Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

King Crimson - Live In Mexico 2017

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: King Crimson - Live In Mexico 2017
    Posted: August 02 2018 at 15:25
https://shop.schizoidshop.com/meltdown-king-crimson-live-in-mexico-p1764.aspx  

Massive autobuy for me. 

Edited by Man With Hat - August 02 2018 at 15:26
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dellinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2018 at 21:27
Wow, that seems great. I was at one of the concerts, and the second half was amazing (well, it was all amazing, of course). I guess I will have to buy this one.
AEProgman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AEProgman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2018 at 07:15
Yeah, saw them in 2017 also.  Track list from CDs and DVDs below.  A Sailor's Tale!
Yes, autobuy...

Meltdown: Track-listing:

CD One:

Walk On
Larks' Tongues in Aspic Part One 
Neurotica   
Cirkus
Dawn Song 
Last Skirmish
Prince Rupert's Lament
The Hell Hounds of Krim
Red     
Fallen Angel    
Islands
The Talking Drum 
Larks' Tongues in Aspic Part Two    

CD2
   Indiscipline
  The ConstruKction of Light
   Epitaph
   Banshee Legs Bell Hassle
   Easy Money
   Interlude    
   The Letters
   The Sailor's Tale
   CatalytiKc No. 9
  Meltdown         
Radical Action II
   Level Five    
   Starless     

CD3
   Peace - An End    
   Pictures of a City
   Devil Dogs Of Tessellation Row   
   Fracture     
  The Court of the Crimson King     
Heroes        
   21st Century Schizoid Man
  Discipline  
  Moonchild    
   Tony's Cadenza
Jeremy's Cadenza
  Breathless    

BLU-RAY (audio/video)
   Neurotica
   Pictures of a City
   Cirkus   
Dawn Song
 Last Skirmish 
Prince Rupert's Lament
   Epitaph
 Devil Dogs 
  Fracture
   Islands
   Indiscipline
   Peace - An End
   Easy Money
Interlude
   The Letters
   The Sailors Tale
Catalytic No 9
   Fallen Angel 
  The Talking Drum
   Larks' Tongues in Aspic Part 2
   Starless

The Hell Hounds of Krim
   21st Century Schizoid Man

Edited by AEProgman - August 03 2018 at 12:20
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dellinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2018 at 16:39
^ Just as I read on FB, unfortunatley they are missing the song Exiles, which they actually played the night I saw them (and was a real surprise). Given they chose such a long selection of songs, it doesn't make sense that they left it out.
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2018 at 04:16
Oh my Jim...that looks absolutely unresistable to me. I wish you hadn't posted that I just bought a truckload of new albums (and new headphones of course! ).
Looks like I'll have to wait a little before I get my hands on this, but it is most definitely edning up in my apartment at some point.

Btw nice to see Prince Rupert's Lament in there. Should be interesting - although I would have preferred to have the entire Lizard piece included as it is a particular fave of mine. It'd be almost impossible with all the different sections and just the sheer number of instruments in play....but you could just bin that in favour of some synths and oil drums perchance? I don't know but three incredible talented drummers could possibly make something audacious and wonderful out of those orchestral sections? I am dreaming out loud of course...
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2018 at 13:53
Originally posted by Dellinger Dellinger wrote:

^ Just as I read on FB, unfortunatley they are missing the song Exiles, which they actually played the night I saw them (and was a real surprise). Given they chose such a long selection of songs, it doesn't make sense that they left it out.

As blasphemous as this sounds, this was never one of my favorites, so while it would have been nice to have, I'm personally not too upset about it. I guess, being they only performed it once, it was substandard in Fripp's eyes. 
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2018 at 13:54
Originally posted by Guldbamsen Guldbamsen wrote:

Oh my Jim...that looks absolutely unresistable to me. I wish you hadn't posted that I just bought a truckload of new albums (and new headphones of course!).
Looks like I'll have to wait a little before I get my hands on this, but it is most definitely edning up in my apartment at some point.

Btw nice to see Prince Rupert's Lament in there. Should be interesting - although I would have preferred to have the entire Lizard piece included as it is a particular fave of mine. It'd be almost impossible with all the different sections and just the sheer number of instruments in play....but you could just bin that in favour of some synths and oil drums perchance? I don't know but three incredible talented drummers could possibly make something audacious and wonderful out of those orchestral sections? I am dreaming out loud of course...

