Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

African Head Charge for Psychedelic/Space Rock

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrafHaarschnitt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: African Head Charge for Psychedelic/Space Rock
    Posted: July 11 2018 at 09:53
I am sorry that this will be short and uninformative, but I had a long version and it just bugged away while captcha so I dont want to write it all again.

Psychedelic Dub from the 80s. Should be heard.

Listen to off the beaten track to see why I think this is prog.

https://africanheadcharge.bandcamp.com/

https://daily.bandcamp.com/2017/11/30/african-head-charge-feature/?utm_source=footer

I do like Language And Mentality quite a lot

The Graf

Edit: Whatever you think it is... Its worth a listen and I bet that its very interesting for every music lover!!
Edit: Just found Beri Beri... somewhat jazzy!! love it... a great discovery

Edited by GrafHaarschnitt - July 11 2018 at 10:00
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2018 at 01:27
Hi Benjamin

Been enjoying quite a bit of your suggestions but I strongly suspect you are confusing progressive music for prog rock. The latter is what this site concerns itself with. Also why we don't list progressive hip hop/classical/blues/trance/bluegrass/post-punk and so forth.
I strongly urge you to read up on PAs different genre classifications if you're set on suggesting more acts for the site. It'll probably spare you a great deal of work
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Mascodagama View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mascodagama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2018 at 02:40
Yeah, I have one African Head Charge album and it is light years away from fitting into PA. Experimental On-U-Sound dub isn't going to meet the criteria when even Bill Laswell has not found a home here...
Soldato of the Pan Head Mafia. We'll make you an offer you can't listen to.
Bandcamp Profile
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2018 at 02:53
I just ordered one
But yeah it'll probably be a while before PA starts including dub and reggae.
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
GrafHaarschnitt View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrafHaarschnitt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2018 at 06:14
Originally posted by Guldbamsen Guldbamsen wrote:

Hi Benjamin

Been enjoying quite a bit of your suggestions but I strongly suspect you are confusing progressive music for prog rock. The latter is what this site concerns itself with. Also why we don't list progressive hip hop/classical/blues/trance/bluegrass/post-punk and so forth.
I strongly urge you to read up on PAs different genre classifications if you're set on suggesting more acts for the site. It'll probably spare you a great deal of work

Am not entirely confusing (I mean its called Progressive Music Lounges you should change that xD) but for sure that one and the cosmo Sheldrake one were a bit far fetched and the rock ingredient missing quite a bit. Although I have to admit some of the avant chamber bands on this site may be at least controversial, or much of the indo/raga section (with no rock whatsoever) or some prog electronic. As Ive already been two years on this site prior to signing up, I read those genre classifications to death (not native; can I say it that way?). Was just hoping to bring a little more dub/reggae to this site : D. What do you think of the three math bands that I suggested on the same day? Not much love for them... Or even a single answer xD.
 Post Reply Post Reply