Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Did InfoWars lose the info war?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Poll Question: Did InfoWars lose the info war?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
8 [72.73%]
3 [27.27%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AZF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2018 at 09:06
I listened to him about 2002 but as I got more information myself, I drifted away.
He's still got his website but he's going to be even more insufferable to listen to now!
Banning though? Well I feel Alex should have sold a mindset but he's a puppet. I'd rather read or listen to David Icke! No seriously, at least Icke has better sass!
I didn't listen to Alex's interview with Trump. Now Trump is in and Alex has disassociated with Trump because *shock the war is still on!!
Well if can't even trust the other side of the political system any more than the usual side?
Oh dear, whatever will we do?
And special mention of Paul Joseph Watson! Going on about the sexualisation of young kids while wearing make up himself!
I've seen the "resistance" and it's a short, bald too soon man who looks like a Dale King Of The Hill cosplay with his larger waddling wife conceiving special needs children (due to pollution more than immigration) who are going to save the white race from being outbred.
YAY!! THEY HELPED! THEY HELPED DO THE THING! As we'll no doubt be hearing in retirement homes if we're unlucky enough to see it in our lives
twseel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twseel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2018 at 10:32
Oh but I hadn't actually heard the news about his ban yet... Yeah, the exclusiveness that these platforms are starting to maintain is really harmful to the state of the internet and the net of hate speech getting spread wider and wider is a dangerous development. Stop being pussies and let them speak put their crazy theories, as long as they're not literally discussing a time and place to organize a violent protest or terrorist attack, and even then, stop them as attackers, not as broadcasters. Let that free speech prevail.
progaardvark View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progaardvark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2018 at 10:40

----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
Vompatti View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vompatti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2018 at 11:06
Originally posted by AZF AZF wrote:

And special mention of Paul Joseph Watson! Going on about the sexualisation of young kids while wearing make up himself!
He's of a legal age and deserves all the sexualization he gets.
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2018 at 17:10
@progaardvark LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
Funny stuff indeed.

Seriously, InfoWars started out as a really good resource site in the 90s.

Something happened to AJ. I think he's been using too much of his own products!

Personally i can't stand to watch him. Ugh. However, banned? Unless it's illegal, no matter how crazy. Nope.

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy
rogerthat View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rogerthat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2018 at 00:56
^^^  Declared Hillary dead a number of times during the 2016 election campaign.  Wonder if it was a hologram of Hillary talking during the concession speech.  LOL
rogerthat View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rogerthat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2018 at 01:15
Originally posted by siLLy puPPy siLLy puPPy wrote:

When things get banned I just want to investigate deeper. So Do Many others. When I'm told not to hear something I only wonder who's agenda is behind the decision

It's Trump vs Silicon Valley. Silicon Valley is siding with the mainstream media which, barring Fox News, is already aligned against him.  Caliexit coming up sometime in the foreseeable future?
Blacksword View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blacksword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2018 at 02:03
Originally posted by AZF AZF wrote:

I listened to him about 2002 but as I got more information myself, I drifted away.
He's still got his website but he's going to be even more insufferable to listen to now!
Banning though? Well I feel Alex should have sold a mindset but he's a puppet. I'd rather read or listen to David Icke! No seriously, at least Icke has better sass!
I didn't listen to Alex's interview with Trump. Now Trump is in and Alex has disassociated with Trump because *shock the war is still on!!
Well if can't even trust the other side of the political system any more than the usual side?
Oh dear, whatever will we do?
I've seen the "resistance" and it's a short, bald too soon man who looks like a Dale King Of The Hill cosplay with his larger waddling wife conceiving special needs children (due to pollution more than immigration) who are going to save the white race from being outbred.
YAY!! THEY HELPED! THEY HELPED DO THE THING! As we'll no doubt be hearing in retirement homes if we're unlucky enough to see it in our lives

AJ and Infowars are a gargantuan fraud, and so is David Icke. End of.

