Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Most Likable?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2018 at 11:00
Originally posted by kenethlevine kenethlevine wrote:

Originally posted by Barbu Barbu wrote:

Loreena McKennitt for Minister of Celtic Diplomacy!

I have the feeling their are quite a few kindly maiden aunts who wold agree with you on this!

The incessantly, convulsively sobbing, irresistible kind?

Sadly, most folks I know categorizes her music as 'too gentle'. Au contraire! I think we need more, not less, stuff like this in this new dark age.

Edited by Barbu - August 09 2018 at 11:04
kenethlevine View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog-Folk Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenethlevine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2018 at 11:14
^ yes, exactly those kind!  one needs patience for Loreena's music.  It unfolds slowly but surely.  Prog fans should have no trouble with that concept!

Edited by kenethlevine - August 09 2018 at 11:15
Squonk19 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Squonk19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2018 at 17:54
Steve Hackett, Neal Morse, Dave Bainbridge, Nad Sylvan, Dave Cousins, Gordon Giltrap, Dave Grohl, Bruce Springsteen are a few I feel conduct themselves well amongst us mere mortals!

I think someone might want to start a least likeable thread. I can only go by reputation, but I wouldn't fancy being in a hospitality or meet and greet session with Van Morrison, Roger Waters, Axel Rose, John Martyn, Steve Howe, Bob Dylan, Tony Banks etc. If they weren't quite in the right frame of mind after a show!
“Living in their pools, they soon forget about the sea.”
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2018 at 03:37
Originally posted by Squonk19 Squonk19 wrote:

I think someone might want to start a least likeable thread. I can only go by reputation, but I wouldn't fancy being in a hospitality or meet and greet session with Van Morrison, Roger Waters, Axel Rose, John Martyn, Steve Howe, Bob Dylan, Tony Banks etc. If they weren't quite in the right frame of mind after a show!

TBH, I think that meeting after the show is probably one of the least favorable condition to meet them, especially if something (even minute) didn't go right for them;
As you say it's a question of frame of mnd.
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2018 at 03:57
In my experience, I would have to go with Rod Argent and Colin Blunstone. Two of the nicest "vintage" rockers you would ever hope to meet.
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12