2 [1.63%]
12 [9.76%]
4 [3.25%]
35 [28.46%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2018 at 00:12
Originally posted by Cambus741 Cambus741 wrote:

I'm not saying anything is wrong with those albums at all.
Indeed when one considers the great musicianship that was in Deep Purple, how could myself, who cannot play a musical instrument, let alone create any original music, even begin to criticize a band like Deep Purple.

It is more that my taste drifted away from hard rock to progressive rock over the years.  plus I'm more inclined to listen to contemporary progressive rock as opposed to albums recorded in the 70s
Well, I think itīs ok to you to say In Rock great and others not. Itīs just I donīt hear lots of difference in In Rock, Fireball, Machine Head and Made In Japan, so I think everyone who loves In Rock most probably at least like also those albums. But of course, I also canīt always explain why I like some album and why not some other.

Deep Purple hasnīt ever been my biggest favourite, but I have listened and also bought almost all their seventies albums, the main reason is that one guy sold them to me very cheap years ago.
King Crimson776 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King Crimson776 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2018 at 07:22
1. The Moody Blues
2. Jethro Tull
3. Procol Harum
4. Electric Light Orchestra
5. Blue Oyster Cult

6. Black Sabbath
7. Led Zeppelin
8. Deep Purple
9. Chicago
10. T-Rex
A Crimson Mellotron View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Crimson Mellotron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2020 at 06:11
Led Zep for me in this very hard poll!
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2020 at 06:20
I thought this was a new poll until I noticed it was posted on July 15th 2018. It is a hard poll, but it's all A Question of Balance, and on that note, I vote for The Moody Blues. Smile
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2020 at 09:46
A very hard poll? As Michael Scott would say "that's what she said." Anyway, yes it is actually but I went with the Moodies since they need more votes. After that it would be JT, then LZ then BS for me. 
ProfPanglos View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProfPanglos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2020 at 18:57
Tull.

Deep Purple & Sabbath made me stop and ponder a bit... but Tull for sure. 
nick_h_nz View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Prog Metal / Heavy Prog Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nick_h_nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2020 at 00:15
it’s funny that’s what is hard for some, is easy for others.

Sabbath is a no-brainier for me. It was my initial reaction, but just before I cast my vote I did pause for thought. After all, the only Sabbath albums I really love are the first six - although 13 comes close, with a wave of nostalgia.

But then I realised that there’s not a band in this poll where I could not say similar. While I have plenty of bands and artists in my collection (perhaps even the majority) where I like all, or almost all, of what they’ve released; every band here I like only selected parts (generally a run of albums). So second thoughts cast aside, and my vote goes to Sabbath.

(For the record, Procol Harum is easily second, for me. The hard part of the poll for me being third place, but I think I’ll give that to The Moody Blies.)

iluvmarillion View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iluvmarillion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2020 at 15:44
Pretty easy one. Jethro Tull. If I was voting only on the first two albums I would switch my vote to Chicago.
The Anders View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Anders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2020 at 16:48
Out of these I think I like Deep Purple the most (the Mark II lineup).
HackettFan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HackettFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2020 at 17:15
Tull
A curse upon the heads of those who seek their fortunes in a lie. The truth is always waiting when there's nothing left to try. - Colin Henson, Jade Warrior (Now)
tigerfeet View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerfeet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2020 at 17:27
I like ELO the best as they Don't Bring Me Down
I'm sorry, if you were right, I'd agree with you. Robin Williams.
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dellinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2020 at 13:01
Led Zeppeling I guess, though it's very close with Jethro Tull, and The Moody Blues have their shining moments too.
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2021 at 05:01
Zeppelin>Tull>Sabbath>Purple>T-Rex
Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without music, life would be a mistake."

Music Is Live

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.

Keep Calm And Listen To The Music…
<
I prophesy disaster View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote I prophesy disaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2021 at 05:14
Not a hard poll for me. For me, there really is only one choice... Black Sabbath.

No, I know how to behave in the restaurant now, I don't tear at the meat with my hands. If I've become a man of the world somehow, that's not necessarily to say I'm a worldly man.
Hiram View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2021 at 05:23
Black Sabbath 
Tancos View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tancos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2021 at 05:28
Not difficult at all. Procol Harum, followed at a distance by Jethro Tull and Deep Purple.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234