Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report bugs here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Review already exists

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aapatsos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Review already exists
    Posted: August 09 2018 at 07:59
Hi team, I get this message when I try to post a review about Alan Reed's Honey or a Razor's Edge album
A rating/review posted 7/18/2018 7:22:55 AM, for this album already exist for user (aapatsos).
You can edit your old ratings and reviews, just log in using the MEMBER LOGIN link, top menu. Report problem by contacting progarchives.com administrators.
I am sure I have not reviewed this previously!

Can you help?
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2018 at 08:28
I don't know, I find no record of a review by you for Honey On The Razor's Edge

Maybe try clearing your cache, I say that no matter the problem like the techie who says, "Have you tried turning it off and on again?" And if you haven't already, try quick rating it, and if that works, then edit in your review (though it may/ will not appear on the front page if that works. If you can quick rate it and there is a record of it, then we could delete that, mind you).

Edited by Logan - August 09 2018 at 08:38
Just a fanboy passin' through.
aapatsos View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aapatsos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2018 at 09:05
Thanks, had cleaned cache previously

Weird, I now put a rating and when trying to edit with a review it says that I cannot edit others reviews...

Ouch

Will try another browser
TiddK View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TiddK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2018 at 10:54
I just got exactly the same error for my first review. Disapprove

(Caravan's "In The Land Of Grey and PInk"). Curiously, I was told my existing review was from half an hour earlier, which is probably when I began my review?

Update:
I found that the "existing review" just referred to my rating. So as there was an 'Edit ratings & reviews' option, and as I'd taken the precaution of copying the review to TextEdit, I decided to do that. When I clicked, sure enough, my rating was there but when I clicked the notepad symbol to edit the review, there was nothing there!
So I copied and pasted from TextEdit and clicked 'Save'. There I was prompted to click 'I Am Not A Robot' (why does this happen so often??), and I was returned to the page with the Save button. So I clicked again, and again I had the Captcha, was returned to the Review page, clicked Save and ... an endless loop. 
In the end, in some despair, I clicked Home deciding to abandon my review and vowing never to waste time on another one. But there on the page was my review as the latest one!!! Uh? Ugh.

Edited by TiddK - August 09 2018 at 11:17
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2018 at 12:17
I see that your review, aapatsos, is now up on the Alan Reed Honey On The Razor's Edge page, but not on the front page (due to editing in the review). I actually saw it up on the front page when I first checked, but now I don't. And now I do again, as well as Tiddk's. Maybe I missed it the second time, or I got an earlier cached page (that happens). Trying different browsers, or devices, can be a good strategy, which I should have mentioned.

TiddK, Captcha is a pain -- it's there for security partially as we had DNS attacks, but I don't think that it's configured well, or works well with this site. This site has more bugs, or things that bug people, than a beetles convention. Okay, beetles aren't technically bugs, but, suffice to say, this site is glitchy and I hope it gets fixed. Unfortunately, that is out of our hands and we don't have much contact with the site owner.
aapatsos View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aapatsos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2018 at 13:52
Greg, yes it worked strangely by posting a rating in one browser and then a review on another. Shows on the main page for me.

The whole thing has gone berserk me thinks, I have struggled to do the basics recently. Just hope things improve.

Thanks for your help
Mascodagama View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mascodagama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2018 at 14:12
Originally posted by TiddK TiddK wrote:

I just got exactly the same error for my first review. Disapprove

(Caravan's "In The Land Of Grey and PInk"). Curiously, I was told my existing review was from half an hour earlier, which is probably when I began my review?

Update:
I found that the "existing review" just referred to my rating. So as there was an 'Edit ratings & reviews' option, and as I'd taken the precaution of copying the review to TextEdit, I decided to do that. When I clicked, sure enough, my rating was there but when I clicked the notepad symbol to edit the review, there was nothing there!
So I copied and pasted from TextEdit and clicked 'Save'. There I was prompted to click 'I Am Not A Robot' (why does this happen so often??), and I was returned to the page with the Save button. So I clicked again, and again I had the Captcha, was returned to the Review page, clicked Save and ... an endless loop. 
In the end, in some despair, I clicked Home deciding to abandon my review and vowing never to waste time on another one. But there on the page was my review as the latest one!!! Uh? Ugh.

For what it's worth I enjoyed your review, so thanks for sticking with it! I hope you won't be entirely discouraged.

Edited by Mascodagama - August 09 2018 at 14:12
Soldato of the Pan Head Mafia. We'll make you an offer you can't listen to.
Bandcamp Profile
Tarcisio Moura View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tarcisio Moura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2018 at 08:08
Hi! I recently wrote a review on Mutantes Tudo Foi Feito Pelo Sol, but when I tried to send it I got a reply saying I already had a review of that album. But I verified my old reviews and there was not. I decided to rate it like you recommeded to another reviewer here and I was succesful. However, when I tried to edit it to include the text I´ve written for it, I got a message saying I could not edit others reviews or ratings. What is happening? I´ve been writing for PA for over a decade and it never occur to me.
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2018 at 10:26
I can't really add anything that hasn't already been written in the posts of this thread. Try clearing your cache, try using another browser or device.

Here is a ink to the album in question if other admins want to check when you try again and if doesn't take (the id number can help us): http://www.progarchives.com/album-reviews.asp?id=4981

I deleted your rating as that might now help in trying again.

Dud you try what worked for aapatsos? "Greg, yes it worked strangely by posting a rating in one browser and then a review on another. Shows on the main page for me."

Perhaps try clearing your cache, posting the review normally in a different browser, then try rating and reviewing in a different browser, and if that doesn't work, try doing what aapatsos said (this could be a useful experiment).
Tarcisio Moura View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tarcisio Moura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2018 at 11:54
Ok, I tried again and this time it worked! Thanks Logan! And everyone else who gave suggestions.
tvtennis View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tvtennis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2018 at 17:40
I noticed I had a typo in my review, when trying to edit my review it says that I cannot edit others reviews... Tried logging out, turning the PC off, same issue.
 Post Reply Post Reply