They recently added the Bolero section on their most recent tour, so there is always a possibly they keep adding to it as future tours commence. 
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dellinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2018 at 21:52
Originally posted by Guldbamsen Guldbamsen wrote:

Oh my Jim...that looks absolutely unresistable to me. I wish you hadn't posted that I just bought a truckload of new albums (and new headphones of course! ).

Actually, from the Lizard suite, the pieces I love are the first two, the rest I just don't care so much for, so I'm not really so thrilled that they played them (though I think I did enjoy this one better on the concert over the original version). As for the first two, I love them so much I'm afraid they couldn't do them justice. If I find Jakko's performance of "Epitaph" lacking, I don't expect him to be able to do much better trying to sing something originally with Anderson. And as for Bolero, I'd be missing too much Tippet's piano and the bunch of the wind section (I don't think Mel Collins alone could take it all to himself with the same effect). But if they actually already played it, I'd be interested at least in checking it out.
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dellinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2018 at 21:57
Originally posted by Man With Hat Man With Hat wrote:

Originally posted by Dellinger Dellinger wrote:

As blasphemous as this sounds, this was never one of my favorites, so while it would have been nice to have, I'm personally not too upset about it. I guess, being they only performed it once, it was substandard in Fripp's eyes. 

I do love Exiles, specially the live version on USA (or for me more accuratley, Collectable King Crimson Vol 1), but even as much I enjoyed the fact that they played it, and as much of a surprise that it was, indeed I thought the performance was not at the same level as the 70's versions of it (just about the same with Epitaph, I did know they had been playing it, but was not sure if they would keep it for the concert... yet as soon as the first notes played there was just that sense of something wonderful coming... actually I believe it was felt throughout the audience that it was the most welcome song when it began... still the performance just wouldn't reach the height of the original one, which of course I already knew having heard live versions of the new tours).
Terra Australis View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terra Australis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2018 at 03:15
I see they have included Fracture. One of my favourite KC tracks... How does it sound?
Allomerus. Music with progressive intent.

http://allomerus.bandcamp.com
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2018 at 11:51
^ Fracture is also available on the Vienna 16 live set, if you want a sneak peak. I for one quite like it. It is very dense, especially rhythmically and imo time has not degraded the energy from the finale. 
Terra Australis View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terra Australis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2018 at 01:07
Thanks. I'll check it out!
Allomerus. Music with progressive intent.

http://allomerus.bandcamp.com
AEProgman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AEProgman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2018 at 09:13
Pre-ordered, should be shipping soon!
Looking forward to the Blu-Ray DVD in 5.1 sound...
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2018 at 09:51
No thanks, too much of a good thing.
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2018 at 03:06
Hopefully Live In Bournemouth 2018 will be just as good
Smile
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2018 at 03:13
Originally posted by richardh richardh wrote:

Smile

And Cardiff I am sooooo looking forward to Wednesday.
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2018 at 16:58
Originally posted by lazland lazland wrote:

Originally posted by richardh richardh wrote:

Smile

And Cardiff I am sooooo looking forward to Wednesday.

and you will enjoy I'm sure. Easily one of the best gigs I've ever been to. The 3 drummers work brilliantly together and you really don't know where or what to look at half the time! Plenty of crowd pleasers in the set , assuming its the same set as Monday. Also will the crowd in Cardiff pick up on the false ending of The Court Of The Crimson King I wonder? The fans in Bournemouth didn't! Have lots of fun or a 'party' as Fripp put it. Oh one tip .. don't arrive late. They start on time.Smile
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dellinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2018 at 22:08
^ Don't expect them to play exactly the same set. Is it the same venue, or already somewhere else? However, at least as far as I checked it out when they came to Mexico, they did change a few of the songs constatly... and even more so if they are playing at the same venue. The core, of course, is very similar, but if you check out what they have been playing, you might easily identify the songs that are rotated and that with luck or bad luck you might get or not get to hear. Of course, even so, I was very pleasantly surprised at the date I got to see them, for they played Exiles, which they hadn't been doing through the tour (and unfortunatley wasn't included on this release).
AEProgman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AEProgman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2018 at 06:45
Just got Meltdown - Live in Mexico 2017 yesterday and popped in the DVD last night.  It is Great!  It was like being there again but able to see things better and pick on things I did not notice then.  It was fantastic to see them play "A Sailors Tale", they did not play that on the show I was at.

Love it!  Start on the CDs next.
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dellinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2018 at 21:15
^ Great, I guess it's my turn to hunt it down now.
 Post Reply Post Reply