2 [1.63%]
12 [9.76%]
4 [3.25%]
35 [28.46%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scorpius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2018 at 10:15
DP over Moody Blues and Zeppelin, but only barely. I love Tull, but I just think those other 3 bands had a larger body of stronger material, whereas Tull has about 5 albums I can actually listen to and the rest seem generic and bland.
The most dangerous man in America.
miamiscot View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miamiscot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2018 at 07:55
I would have voted for Tull but they are obviously going to win this so...

CHICAGO!!!
Blacksword View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blacksword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2018 at 08:01
Zep!

Moody Blues and Sabbath come in a very close joint second.
Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy!
philipemery View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philipemery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2018 at 08:05
Jethro Tull, because the rest of those bore me... and even Jethro Tull doesn't keep my interest longer than a few minutes.
But the sun is eclipsed by the moon. -- Pink Floyd
Junges View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Junges Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2018 at 08:48
Very easy. Black Sabbath.
Saperlipopette! View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saperlipopette! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2018 at 10:21
Originally posted by Argo2112 Argo2112 wrote:

I'm going to throw ELO some love. Lots of good choices here but I always liked what ELO did by bringing the string section in to the mix, especially on there first 4 or 5 albums. 
I love ELO all the way up to and including Time. Progressive or not from 1971 to 1981 they made so many classic pop-songs that I'll never tire of so they'll got my vote as well. 
Argo2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argo2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2018 at 10:29
Originally posted by Saperlipopette! Saperlipopette! wrote:

Originally posted by Argo2112 Argo2112 wrote:

I'm going to throw ELO some love. Lots of good choices here but I always liked what ELO did by bringing the string section in to the mix, especially on there first 4 or 5 albums. 
I love ELO all the way up to and including Time. Progressive or not from 1971 to 1981 they made so many classic pop-songs that I'll never tire of so they'll got my vote as well. 
   I thought they peaked around Eldorado & Face the Music but I like some of the stuff from New World Record   &  Out of the Blue. After that they lost me. 
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2018 at 14:05
A very easy poll.

JT
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dellinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2018 at 20:16
Originally posted by Dellinger Dellinger wrote:

Being a prog site, it isn't really a hard poll at all. Jethro Tull indeed were easy to take it. As for me, I do have a bit of a hard time choosing between Led Zeppelin, The Moody Blues, and Jethro Tull themselves.

OK, since I can't choose, and The Moody Blues are so far behind, I'll be giving them my vote.
Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2018 at 22:23
Originally posted by philipemery philipemery wrote:

Jethro Tull, because the rest of those bore me... and even Jethro Tull doesn't keep my interest longer than a few minutes.
I am curious to hear your faves if those on list bores you.
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2018 at 07:29
Trax by T.Rex is a brilliant Mellotron album played by Paul Viscanti
Jeffro View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeffro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2018 at 07:49
This is a hard poll. I went with the band that has the most songs that I like, and that's Zeppelin.

Black Sabbath and Tull would tied for second (however, Tull may someday be # 1 as I explore more of their music). 
Chicago comes next but only the earlier stuff
After that would be BOC, a band that I've always wanted to like but other than a handful of songs, doesn't do much for me. 

The rest are whatever.

Edited by Jeffro - July 18 2018 at 07:52
Boojieboy View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boojieboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2018 at 13:41
Chuckling at the inclusion of Chicago, Led Zep, and T-Rex in the poll. Black Sabbath too, though it's fun in some way to include them.

I'll vote based on longevity, having listened to most of these groups for decades. The Moodies and BOC still sound the freshest to me after all these years.

Edited by Boojieboy - July 18 2018 at 13:43
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2018 at 15:47
BOC no doubt... lyrically a grade A band. One of the very few in existence in my book and musically...

whew.. from the first album to the last.  Absolutely killer stuff with very little filler. One of those bands whom 'greatest hits' do zero justice for. Their best are not what are found on those, one of those few bands whose best was just a bit over the head of the average music listener.
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Mellotron Storm View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mellotron Storm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2018 at 18:00
Sabbath and Zep by far over the rest, went with the former.
"The wind is slowly tearing her apart"

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2018 at 18:11
Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

BOC no doubt... lyrically a grade A band. One of the very few in existence in my book and musically...

whew.. from the first album to the last.  Absolutely killer stuff with very little filler. One of those bands whom 'greatest hits' do zero justice for. Their best are not what are found on those, one of those few bands whose best was just a bit over the head of the average music listener.

Curse of the Hidden Mirror was phenomenal. I held out hope for another studio album, but I don't think it's happening.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2018 at 18:25
hell yeah, great album, and yeah I hope and dream to see another from them but I don't see it either.
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2018 at 20:42
Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

hell yeah, great album, and yeah I hope and dream to see another from them but I don't see it either.

Black and Blue (BOC and Sabbath) was a helluva concert in 1980. Eric Bloom (or was it Buck Dharma?) drove a Harley onto the stage and the madness began. Ronnie James Dio was great with Sabbath as well. The guy was like 4 foot tall. They had to get him one of those metal milk crates to stand on just to reach the mic.

Edited by The Dark Elf - July 18 2018 at 20:43
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
YESESIS View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YESESIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2018 at 15:32
Saw T. Rex and knew instantly where my vote was going. Terribly underrated band imo. 
AEProgman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AEProgman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2018 at 16:52
I never tire of the Ozzy Sabbath era albums, even the last couple, though no where as good as the ones before.  Of course the first 4 are all almost classics, but I find SBS and Sabotage just about my favorites now.

Zep and BOC are close behind.  Tull, I have to be in the mood to listen.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>