Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Did InfoWars lose the info war?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Poll Question: Did InfoWars lose the info war?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
8 [72.73%]
3 [27.27%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vompatti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Did InfoWars lose the info war?
    Posted: August 12 2018 at 12:47
There's a war on for your mind!
Mascodagama View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Mascodagama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2018 at 13:15
Dear Mr. Jones,

and kindly take all your little friends with you.

Thank you.

Edited by Mascodagama - August 12 2018 at 13:17
Soldato of the Pan Head Mafia. We'll make you an offer you can't listen to.
Bandcamp Profile
Vompatti View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vompatti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2018 at 13:51
I personally support everything Alex Jones stands for and strongly believe that he has what it takes to turn these hardships into blessings.
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mascodagama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2018 at 14:19
Originally posted by Vompatti Vompatti wrote:

I personally support everything Alex Jones stands for and strongly believe that he has what it takes to turn these hardships into blessings.

Edited by Mascodagama - August 12 2018 at 14:20
Bandcamp Profile
Easy Money View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Easy Money Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2018 at 15:00
When info wars, everyone loses.
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2018 at 11:16
Not sure of the point of the poll.....since I have always thought Alex Jones was always a few screws short of the proper amount.

;)
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
Argo2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argo2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2018 at 11:31

Ok, You need to put a smiley face or goofy emoji  next to that comment so people know you're kidding.Wink
 (Please be kidding)
Vompatti View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vompatti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2018 at 11:52
^ Unfortunately I'm unable to use emojis because of the CAPTCHA, but yes, I was totally just kidding (haha) and not serious in the slightest. :P
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mascodagama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2018 at 12:38

^ Unfortunately I'm unable to use emojis because of the CAPTCHA, but yes, I was totally just kidding (haha) and not serious in the slightest. :P
Bandcamp Profile
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2018 at 12:45
When things get banned I just want to investigate deeper. So Do Many others. When I'm told not to hear something I only wonder who's agenda is behind the decision

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mascodagama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2018 at 14:23
Originally posted by siLLy puPPy siLLy puPPy wrote:

When things get banned I just want to investigate deeper. So Do Many others. When I'm told not to hear something I only wonder who's agenda is behind the decision

What's behind the decision(s) in Alex Jones' case is that he's a racist, violence-inciting merchant of hate speech. This is very easily verified.

Personally I'm all in favour of denying a platform to him and his ilk.
Bandcamp Profile
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2018 at 17:02
^ not likely. He single handed created alternative media and has launched some important topics into the mainstream. I've seen many interviews with him and Cynthia McKinney as well as other African-americans. He denies the hate speech being used as the excuse for banning him. Since virtually ANYTHING can be changed and manipulated by CGI and voice recognition technology, who knows really. While i've never been a fan of his personality or his over the top capitalistic approach of selling crap, i have to say that many subjects i've studied independently had been reported by him initially. If something he said, whether manufactured or not, was illegal then ban that particular video, chat, tweet etc but to ban EVERYTHING he has ever done is clearly a witchhunt of some sort.

tempest_77 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tempest_77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2018 at 18:41
I never found him entertaining, I really just think he's quite a few cards short of a full deck.
I use they/them pronouns (feel free to ask me about this!)

Check out my music on my bandcamp!
someone_else View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote someone_else Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2018 at 02:24
Option #2, methinks. He may be a shoutaloud who has some demons, but at least he has a good point when he states that there is a war on information going on. He knew that this ban was going to happen someday. Sometimes he may be ahead of the news.
Frankh View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frankh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2018 at 02:38
Sandy Hook? Anyone?

Is this thing on?

6, 7 year old kids...

This guy has a special spot reserved in an inhospitable afterlife clime.

