote:

My wife BaldJean already said "hello" to you; let me do it too. Welcome to the site!

And by the way: If you wonder why we have no hair: We both have alopecia universalis, an autoimmune disorder that makes all hair fall out from head to toe, even the eyelashes and nostril hairs. We met in a self-help group.

Nice! Thank you too!

Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2018 at 05:58
welcome

nice to see someone who enjoys some progressive metal :)
 Post Reply Post Reply