Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Lowest Rated Movie on IMDB, thst you like

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2018 at 05:13
It's actually a rather funny movie. If you haven't seen it I heartily recommend you do...if only to experience the terminator in drag cracks me up every time.
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Aussie-Byrd-Brother View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2018 at 05:46
Originally posted by Guldbamsen Guldbamsen wrote:

Ahh Batman & Robin THE flick that positively turned me off the Batman franchise...and I wasn't even that old when it came out. Even as a teen I thought it was too much - though you must admit that it also sports an extravagant cartoonish universe that very much mimicks a certain Batman era. Problem is it lacks balls and the fear that later became the focal point of the Christian Bale fronted remakes.
For all its flaws and lacklustre Hollywood glitter it also sports some pretty funny one-liners from the former Austrian skijumper
I will however take Predator any day of the week to this dud.

Oh my LORD, David, `Batman and Robin' is AMAZING!

It's like a day-glo nightmare of Hollywood excess at its absolute worst! Such a guilty pleasure, I've watched it so many times, and I'd take it any day over the deadly serious Christopher Nolan Bat-films!

Actually, the only film that comes close to it would be Van Damme's `Streetfighter' for me! Even more campy colour and silly fun, with the added bonus of the action star at the absolute peak of his cocaine bender phase!       
rogerthat View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rogerthat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2018 at 09:11
I do find the Nolan trilogy progressively heavy to the point of becoming unwieldy.  Started nicely with the taut Batman Begins (my favourite of the bunch).  Then Heath Ledger saved Dark Knight.  Dark Knight Returns was just loud (thanks much Zimmer) and overlong.  And you do NOT cast sweet, dainty Ann Hathaway as Catwoman.  Not that she didn't do a competent job but she was just miscast. I preferred the Burton films, especially Batman Returns.  I liked how he gave everyone except Max Shrek a backstory, even Penguin.
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2018 at 09:48
Howard the Duck is a worse movie than Batman and Robin, both high budgeted movies.

Edited by Icarium - July 29 2018 at 09:49
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2018 at 04:15
Originally posted by rogerthat rogerthat wrote:

I do find the Nolan trilogy progressively heavy to the point of becoming unwieldy.  Started nicely with the taut Batman Begins (my favourite of the bunch).  Then Heath Ledger saved Dark Knight.  Dark Knight Returns was just loud (thanks much Zimmer) and overlong.  And you do NOT cast sweet, dainty Ann Hathaway as Catwoman.  Not that she didn't do a competent job but she was just miscast. I preferred the Burton films, especially Batman Returns.  I liked how he gave everyone except Max Shrek a backstory, even Penguin.

Yeah, I'm of the eras of the event that was the first Burton film, so that and his sequel are the go-to ones for me. At least they had colour, fun and humour in amongst the darkness. I can admire a lot of the Nolan flicks (and agree that the first one is the highlight), but they're quite dull, and even seem quite embarrassed to be based on comic books.

I too similarly don't regard `The Dark Knight' as the so-called `greatest comic book movie ever' either. Heath Ledger made that film much more memorable than it was, ad it has a handful of superb scenes, but did no one notice that it didn't even give audiences a showdown between Bats and the Joker in the finale?! Instead of an exciting confrontation, we got a dull diversion with a bunch of anonymous extras squabbling on a boat. When we could have Batman and Mr J slugging it out, we got the Joker setting lose a couple of dogs instead, and then just disappearing from the film! Pathetic!
Jeffro View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeffro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2018 at 04:42
Saperlipopette! View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saperlipopette! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2018 at 07:49
The list misses a lot of top notch crap as To be included on the list, a movie must receive ratings from at least 1,500 users. - which is quite a lot. But among these I've seen:

Jaws 3-D & Jaws: The Revenge - and they both f**kin' stunk
Exorcist II: The Heretic - probably saw it when I was 11 - got slightly scared and thought it was ok.
+half of The Hottie & the Nottie Embarrassed - just plain useless and dumb obviously, but harmless
The Room - pure genius... & finally:
Plan 9 from Outer Space - which I have a lot of genuine love for
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2018 at 10:14
The Room is hilarious -- it is the idiot savant of genius movies.

I love Plan 9, especially for the Amazing Criswell.

If you haven't seen Glen or Glenda?, Glen or Glenda is I think a real treat. It incongruously and wonderfully features Bela Lugosi.

Edited by Logan - August 02 2018 at 10:16
Just a fanboy passin' through.
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2018 at 18:09
I found the remake of the Beauty and the Beast to be an utter desaster i will check how it fared at IMDB,
...it got 7,2 i don't get that rating at all.
Upbeat Tango Monday View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Upbeat Tango Monday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2018 at 08:01
31. The Human Centipede III (score:3.3) EDIT: Nah, I rewatched it and it's garbage. Part 2 is somewhat passable.

39. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation (score:3.5) Now, this one I truly love. Campy as hell but, oh so satisfying. A particularly random scene shows the family eating and they all start fighting. Grandpa was there, sitting down all withered and motionless. Suddenly, the old fart gets up, picks up a knife and sprints out of the scene never to be seen again

I also like Freddy Got Fingered (score 4.5) One of the most surreal comedies ever made. A great scene shows Gord (Tom Green) telling a shrink that his father fingers his brother (hence the name of the movie). It was an utter lie that the psychologist believes completely even after the dude throws a bust against a window and jumps outside screaming and babbling.