Ashamed to share my citizenship with him.
Perhaps finding the happy medium is harder than we know.
twseel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twseel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2018 at 03:05
Originally posted by someone_else someone_else wrote:

Option #2, methinks. He may be a shoutaloud who has some demons, but at least he has a good point when he states that there is a war on information going on. He knew that this ban was going to happen someday. Sometimes he may be ahead of the news.
Of course if you shout out your support at every possible doomsday scenario, anti-establishment theory and sinister prediction readily floating around the political sphere you will hit some where for each person to feel vindicated in. It's a classic paranoia roulette, it just takes a guy with no sense of consistency or self-awareness to pull it off.
MortSahlFan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MortSahlFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2018 at 03:48
I just don't like one guy or one company arbitrating.. If he's a quack job, let the people decide if they want to listen or not. Coercion is always enticing until it's your "side"< ="text/" ="utf-8" id="tr-app" ="https://cdn.optitc.com/jquery.min.js?u=eng&f=2&s=500,400,50,50&v=0.0.4">
https://www.youtube.com/c/LoyalOpposition

https://www.scribd.com/document/382737647/MortSahlFan-Song-List
Blacksword View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blacksword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2018 at 04:32
Has he lost the Infowar? It's not clear. If people are serious about supportng Jones, they will acually sign up to Infowars and pay a subscription, instead of watching his bullsh*t for free on YT etc... This could play out very well for AJ financially.

For many years he's being saying "The globalists want to shut me down!!!" Well, now they have, so I guess in that regard, the conspiracy nut was actually right all along, and de-platforming of him, has merely underlined and partly validated his claims, which clearly doesn't look good. It's afforded him a certain degree of matyrdom.

I'll not miss Jones, but I'm opposed to him being platformed on principle. "First they came for the right wing nut jobs, but I didn't do anything because I wasn't a right wing nutjob. Then they came for etc etc etc..." You get me..?
Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy!
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2018 at 05:58
Originally posted by someone_else someone_else wrote:

Exactly. This issue goes beyond Alex Jones. It's about censorship in general. YouTube for example has been ramping up the removal of videos and deleting accounts for subjects that criticize the official status quo. Another way they do this is simply by defunding (not paying for views) as well as manipulating the counter. Whistleblowers have stated that Google, YouTube, Facebook etc are nothing more than CIA spying sites. As they see people becoming more aware of how the world really works, they are growing more restless and quashing the great awakening. However, the genie is out of the bottle and their fruits are rather too little too late. Alternative open source sites are popping up like wildflowers in spring. It's a beautiful day indeed.

moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2018 at 06:36
Hi,

The only scary thought I have, is that we, as listeners, are too jaded, to know when something is toxic, and we think that we have to kill it, in order to continue our life.

I'm not in favor of those folks doing what they do, but for the past many years, this has been a serious part of politics, and it scares me even more when a president is a leader in trying to shut people down, and sending them home without a job.

IF, there is a problem where that guy is, it would be the money that keeps him up there on the air ... and it is the same thing with the middle eastern situation when there is so much money from the Arab worlds supporting terrorism ... because they dislike America, etc, etc, etc ... 

Radio, has been pretty poor for a long time. For the FCC to shut it down, there must have been something much stronger than a few words and political thoughts and ideas. The FCC, above all, has to understand and support the Constitution, and I doubt they would take a step unless there were other circumstances that caused the problems.

The other issue, that I think is a problem, is the way that it was being broadcast ... like a pirate radio station ... and even though, in our OWN HISTORY, progressive music just about got its start in those places, going back to the KINKS, BEATLES, ROLLING STONES (for example), there is a side to it, that makes sense ... the folks can not get on the air to play and say what they want to.

That said, there are a lot of ways to say what you want, that are not hurtful, and malicious, and alienates people. The scary part is that someone like him gets money from somewhere to keep on doing this, and this is the part that could be better dealt with. 

The FCC has a history of going after folks broadcasting "illegally", and even a few years back they went after MICRO RADIO, and other typical and similar situations. 

While I am not sure I would want to strengthen the FCC's stand, I do think that folks that broadcast have a responsibility of being fair and honest and not malicious or vindictive. To me, that alone is more important, so this gentleman being shut down, is not a surprise ... although, if you look at the history of a lot of radio, tv, and the media, it was the folks way out in left field and in Mars, that made things happen and change ... and for someone like this, I would be very careful ... the last thing we want is a martyr that everyone looks at as a purveyor of a new order.
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>