As for PJW, he really just needs to calm down. Sometimes he comes out with stuff I agree with and other times he comes across as a lower middle class thug; a shouty racist and homophobe. The sought of person who reads Jordan Peterson books, but equally the sought of person that Peterson would think is a prick.

Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy!
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2018 at 06:06
Originally posted by rogerthat rogerthat wrote:

^^^  Declared Hillary dead a number of times during the 2016 election campaign.  Wonder if it was a hologram of Hillary talking during the concession speech.  LOL

He's an entertainer just like a wrestler or some other outrageous crap.

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2018 at 06:08

When things get banned I just want to investigate deeper. So Do Many others. When I'm told not to hear something I only wonder who's agenda is behind the decision

It's Trump vs Silicon Valley. Silicon Valley is siding with the mainstream media which, barring Fox News, is already aligned against him.  Caliexit coming up sometime in the foreseeable future?

A little more complex than that. THis guy has some good points.

Edited by historian9 - August 17 2018 at 07:06
rogerthat View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rogerthat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2018 at 06:12

He's an entertainer just like a wrestler or some other outrageous crap.

Yeah, it does bother me that a buffoon like him could actually get banned. Comedians are already banned, unofficially of course, from safe spaces.  For different reasons ostensibly, but the reasons seem to be kind of related.  Holding a worldview that the establishment disapproves of.
rogerthat View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rogerthat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2018 at 06:49

A little more complex than that. THis guy has some good points.

Interesting video, certainly.  I find some of his points dubious like of China controlling FB/Google.  But the part about China controlling the universities seems plausible based on reports of the proliferation of Confucius Institute in America.  

The larger point, though, is what I too was trying to make.  Trump is just an example and more than Trump the US president himself, the tech giants have now opened a war front against what he stands for.  Of course, people are going to argue that being that Trump stands for bigotry and racism, what's wrong with that?  What's wrong is the arbitrary and unilateral freedom to ban content that does not conform to the establishment narrative.  This is not new to US, though, and is a more sophisticated version of McCarthyism.  Except this is a McCarthyism being unleashed by the Left and is more insidious since it doesn't involve criminalising the anti establishment actors in most cases, only in denying them a voice which is more powerful.

Edited by historian9 - August 17 2018 at 07:09
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2018 at 07:44
^ I just heard this morning that Google employers are protesting the company's decision to make censorship search engines more readily available in China. I would say that Google has fallen for the money making opportuniites that China represents rather than China itself. In other words, censorship through greed.

ProgMetaller2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProgMetaller2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2018 at 20:26
Infowars? Buahahahaha
“War is peace.

Freedom is slavery.

Ignorance is strength.”

― George Orwell, Nineteen Eighty-Four

"Ignorance and Prejudice and Fear walk Hand in Hand"- Neil Peart

The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2018 at 22:07
Alex Jones is the single reason Reynolds Aluminum remains profitable. All those tinfoil hats are a boon to aluminum manufacturing.
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
ProgMetaller2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProgMetaller2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2018 at 22:21
Originally posted by The Dark Elf The Dark Elf wrote:

Alex Jones is the single reason Reynolds Aluminum remains profitable. All those tinfoil hats are a boon to aluminum manufacturing.

LOL
“War is peace.

Freedom is slavery.

Ignorance is strength.”

― George Orwell, Nineteen Eighty-Four

"Ignorance and Prejudice and Fear walk Hand in Hand"- Neil Peart

King Crimson776 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King Crimson776 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2018 at 05:46
You can define anything you don't like as "hate speech". I don't care for these massive tech companies (that have colluded with government) picking and choosing who is allowed on the public space of the internet, which they have effectively become. I think they should be regulated and made to allow all political speech, and to have complete transparency in the banning process.

It's not just Jones that this is happening to, and you're gravely mistaken if you think this won't result in honest, anti-system leftists eventually getting banned too. Meanwhile, ISIS sympathizers and pedophiles use Twitter, Youtube etc. with no problem. I think they should be allowed too, so long as there is no direct threat of violence, but it just goes to show what's really happening here.

Edited by King Crimson776 - September 11 2018 at 05:47
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12