Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Welcome newbies!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Progressive greetings from Norway!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Around the Sun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Progressive greetings from Norway!
    Posted: July 14 2018 at 15:08
Hello everyone! Thought I'd finally join Prog Archives, after spending some time here through the years. Great, great website!
I'm from Norway, and have been a big fan of progressive rock for nearly 20 years now. The flame is still burning, and I guess it always will be. My preferance is mainly 70's prog, but I really like some of the 'newer' bands as well. Would like to get more updated on today's prog scene, really, and of course meet fellow progsters (that certainly doesn't happen often in my everyday life, although I do have one good friend and music lover here in Oslo that I have made a fan of 70's King Crimson!)
Anders
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2018 at 15:22
Hello welcome to Prog Arvhives, place of the wierd, quirky and magnificant. You might want to check White Willow, good Norwegian prog with cool, serene sound.
Around the Sun View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Around the Sun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2018 at 14:06
Thanks. I have their third album, 'Sacrament'. Fantastic album!
That's the only WW album I've heard so far, but I will check out this band more closely. How is their other stuff, compared to Sacrament?
Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2018 at 22:16
Welcome, neighbor! Smile

Great to have more people here from Nordic Countries, there really are not too many of us!

About Norwegian prog I like Popol Vuh & Høst.

King Crimson has long been one of my biggest prog faves, just like Pink Floyd, Jethro Tull and Finnish band Wigwam.
 Post Reply Post Reply