Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report bugs here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWhat is going on here?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Topic: What is going on here?
    Posted: July 09 2004 at 16:59

Although I would consider inappropriate reviews to be "Forum Abuse", they seem to be noticed here in the "bugs" area, so I'll post this here too. It seems that some think the reviews pages are an alternate to coming into the forums!

RARE BIRD Third Time Around: An Introduction to Rare Bird reviews
RARE BIRD Third Time Around: An Introduction to Rare Bird
Review by Tonny larz @ 2:02:17 PM EST, 7/9/2004

PROG REVIEWER
5 stars  —  Hi there Pam...well the cover of this particular cd..are as you point out ironius. And now im doing the exact samt thing as you did..namely using this as a contact forum. as this is not a review...but i was intrigued..learning that you are Graham Fields wife... Maybe i could persuade you to give us (progarchives) some interesting trivia about Rare bird?? That would indeed be GREAT !!! Thanks..and have a nice summer.

Tonny Larz. (im a great fan of Rare Bird).

P.s. i can be contacted personally via Progarchives!!

Review by Neil Myers @ 3:56:24 PM EST, 7/9/2004

4 stars  —  Hi Pam and Tonny,i too am a big Rare Bird fan and why Polydor used that picture with Graham and Mark on it to front this CD is a mystery.I love all Rare Bird music and if this CD had included Peace of Mind ,Lonely Street and More and More it would have got five stars from me.Whether it can be classed as Progressive rock is debatable.Ofcourse the first two Rare Bird albums 'Rare Bird'and' As Your Mind Flies By' are classic ground breaking progressive rock,they had a unique keyboard sound all of their own, which i loved.There are many fine tracks on this cd but my favorites are the two excellent live songs All that i Need and Third Time Around.

Review by Pam Stansfield @ 10:52:40 AM EST, 7/9/2004

2 stars  —  Why is there a picture of the original line up of Rare Bird on the cover, when none of the tracks featured on the album include the original line up ? i.e. Graham Field and Mark Ashton are not featured. The picture ought to reflect the artists. I am Graham Field's wife!!

The Prognaut View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2004 at 18:45

So what's the purpose of the Forums anyway?

Maybe a Chat Room feature will do the trick huh?

break the circle

reset my head

wake the sleepwalker

and i'll wake the dead
 Post Reply Post Reply