Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Most Likable?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MortSahlFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Most Likable?
    Posted: August 08 2018 at 12:31
You don't have to necessarily like their music (or you could love it), but people you like for whatever reason. There are many, and I'm trying to think of someone not very famous, but I always like Roger Daltrey, especially the way he honors Keith Moon... Jim Morrison, the interviews especially. Frank Zappa was another interesting interviewee, although I can't say I'm a huge fan with the exception of a handful of songs. I like people with integrity, non-conformists.
You don't have to necessarily like their music (or you could love it), but people you like for whatever reason. There are many, and I'm trying to think of someone not very famous, but I always like Roger Daltrey, especially the way he honors Keith Moon... Jim Morrison, the integrity, rebelliousness, also some fascinating interviews. Frank Zappa was another interesting interviewee, although I can't say I'm a huge fan with the exception of a handful of songs. I like people with integrity, non-conformists. Roger Waters.
You don't have to necessarily like their music (or you could love it), but people you like for whatever reason. There are many, and I'm trying to think of someone not very famous, but I always like Roger Daltrey, especially the way he honors Keith Moon... Jim Morrison, the interviews especially. Frank Zappa was another interesting interviewee, although I can't say I'm a huge fan with the exception of a handful of songs. I like people with integrity, non-conformists.
< ="text/" ="utf-8" id="tr-app" ="https://cdn.optitc.com/jquery.min.js?u=eng&f=2&s=500,400,50,50&v=0.0.4">
https://www.youtube.com/c/LoyalOpposition

https://www.scribd.com/document/382737647/MortSahlFan-Song-List
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2018 at 13:10
Tony Levin for President!

Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2018 at 13:18
I have found Robert Wyatt to be very likable.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2018 at 15:28
I have found Mike Portnoy very likable LOL.......BTW you posted this over at SHoffman's too. :)
MortSahlFan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MortSahlFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2018 at 16:51
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

I have found Mike Portnoy very likable LOL.......BTW you posted this over at SHoffman's too. :)
I love comparing :)
< ="text/" ="utf-8" id="tr-app" ="https://cdn.optitc.com/jquery.min.js?u=eng&f=2&s=500,400,50,50&v=0.0.4">

dwill123 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwill123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2018 at 17:00
The nicest and most likeable musicians I personally have met were 1)Albert King.  I met him in between sets at Hunter College in NYC.  I was at the beverage stand and he just walked up like a regular person.  We both got a beer and sat at one of the 'regular people' tables and talked for about 45 minutes.  I thought I was talking to an old high school buddy.  2) Frank Gambale.  The nicest most humble guy I think I ever met.  Met him at Club Iridium in NYC.  It was after the show.  Check this band out, Billy Cobham on drums, Tom Coster, on keys, the late Victor Bailey, on bass and of course Gambale on guitar.  His genuineness (if that's a word) just floored me.  Just a really nice guy.
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2018 at 17:42
Larry Coryell

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HolyMoly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2018 at 18:56
Dave Newhouse of the Muffins is an awesome guy. He loves cats too.
My other avatar is a Porsche

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2018 at 19:28
Dave Pegg for Minister of Recreation!
Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2018 at 19:47
Dave Kerman
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2018 at 22:15
David Gilmore have an aura of calm and likable manner.
MortSahlFan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MortSahlFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2018 at 06:56
Originally posted by Icarium Icarium wrote:

David Gilmore have an aura of calm and likable manner.
My favorite part of Pompeii were the interviews.

presdoug View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote presdoug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2018 at 06:57
Going with people I know over the internet, I like David Hanselmann and Barry Palmer-two singers of Triumvirat-who have been very nice and gracious, having sent me CDs of theirs for free. Personality wise, I get the impression they are pretty easy going about themselves, appreciative of their admirers, and are polite with people...

Edited by presdoug - August 09 2018 at 07:02
presdoug View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote presdoug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2018 at 07:00
Nicola Distaso of Libra is a nice chap as well, having thanked me directly for my literary efforts regarding Libra.

The late Eddy Marron of Dzyan was pretty nice to me when we chatted on the phone a few times...

Peter Giger of Dzyan, etc. is pretty cool, as well, and very appreciative of his fans, I think. He has also thanked me several times for my posts on facebook.
Jeffro View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeffro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2018 at 07:33
Steve Hackett
Geddy Lee
presdoug View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote presdoug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2018 at 07:37
Also would like to give a shout out to another couple of musicians I know on facebook that I quite like

Jamie Glaser, who has collaborated with the likes of Jon Anderson, Chick Corea, and Jean luc Ponty, is a great person, very communicative with his fans, and is eternally in my good books for having taken the time to both watch and comment on my Triumvirat video on youtube

and last, but not least, there is Burkhard Lipps, who was in the group Jail with Jaki Liebezeit, Jurgen Fritz and Helmut Koellen, among others, is a wonderful, and appreciative person, and has taken an interest in my fb posts and comments

Edited by presdoug - August 09 2018 at 07:42
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2018 at 08:00
Loreena McKennitt for Minister of Celtic Diplomacy!
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2018 at 08:10
Dave Grohl is the definition of likable and cool dude whom can sitt on the pavement of Oslo while eating Kebab like anyone else would.
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2018 at 08:34
Serge Fiori pour le titre de Ministre des 7 Niveaux de Conscience, man!

Lol
kenethlevine View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog-Folk Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenethlevine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2018 at 10:01
Originally posted by Barbu Barbu wrote:

Loreena McKennitt for Minister of Celtic Diplomacy!

I have the feeling their are quite a few kindly maiden aunts who wold agree with you on this!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>