Edited by Upbeat Tango Monday - August 13 2018 at 08:15
Two random guys agreed to shake hands. Just Because. They felt like it, you know. It was an agreement of sorts...a random agreement.
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2018 at 15:30
Not sure. Most of the ones that are rated low have those low ratings for a reason. I really like this move from about ten years ago or so(maybe more)called the Break up which stars Vince Vaughn and Jennifer Aniston. I think it's a good portrayal of an actual break up. I surprised to find it had a rather low rating(under 6.0). Some of the Adam Sandler movies I like probably have low ratings too but then again I like almost anything I've seen him in.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2018 at 00:54
Originally posted by Upbeat Tango Monday Upbeat Tango Monday wrote:

31. The Human Centipede III (score:3.3) EDIT: Nah, I rewatched it and it's garbage. Part 2 is somewhat passable.

That film....is f*cking surreal. I saw it in a packed cinema of horror fans, and to say that everyone left deflated and in disbelief would be an understatement! What's so bizarre about it is that it's essentially the director completely ending his career, just for the sake of sticking a middle finger up not only to critics, but to the fans who didn't like the second film. And then there's the completely deranged acting on top of it all! Reminds me of that `Futurama' episode with Zoidberg's filmmaker father directing everyone to really `act' and they're all running around like crazy in every corner of the screen!

The second film is a grubby and unpleasant piece of work (even if the black and white photography is quite beautiful), but the first one, for all its notorious and seedy reputation, is actually a rather beautifully shot and subtly directed horror thriller with a superb lead performance from the main baddie. Probably the only decent thing that director has done, and it's a shame his own ego has been his undoing!
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2018 at 15:33
Do you have an actual list of low rated movies from there..?

;)
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
Morningrise View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morningrise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2018 at 08:31
I can think of 3 at the moment.

Masters Of The Universe and The Phantom starring Billy Zane are deeply flawed and campy, but I find them very entertaining.

But the best example I can think of is "The Last American Virgin". It's not really that badly rated, as it currently has a 6.2 rating in imdb. But I LOVE that movie. It starts as just another teen flick of a group of guys trying to get laid, but in the middle of the film something happens which changes the whole tone of it. And it has one of the ballsiest endings ever.
Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2018 at 10:31
I looked through the bottom 100 list Micky posted and had to go up to #65 (Dungeons and Dragons) to find one I have seen. The next was #95 (Plan 9). 

I really enjoyed "Unfinished Business" which comes in at 5.4.

Of my top 10 favorites, "Mystery Men" is only a 6.0.

Comedies in general seem to not exceed 6.5.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morningrise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2018 at 15:46
I thought of 3 more

Blood Feast (1963): Herschell Gordon Lewis' gore classic. Before Leatherface, Michael Myers, Jason Voorhees and all the others, there was FUAD RAMSES!!

Killer Klowns From Outer Space (1988): So much fun

Teeth (2007): Two words: vagina dentata
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morningrise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2018 at 15:48
On a more serious and artsy note if you wish, there's also The Tree Of Life (love it or hate it. Personally I think it's one of the greatest movies of the last 20 years),and Pier Paolo Pasolini's infamous Saló
Odvin Draoi View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Odvin Draoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2019 at 10:34
There are LOTS OF movies I like very much, and rated low in IMDB. It is not a surprise anymore.

For example look at this, rating average and number is ridiculous. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0918630/

I like this type of films. In the 90s, Turkish televisions were showing this kind of horror b-films very much. I'm not defending that most of them have necessary merits to be assessed as "high-quality", yet a serious number of them are at least watchable. Or else, it is because I grew up with such films, watching on TV and hiring VHS tapes.

Another example is this. It was a very interesting film for me, having an extraordinary plot. Again its IMDB statistics are horrible. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1079372/?ref_=nv_sr_1?ref_=nv_sr_1

This is one of the best teenager series I watched. OK, this time rating average is high enough, yet number of ratings are not. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0437711/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Same for my favourite comedy show. rating average is splendid this time though. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4934214/?ref_=nv_sr_1?ref_=nv_sr_1

This anime is one of the best D&D related things. Look at its IMDB statistics. LOL https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2148760/?ref_=nv_sr_3?ref_=nv_sr_3

This is also undeservedly very underrated. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0085542/?ref_=nv_sr_1?ref_=nv_sr_1

Recently I was surprised by this movie's ratings. It is a great movie, if I were in my adolescence, it would be one of my favourite movies ever. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2119543/?ref_=nv_sr_1?ref_=nv_sr_1

More for adults, this movie may be one of the most underrated one I can mention. One of my ultimate favourites. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0128278/?ref_=nv_sr_6?ref_=nv_sr_6
Vompatti View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vompatti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2019 at 10:48
Al Adamson's movies are quite enjoyable, many of them are rated under 3/10.
Frenetic Zetetic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frenetic Zetetic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2019 at 02:18
The entire Friday the 13th series Cool.

"I am so prog, I listen to concept albums on shuffle." -KMac2021
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>